Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

   
  1. #16
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Effect View Post
    MJJExpert, why didn't this "trustable source" impart anymore information to you about this "private show"? Like, if they hold valuable info about it, info that can prove or dispel this rumor, why not share it with you? I understand the "extra privacy" of this "private show", thus your source would have hesitation to share information about it, but then again, they have pretty much acknowledged its existence, nearly compromising the privacy of this " very private show" now that we know about it. That's where my doubt emerges. Also, why would Michael perform for the Sultan's son in the USA? I don't know the geographic location of Brunei, but I have never heard of such a city, country, or state being in the USA. Was his son vacationing in the USA? Was the whole family there? Why would they be there? Additionally, I will assume that photos should have been taken if it was recorded onto VHS, though why have none of these photos leaked, or even just a little clip of this show? Again, I know this was a "very private" show, but realize that this Michael Jackson we're talking about. At this point in 1999, Michael had almost no privacy from the media and the world (expressed in the song "Privacy" on the Invincible album, right?), so I think we would know much more about this "private show", no matter how much Michael tried to keep it a secret. I mean come on, New York is quite a colossal city, and if Michael Jackson pops up, people will flock, and later, may account that experience, none I have heard yet. Wasn't Michael also working on the Invincible album at this time?

    Many questions here, alongside my dubiety, about this whole "private show".
    Back in time, I've tried to ask more to my source, but he didn't give me any further details.
    He described me the show as an "intimate" performance, like something happened in a private mega-suite room in NY, for an audience of 30-40 people.
    Maybe all related to the Sultan and its private guests. That's why we have not get any photos or videos (but, for sure, my source has a VHS and, maybe, he's silent about this, trying to re-sell or exchange it...).
    Do not imagine it as a "show" with stage, lights, band, costumes etc... it's highly likely a performance with someone at the piano with Michael "sitting at the table for dinner, than standing up and humming a couple of his ballads". This is how it was described to me.

    I hope we, all together, can put all pieces into the puzzle

  2. #17
    Points: 5,757, Level: 49
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rocketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    705
    Points
    5,757
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    312
    Thanked 654 Times in 293 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    This sounds like no show I've ever heard of or watched. Does this source actually have it on tape? Makes me wonder who it is

  3. #18
    Points: 1,109, Level: 18
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Serious Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    318
    Points
    1,109
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 162 Times in 109 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MJJExpert View Post
    Back in time, I've tried to ask more to my source, but he didn't give me any further details.
    He described me the show as an "intimate" performance, like something happened in a private mega-suite room in NY, for an audience of 30-40 people.
    Maybe all related to the Sultan and its private guests. That's why we have not get any photos or videos (but, for sure, my source has a VHS and, maybe, he's silent about this, trying to re-sell or exchange it...).
    Do not imagine it as a "show" with stage, lights, band, costumes etc... it's highly likely a performance with someone at the piano with Michael "sitting at the table for dinner, than standing up and humming a couple of his ballads". This is how it was described to me.

    I hope we, all together, can put all pieces into the puzzle
    Ok, so at one point you were (or are) in contact with this source, who provided details that are somewhat understandable yet somewhat baffling and mysteriously has a tape of this event (they are re-selling it? so he purchased the tape initially?). Did you ever try to, you know, ask them more about this tape of interest? I am intrigued by the notion of someone having one of the rarest shows on tape, though not at least proving the existence of that show when they can. I know an (unwelcome) audience could flock to him or her once they learn of his or her possession of this rare show on tape and can vex him or her about it to the extent where he or she just vanishes unknowingly (hasn't something like this happened before), albeit the source could just share clips or images from the show itself before letting the tape go (that may piss people off, and rightfully, but at least they will know the show actually exists and the tape is legit).

    I just don't know about all of this.

  4. #19
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Effect View Post
    Ok, so at one point you were (or are) in contact with this source, who provided details that are somewhat understandable yet somewhat baffling and mysteriously has a tape of this event (they are re-selling it? so he purchased the tape initially?). Did you ever try to, you know, ask them more about this tape of interest? I am intrigued by the notion of someone having one of the rarest shows on tape, though not at least proving the existence of that show when they can. I know an (unwelcome) audience could flock to him or her once they learn of his or her possession of this rare show on tape and can vex him or her about it to the extent where he or she just vanishes unknowingly (hasn't something like this happened before), albeit the source could just share clips or images from the show itself before letting the tape go (that may piss people off, and rightfully, but at least they will know the show actually exists and the tape is legit).

    I just don't know about all of this.
    You are right, but this is all what I have get from him throughout the years. I can't ask more, simply because he won't give me further details (and I've already tried, many times...).
    I assume he's keeping this ultra rare item very private (I've see A LOT of unreleased things at his home, but not this item)
    in order to exchange/sell it at the right time. I don't know.
    Someone should contact Shadowgames and ask him from where did he heard about 3rd Brunei.
    As I know, my source and Shadowgames (who are not the same person and never get in touch in the years) are the only 2 person who ever talked about this show until today.

  5. #20
    Points: 17,612, Level: 84
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,581
    Points
    17,612
    Level
    84
    Thanks
    4,739
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,196 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Effect View Post
    According to MJJExpert, mentioned in the first paragraph of their post, this "private show" was held not for the Sultan of Brunei, as were the two in 1996, but for his son, in New York, which is a country in the USA, in 1999. But yeah, I am doubtful.
    New York is a STATE in the USA...and a city. Not a country. mj_frenzy said the Sultan's son, not the Sultan, so I'm not sure why you're correcting his post???

  6. #21
    Points: 1,109, Level: 18
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Serious Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    318
    Points
    1,109
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 162 Times in 109 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    New York is a STATE in the USA...and a city. Not a country. mj_frenzy said the Sultan's son, not the Sultan, so I'm not sure why you're correcting his post???
    Yeah you're right, New York is a city-state. Thanks for the correction.

    As for the second point, I "corrected" MJJExpert (not mj_frenzy) because the title of this thread reads: "Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei" rather than mentioning that it was held for the son. But that is then mentioned in MJJExpert's post that started this thread, and furthermore, they have also mentioned in a post later on that the audience may have consisted of more than just him, so I don't know, I'm perplexed still.

  7. #22
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    I just noticed that....

    Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah[1] (born February 17, 1974) is the eldest son of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and his wife Queen Saleha binti Mohammad Alam. He is the Crown Prince of Brunei Darussalam and is first in the line of succession to the Bruneian throne.

    On 1999, he was 25. A big event to be celebrated by the King of Pop? Someone knows where Michael was on 17the February 1999?

    Michael attended to a "Brunei family" birthday some years after (see image below)...


  8. #23
    Points: 4,507, Level: 42
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    504
    Points
    4,507
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 607 Times in 260 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MJJExpert View Post
    Someone knows where Michael was on 17the February 1999?[/U]
    He was at Neverland on February 13th 1999...I’m not sure where he was on the 17th though.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:


  10. #24
    Points: 8,580, Level: 62
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,689
    Points
    8,580
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    2,210
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    He was at Neverland on February 13th 1999...I’m not sure where he was on the 17th though.

    LOL, what a mess.
    Cute.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  11. #25
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    I just found a clue!

    https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style...perform-sultan

    "The two weeks of festivities featured a host of events across the country, including a special polo match, the famous Michael Jackson concert – free for all attendees – and a sumptuous dinner party where 3,000 of the sultan’s most distinguished guests enjoyed free-flowing champagne and caviar and were entertained at a smaller, private concert by the King of Pop himself."

    So probably, that's the "private" show I was told to.
    Maybe it's stored in the Brunei's family vault...

  12. #26
    Points: 1,585, Level: 22
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    88
    Points
    1,585
    Level
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MJJExpert View Post
    I just found a clue!

    https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style...perform-sultan

    "The two weeks of festivities featured a host of events across the country, including a special polo match, the famous Michael Jackson concert – free for all attendees – and a sumptuous dinner party where 3,000 of the sultan’s most distinguished guests enjoyed free-flowing champagne and caviar and were entertained at a smaller, private concert by the King of Pop himself."

    So probably, that's the "private" show I was told to.
    Maybe it's stored in the Brunei's family vault...
    This is just talking about the 1996 show.

  13. #27
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson112 View Post
    This is just talking about the 1996 show.
    Not correct, they are referring to a 2nd "concert", held during the private dinner after the Royal Concert (16th July 1996).
    So this could be the "3rd" Brunei show, yet to be leaked and rumored years ago from my source.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MJJExpert For This Useful Post:


  15. #28
    Points: 5,757, Level: 49
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rocketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    705
    Points
    5,757
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    312
    Thanked 654 Times in 293 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    ^ I guess this private show may have happened after all. Was it really filmed though? If it was private, I doubt there would be cameras in the room

  16. #29
    Points: 7,343, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69
    Points
    7,343
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Jackson's 3rd show for Sultan of Brunei (New York, mid 1999)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    ^ I guess this private show may have happened after all. Was it really filmed though? If it was private, I doubt there would be cameras in the room
    In my opinion, all was filmed by Sultan's crew.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •