Whats the deal with the Beat It ending on the HIStory Tour?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I just finished watching Basel 97', one of the better HIStory shows IMO. The ending of Beat It has always confused me with the whole baseball thing and the food-guy and stuff, like what was it meant to symbolize?

I just finished watching Basel 97', one of the better HIStory shows IMO. The ending of Beat It has always confused me with the whole baseball thing and the food-guy and stuff, like what was it meant to symbolize?

Lol, I think the point of that segment was just to get as ignorant and ludicrous as possible as a way to make it really chaotic.

I don't think there is a meaning.

Looks like MJ planned something similiar in This Is It

DuranDuran suggested that the ‘Beat It’ live chaotic ending has deep, spiritual origins.

More specifically, the ‘Beat It’ live chaotic ending seems to have been inspired by the church service when people receive the blessings of the Spirit of God, or, of the Holy Ghost.

The Spirit of God, or, of the Holy Ghost then starts to intensely move people, that is why they start dancing and jumping in that way.

Also, during that church service, people pass the Spirit of God, or, of the Holy Ghost to one another, and they eventually start to dance and jump in that way altogether.

But this theory (that the ‘Beat It’ live chaotic ending was inspired by that) has yet to be officially confirmed.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/144204-Things-That-You-Believe-Weren-t-Necessary-Didn-t-Add-Value-to-MJ-s-Performances/page5

In This Is It it more looks like the band can really jam and go crazy.

Maybe there was no meaning behind it and Michael just wanted to be random?

Back