A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

kai

Premium Member
As discussed in other thread, we shouldn't give up on that.
We know they can do it. But WE need to show them how much people
are interested in it! We need as much Signings as we can...
not a few hundred.. i am talking about 100.000ish here!

Here is the petition. But lets not share the link yet.
Lets find the right text and videos etc.
We also should send it to the Estate AFTER it got a lot of signings.. not before.

I am happy to replace everything with your better ideas.
Just wanted to have a petition already created.

Let's GO!

#MJBadTourHDRelease
http://chng.it/R5rcmCBqtf

Last edited:
We need all the help and talent we can get, to raise our voice. This could be our best chance of seeing a Bad Tour in HD before we grow old.

I'm thinking of creating a short but powerful trailer with HD Moonwalker & Bad 25 film footage, and HQ Bad Tour 1989 L.A. footage in it. But as I'm not a native English speaker, I need help with the text and maybe other designs.

Edit: I don't think we should use that Bad L.A. "2K AI Upscale" video in the petition. First of all, it's not film, so it doesn't match with the petition title; secondly, I wouldn't use Topaz products on Bad Tour footage like this, because it's in worse quality than a normal method upscaling.

And shall we consider changing #ReleaseMJBadTourFilm to something like #MJBadTourHDRelease? Because if they claim that they don't have full or enough film footage for a complete release, this petition automatically fails; but if we only say HD, we might get a chance of having something like Bad Tour L.A. HQ DVD quality.

Last edited:
We need all the help and talent we can get, to raise our voice. This could be our best chance of seeing a Bad Tour in HD before we grow old.

I'm thinking of creating a short but powerful trailer with HD Moonwalker & Bad 25 film footage, and HQ Bad Tour 1989 L.A. footage in it. But as I'm not a native English speaker, I need help with the text and maybe other designs.

the video definitely should include the hashtag #ReleaseMJBadTourFilm
it shouldn't have too much text stuff. Maybe just like.

- Michael Jackson
- Bad World Tour 1988/89
- On Film / HD release (Blue Ray)
- Make A Change ? (maybe a different sentence?)
- Sign the Petition

My youtube channel has 13.000+ subs.. i could upload it there.. but if there's someone with more subs, its better to upload there. Many people should re-upload it.

I'm not very techy, but could this also go to Instagram?

If there is someone with a good amount of followers why not? You can upload videos to IG (IGTV).
Maybe Jonathan Moffet would help to spread it even though he was not involved in the tour.

I agree with HappyLeeHL, let's only use film footage for the trailer.

Here's what Bad Tour L.A. 1989 could at least looks like. I made these screenshots in 2018, sourced from The One DVD:

Bad89-LA-000319.jpg

Bad89-LA-000725.jpg

Bad89-LA-003358.jpg

My youtube channel has 13.000+ subs.. i could upload it there.. but if there's someone with more subs, its better to upload there. Many people should re-upload it.

I'd definitely upload the trailer on my YouTube channel as well. I'm thinking of creating a 4K HD encode.

Contacting someone like Alex Blanco or even Krista MJ would also be a good thing to do. Alex did a great job promoting Oslo back in November 2017.

I hope we get Bad Tour on Blu-Ray at some point. We shouldn't ask for any specific concert. I would be fine with any of them. I wonder if this thread should be on the News And Discussion section? More people would see it.

Contacting someone like Alex Blanco or even Krista MJ would also be a good thing to do. Alex did a great job promoting Oslo back in November 2017.

I will also ask Alex and Krista. Being in contact with both of them before.
But first the Petition should be finalised, then we will find promoters.

We shouldn't ask for a specific show but we should include the info what shows were shot on film.
That would be (if i am correct):

3 nights of Wembley, Liverpool, Paris ?

We shouldn't ask for a specific show but we should include the info what shows were shot on film.

Lyon as well ;)

Maybe we should add this link to the petition:

https://icolorist.com/2011/07/29/grading-michael-jackson/

Minneapolis could be on film too. The Bad jacket clips in Moonwalker are from that.

Don't know about Paris but I'd also include Minneapolis. I believe there is chance that they shot that show on film, I might be wrong though.

should we include that we don't mind soundboard/FOH mixes?

should we include that we don't mind soundboard/FOH mixes?

100%...othwerwise they're gonna be like:''We can't release it because we only have multitrack audio for July 15th and July 16th and these 2 shows weren't shot on film''.

Soooo... anyone here who can write a proper Description?
We need this:

- What is the petition about

- Letter to Estate & Sony:

Let's be careful with the "HD" term. 4K and 8K scans in HDR are the norm. That's possible with 35mm film which these concerts are shot at. The INXS concert which was released last month is 4K HDR. Let's aim for the highest quality available, spared no expense. If we are only asking for a HD release and the estate would give in they could skip the 4K HDR thing, which is not acceptable in 2020.

Let's be careful with the "HD" term. 4K and 8K scans in HDR are the norm. That's possible with 35mm film which these concerts are shot at. The INXS concert which was released last month is 4K HDR. Let's aim for the highest quality available, spared no expense. If we are only asking for a HD release and the estate would give in they could skip the 4K HDR thing, which is not acceptable in 2020.

And a cinema release for a limited time too.

Anyone remember the great looking forum signatures someone made for the Keep the Magic Wembley campaign? Maybe we should make something like that.

And a cinema release for a limited time too.
I don't think we should ask for a cinema release because we don't know what quality audio they have.

Not to drift away from the main topic here, but what if we create another petition for the Estate to release MJ's videography in 4K as well? I mean, we are in 2020, a lot of artists have gotten videos restored to 4K from original film on YT and MJs are still in LQ 480p.

Now, back to the topic: we must make it clear that we don't care about multitracks. It can be FOH soundboard as long as the video is sourced from film.

If they are so desperate for HQ audio they can separately release wembley 88 as standalone CD or another 88/89 show as live album in addition to the blue ray release.. its win win for us..

New York 88 or Los Angeles 89 were multitracked right?

If they are so desperate for HQ audio they can separately release wembley 88 as standalone CD or another 88/89 show as live album in addition to the blue ray release.. its win win for us..

New York 88 or Los Angeles 89 were multitracked right?
No, both soundboard. But I'd say they sound really nice, especially MSG.

No, both soundboard. But I'd say they sound really nice, especially MSG.

I've read somewhere that some of the back then involved people said that the soundtruck was used on a lot of shows including
New York and Los Angeles.

I've read somewhere that some of the back then involved people said that the soundtruck was used on a lot of shows including
New York and Los Angeles.
Never heard about this. As far as I know, NY is on a beta tape with soundboard quality audio (check Dirty Diana and TWYMMF from Bad 25 as references).

That TWYMMF in the doc is enough evidence to show it exists and is in pretty good shape.

just edited to text on the petition site.. please correct me.

Is GoFlying still active on this board? Maybe he can tell us more about which concerts were multitracked.

Back