How excited would you be if... hypothetical

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
Tomorrow an announcement is made about a release of a full J5 concert on dvd?

Why this? Because I'm curious to know if the fans who aren't particularly fan of the Motown period could get excited for this kind of thing.
Would you prefer it over another Dangerous/HIStory concert release?

I personally wouldn’t care. Not very interested in Jackson 5 material.

That's cool, I'd buy it. But I'd be more interested in the TV specials to be released like Goin' Back To Indiana & Diana! or a compilation of their appearances on variety shows like Sonny & Cher, Carol Burnett, Mike Douglas, etc. and the variety show. A concert I would be more excited about is the 1973 Save The Children concert movie, but that's not just the Jackson 5. The only part of Save The Children that has been officially released on home video is What's Goin' On/What's Happening Brother on a Marvin Gaye DVD compilation, which I have. I would like to see the Vegas family show, particularly the one where Elvis Presley was in the audience. That probably wasn't filmed.

I'm not really interested in Mike's solo concerts at all other than Bad. I have the Dangerous one on DVD. That's good enough to me for the post Bad era. I don't care about seeing any HIStory songs performed in a concert or stuff like Heal The World, Will You Be There, or Gone Too Soon.

I would prefer a The Jacksons concert.

But I would buy a J5 concert and watch it. - It's fun to be able to see the evolution in MJ's live performances and his vocals etc.

But Triumph, Victory og a new HQ BAD Concert would be the best they could release IMO.

I wouldn't say no to it, but I wouldn't be upset if it never got released either. I enjoy some songs, but I'm not the biggest J5 fan.

I would be soooooooo freakin excited!! I'm a HUGE J5 fan, and it's been a dream of mine for YEARS to have a concert from one of their early tours

AlwaysThere;4297276 said:
I personally wouldn’t care. Not very interested in Jackson 5 material.

Echoing this sentiment. Not interested.

I'd love it.

Of course I'd prefer solo Michael. And if not, then I'd prefer Jacksons. But a full good quality Jackson 5 concert would be great too. It's better than a HIStory face mask or Dangerous 25 twitter party, put it that way.

I'll take anything to be honest. as long they HQ i don't care. i'm not so picky like other people on here. thank god. :)

Tomorrow an announcement is made about a release of a full J5 concert on dvd?

Why this? Because I'm curious to know if the fans who aren't particularly fan of the Motown period could get excited for this kind of thing.
Would you prefer it over another Dangerous/HIStory concert release?

No, I wouldn't prefer it over a Jacksons or solo MJ tour, but i'd definitely check that out.

No, I wouldn't prefer it over a Jacksons or solo MJ tour, but i'd definitely check that out.

I personally think a lot of people including fans will be in for a huge surprise when they see how cool those early concerts were.
I base this solely on the 2 Forum audio concerts that were released because I have never seen those concerts myself but you can tell these things were phenomenal. Mikky Dee knows, she has seen it in person, check the thread she made in the Jackson 5 section!

I know this is hypothetical but don’t you think if
It was possible to release such a thing it would be out years ago. We know how greedy the Jackson’s are.

But Triumph, Victory og a new HQ BAD Concert would be the best they could release IMO.

Especially a BWT bluray would be ...

tenor.gif

... just awesome!

Better than nothing ..i prefer Dangerous/HIStory concert release anyway give me any thing

I honestly buy anything that HQ with Michael in it. but I agree we need more HQ stuff with Michael as a kid and teenager. there's not a lot and people don't know much about them if they lived in that era.

Motown

I honestly buy anything that HQ with Michael in it. but I agree we need more HQ stuff with Michael as a kid and teenager. there's not a lot and people don't know much about them if they lived in that era.
Motown is sitting on a lot of TV specials. There's 4 or 5 from the 1960s with The Temptations and/or The Supremes. Another one has Smokey Robinson from around 1969 or 1970 and there's a Motortown Revue from around 1963. The only one they've released to home video was Motown 25 a few years ago on DVD. Before that Motown 25 was released on videotape in Japan. I don't know if Motown owns the various specials or the TV networks that originally broadcast them.

Personally speaking, I would be interested but not very interested. I am more interested in the release of Destiny Tour from 1978/1979. That is a concert release that I want more than any of Michael's tours, even his solo tours.

That's cool, I'd buy it. But I'd be more interested in the TV specials to be released like Goin' Back To Indiana & Diana! or a compilation of their appearances on variety shows like Sonny & Cher, Carol Burnett, Mike Douglas, etc. and the variety show. A concert I would be more excited about is the 1973 Save The Children concert movie, but that's not just the Jackson 5. The only part of Save The Children that has been officially released on home video is What's Goin' On/What's Happening Brother on a Marvin Gaye DVD compilation, which I have. I would like to see the Vegas family show, particularly the one where Elvis Presley was in the audience. That probably wasn't filmed.

I'm not really interested in Mike's solo concerts at all other than Bad. I have the Dangerous one on DVD. That's good enough to me for the post Bad era. I don't care about seeing any HIStory songs performed in a concert or stuff like Heal The World, Will You Be There, or Gone Too Soon.

Why is that?

You can see the division among fans. There is for many a clear difference between 70s MJ and post 70s MJ.

You can see the division among fans. There is for many a clear difference between 70s MJ and post 70s MJ.

Yeah, it's mainly the fact that for the most part of the 70s he didn't have pretty much any creative control over his work.

Teenage Michael is so different than young adult Michael. they kind of the same But WAY different.

Back