#JCsMusicology - Michael Jackson (1977 - 1980)

john_cameron

Proud Member

Podcast Streaming - https://lnkfi.re/JCsMusicology

In this episode of #JCsMusicology, we deconstruct each song from Michael Jackson's first solo album as an adult artist - Off The Wall.

Once The Jackson's gained more independence with the group work, allowing the to write and produce the vast majority of their albums going forward, Michael also began to plot his own emancipation. By staring in The Wiz and meeting up with Quincy Jones, a significant musical partnership was formed and a team was assembled.

Using demos and multitrack tapes, we learn how one of the greatest albums in history was crafted.

John, your podcast is great. I go back to your episodes on Michael, Janet, and Madonna again and again and they're an absolute delight every time. Thank you for the work you put into it.

Fantastic as always, thanks a lot for all the time and effort you put into the podcast.

Thank you for putting this much effort into making these podcasts!
I loved your previous episodes (the one about the 1988-1993 period and the one about the 1993-1997 period) so much.
Will the next one be about Bad? :D

Last edited:
this was well put together(y). i enjoyed the title track 'off the wall' the most. it should be available as a separate video on the channel, along with the other singles.

there were even some interview snippets from Michael that I hadn't heard before. such as when he spoke about 'rock with you'.

overall, I think the right choices were made in terms of what made the final cut, and direction that the songs took. even more so when it came the editing of the singles.

this was well put together(y). i enjoyed the title track 'off the wall' the most. it should be available as a separate video on the channel, along with the other singles

I've thought about you post over the past couple of days - and I think you're right. It's a good segment breaking down one of the things that makes Michael's music so immersive - his background vocals.

Thank you for contributing. :)

Back