Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,261 Posts

Default Re: SiriusXM exclusive Michael Jackson channel

Thanks for taking the time to write these summaries. That’s a lot of work and much appreciated.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    oh wow. i guess they deicide to let the channel stay up until 14th. could this means something? probably not but it pretty cool they letting it stay up for another few weeks.
    It was always going to be for a month. So a month will be up by the middle of August. It's nothing different to what was first advertised.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 986
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,775 Times in 1,744 Posts

Thank you for the summaries!

Gotta say, this might be the best thing the Estate has done in years. Simple, but so wonderful to see popular artists and producers come around to celebrate MJ’s art and (for the few that had the opportunity to work with him) share stories. Can’t wait to see what else they have planned for the next two weeks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    It was always going to be for a month. So a month will be up by the middle of August. It's nothing different to what was first advertised.
    They was advertising it like it only gonna be for a week. so either it was and they change their mind.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I wonder who they got next or something different. the 14th is 2 weeks away. i hope it's something or someone good. too bad i won't hear it.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Thank you for the summaries!

Gotta say, this might be the best thing the Estate has done in years. Simple, but so wonderful to see popular artists and producers come around to celebrate MJ’s art and (for the few that had the opportunity to work with him) share stories. Can’t wait to see what else they have planned for the next two weeks!
    I have to agree. Ever since becoming a fan I always thought a permanent MJ channel on Sirius XM would be cool, especially if it could broadcast from Neverland much like how the Elvis channel broadcasts from Graceland. The bit about broadcasting from Neverland may never happen, but if they could get a permanent channel and add a lot more content (the official remixes, more concerts, unreleased demos, hell maybe some fan remixes if they can work that out) I may consider subscribing to the service for the long-term.

As for upcoming stuff, Respect posted this on another forum:
    July 31/August 2: Wyclef
    August 4/6: Evan Ross
    August 7/9: Verdine White
    August 8/14: They’re playing the whole Bad at Wembley concert (this will be at 9pm)
    August 11/13: Ne-Yo
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    As for upcoming stuff, Respect posted this on another forum:
    July 31/August 2: Wyclef
    August 4/6: Evan Ross
    August 7/9: Verdine White
    August 8/14: They’re playing the whole Bad at Wembley concert (this will be at 9pm)
    August 11/13: Ne-Yo
    Aw what an great line up.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Love this Channel! I hope it stays! Going Places is playing right now.

When Xscape came out they had an MJ channel for a bit as well.

Billy Joel had a limited channel for a month and later on they made it a permanent channel. Keep on playing this channel in hopes it can stay!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Toby34 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I hope it stays. but we know how the estate are. if it stays like me and amaya agree. they need to add more things and songs to their line up. if they can do that then i'm all for this channel being permanent.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Evan Ross, Diana Ross's son, hosted this special.

• Interesting thing to point out: the commercials promoting this special had a remix version of In The Closet playing in the background. I think it's the Newark remix.
    • Evan is broadcasting from his art room. Says it's his safe place during this time, and has been using this time to be creative and listen to things that inspire him. Michael is at the top of that list, and many of these songs are special to him.
    • Dirty Diana – Michael touched on rock influence with this song, and that it has a special vibe. Evan thinks he was playing with the public with this song because people thought he was with Ross's mother and Princess Diana romantically so was able to take the name “Diana” and use it here.
    • Scream – Evan says this is his favorite music video ever. Loves the sister/brother vibe between Michael and Janet and that they did a project together, and the aggressive feel of this song. Says the first time he heard it, he was at his mom's home during Christmastime.
    • Earth Song – His favorite MJ song, and possibly his mother's favorite song too (!). Says this song is more relevant today and the video is one of the most amazing videos he's ever seen.
    • Black or White – Like Earth Song, this is about what is going on in the world today. An incredible song that is very relevant right now, and a fun one too. Says Michael could make people feel important no matter who they were.
    • In the Closet – Says this is another all-time favorite... actually all of these may be his all-time favorites because he's obsessed with all of them! Says he's friends with Naomi Campbell and loves how she looks in the video and how everything in the video was choreographed. Loves how Michael looks in this video too; says his hair was done by a hairdresser that also did his mom's hair (he said the guy's name but I instantly forgot it... Savik? Savic?).
    • Dangerous – This song is an example of MJ being gangsta, which is fun to watch! Evan remembers the performance of this at the 1995 MTV VMA's and how that performance was like watching a movie. Says Michael paints a clear picture for people to visualize with this song.
    • Just Good Friends – Evan feels like Michael and Stevie were having a good time recording this. It almost sounds like they're battling and feeding off of each other's energy but he doesn't know for sure what it was like for them recording the song (he must not have seen the Bad25 doc lol).
    • I Wanna Be Where You Are – An interesting story for this one: Evan says it was written by his uncle, Arthur “T-Boy” Ross (Diana Ross's younger brother), who he never really knew. His uncle wrote this while he was in jail, because he really wanted to be with his family (Evan says this was around the time Diana's career was taking off). The lyric “please don't close the door on our future” reminds him of young black men getting in trouble for things they didn't deserve during that era, and feels that a lot of this song's content is relevant to what's going on today.
    • Stranger in Moscow – Evan says the video for this is incredible with the slo-mo and the rain; says he'd never seen a video like that. He thinks Michael was trying to say things in this song that he never really explained, that there's a big feeling of loneliness with this song. He wishes someone would do another music video the way this song's video was done. (side note: I'm so happy someone played this on a special. About time!).
    • Heal the World – He picked this because he feels it's very relevant right now, because we need a lot of healing. Michael wanted more than anything to heal others. Brings up how Michael wasn't afraid to go visit hospitals with sick kids so he could help them and comfort them. That aspect of Michael has always stuck out to him.
    • No goodbye from Evan at the end. It immediately goes back into regular song rotation.

Not a bad playlist. Lots of Dangerous and HIStory love, and I'm so happy Stranger in Moscow finally got featured on one of these.
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

well finally another "new" song. glad to see evan also like just good friends because i love that song too. next up Verdine White. i can't wait to see what kind of playlist he has. i love earth, wind, and fire.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,261 Posts

Anyone listening? Is he talking about MJ’s “demons” again?

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I didn't find out about the Ephraim Sykes special until literally right before it started. Wonder what prompted this... Subtle promotion for the Broadway show? Needing to fulfill a contractual obligation with SiriusXM? Either way I listened to this with some skepticism (and annoyance... like I wasn't ready to do this tonight lol).

• Not related to the special, but the 2Bad Refugee Camp Remix played just before this... pretty nice to hear this as I don't think any of the other remixes from BOTDF have been played (unless I'm just forgetting). Hell I'm surprised Wyclef didn't play this when he hosted.
    • Skyes says it's always been his dream to play Michael on Broadway. Reminds everyone that previews for the musical will start in March 2021. He had to convert rooms in his home to a recording studio and dance space so he can continue to work on the show.
    • Never Can Say Goodbye – One of the first songs he heard. His mom would put this on while cleaning, and it reminds him of waking up in the morning and doing his chores. Loves the chord progression and praises Michael's voice.
    • I Wanna Be Where You Are – Praises Michael's vocal performance again, and says this also reminds him of his mother cleaning the house. Has a very spring/summer feel.
    • Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day – Ephraim says this song is one of the funkiest things he's ever heard. He points out how this was originally done by Stevie Wonder, his favorite singer of all time (yet playing Michael on Broadway had always been his dream? Hmm...).
    • You Can't Win – This was maybe his favorite scene from The Wiz. Loves how trippy the movie was and says Michael was a good actor. He was in a stage production of the Wiz and got to be the understudy for the Scarecrow role, and he watched the movie every night as preparation so he could study Michael's movements. Says the first night he performed the role was the day that Michael had passed, so it cut pretty deep. He praises Quincy Jones a bit before playing the song as well.
    • I Can't Help It – His favorite Michael song ever. Praises the whole OTW album for the funk and disco fusion and loves the sexy groove of this song.
    • Get on the Floor – Says he's going to play something funkier, and encourages listeners to dance to this song.
    • Another Part of Me – Loves the message of this song and says that message gets overlooked: that all humans are connected to each other. This is also song number seven, which is his favorite number.
    • Speed Demon – Talks about how visually stunning the video for this was to him, and loved the dance-ff with the bunny character (he says the bunny won dance-off, though, which I'm pretty sure is incorrect). Sykes says when this comes on in his car, he's at risk of getting a speeding ticket!
    • Liberian Girl – One of the sexiest songs he's ever heard, and it's special to him because Michael is singing about an African woman.
    • Earth Song – This has a special place in his heart, and hopes the listeners have a special place for it in theirs. Believes Michael was trying to leave a message with the world and thinks he succeeded. Sykes says this song is a call to action to fix the corruption in the world and to bring people together. Says the video (or short film as Michael would have called it) impacted him and was visually stunning.
    • Butterflies – Says this is a beautiful song and is actually a cover of a song by a duo called Flowetry, but Michael did this song even better.
    • Heaven Can Wait – A true, heartfelt romantic love song. Says the song has a profound message about someone wanting to stay on Earth to be with their loved one even if they were going to heaven. Sykes also thinks the musicality of this song was ahead of it's time, and says Michael working with Darkchild was a “crazy collaboration”.
    • Ephraim thanks everyone for listening and thinks his song choices portray what Michael wanted to say. He hopes the Broadway show illustrates what a humanitarian he was and portrays the complexities of his life in a beautiful way (…). He encourages everyone to see the musical and to stay safe with social distancing and wearing masks and gloves (he quickly points out how Michael did the same thing!).

A good playlist, lots of variety. No talk of demons, thankfully, but I'm a bit concerned about what he meant by the “complexities” they're going to address in the musical. Then again he says the complexities will be portrayed in a “beautiful” manner, so maybe it won't go too negative on him after all?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

i haven't heard speed demon or you can't win so those are "new" songs to me. i still have doubts about this musical. i just pray it will be good and at least try to leave out all of negative stuff in michael life and that era.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    i haven't heard speed demon or you can't win so those are "new" songs to me. i still have doubts about this musical. i just pray it will be good and at least try to leave out all of negative stuff in michael life and that era.
    I've heard both songs at least once during regular airplay, so not too new to me, but it was nice they were featured.

They seem to have expanded the "artists influenced by" song list too. Heard Lady Gaga (Poker Face and Just Dance), The Weeknd (D.D., a cover of Dirty Diana), 2Pac (Letter 2 My Unborn, which samples Liberian Girl), and Bruno Mars (Uptown Funk) on the channel.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post: