The MJJcommunity's ultimate top 5 MJ tracks?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
I'm not sure if there is appetite for this and as usual it's probably done before. But there are always new members and with new members come different tastes so I'm going ahead with this.

I want all who wants to play to share their TOP 5 MJ tracks of all time (so your very favorites). All tracks where Michael sings lead or duet is eligible for the list (so also group efforts). When let's say 100 people shared their personal top 5 favorite songs I will go ahead and do the counting like this:
Nr 1 gets 5 points
Nr 2 gets 4 points
Nr 3 gets 3 points
Nr 4 gets 2 points
Nr 5 gets 1 point

I will add it all up and share the results when I'm done. So I'm going for 100 players, if this takes to long I will make a different decision but I'll give it some time, depending on how many people play along. 5 songs shouldn't be too hard (or on the contrary extra hard for you to pick just 5!) and it makes it easier for me to add up the tallies in the end.

Here's my top 5

1. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
2. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
3. Who Is It
4. Billie Jean
5. Working Day And Night

PS you can edit as long as the game is on ;-)

My favourite songs change every few years :blush: but this years top 5 would be:

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Baby be Mine
3. Stranger in Moscow
4. Who is It
5. Will you be There

1. Billie Jean
2. Beat It
3. They Don’t Care About Us
4. Earth Song
5. Blood on the Dance Floor

1 Heal The World
2 Stranger In Moscow
3 The Lost Children
4 In Our Small Way
5 Who's Lovin' You

I don't know why we are always asked about our favorites and not which ones we think are the best, it's easier lol. Favorites change all the time just because of what you listen to at the moment and right now I mostly listen to the Invincible album and other songs like On The Line, Fall again, We've had enough. On the line and Don't walk away are my favorites right now... I'll try to be fair and choose my ALL TIME favorites as you ask. A little bit of bests and those I like the most.

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Who's Lovin' You
3. Off The Wall
4. You Rock My World
5. This Place Hotel

It's so hard... Had to take Billie Jean from the second place in favor of Who's lovin' you. I wanted to add Shake your body (down to the ground) but I love This place hotel even more. Is it allowed to at least say the songs we left out and could have made the list ? Cause there's a bunch of them....The Love You Save, Wanna be startin' somethin, Billie Jean, I'll be there (I hesitated between it and Who's lovin' you), Who is it, Heal the world, Man in The mirror.

Smooth Criminal I love it so much, it's also the song that directly makes you see his genius. The danse, the song, it's perfect. After Billie Jean it's his best to me.

Who's Lovin' You is the most magnificent, amazing and unbelievable song I've ever heard in my life. His vocals are crazy for that young age. It blows my mind and it's so emotional. As emotional as I'll be there (that one is so beautiful, very moving and this part "and if you ever find someone new, I know he better be good to you" always gets me).

Off The Wall I was obsessed with this song. I can't even explain it, it's so magnatic and it just makes wanna dance, so positive, so funky. I love it. Off the wall is really one of my all time favorite for sure! That will never change.

You Rock My World I'm really attached to this song and just like Off the wall, it's easily on my list. I prefer You Rock My World over The way you make me feel.

This Place Hotel I love it because of the Victory Tour. It's as amazing as Shake your body (down to the ground).

1. startin' somethin' (single version)
2. beat it
3. billie jean
4. human nature (single version)
5. off the wall (single version)

1. “Man In The Mirror”
2. “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’”
3. “Bad”
4. “Billie Jean”
5. “Black Or White”

A bit more on the uncommon (not mainstream) side...

1. Another Part Of Me (Not that uncommon, but still my all-time favorite jam)
2. Throwing Your Life Away
3. I'm So Blue
4. Give In To Me
5. This Time Around

1. Man in The Mirror
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Heal The World
4. Billie Jean
5. Rock With You

1. Billie Jean
2. Smooth Criminal
3. Someone Put Your Hand Out (Dangerous Version)
4. For All Time (Underrated track imo)
5. In The Back (Amazing-sounding demo)

Bonus Top 5, just because, might not count:
1. Man In The Mirror
3. She Drives Me Wild
4. Can't Let Her Get Away
5. Unbreakable (Another underrated track)

This is just about our personal favourites to listen to? Or what we consider his most accomplished pieces?

For example, as much as I love Billie Jean and appreciate it on a multitude of levels, and recognise it as one of his absolute greatest musical achievements, I'm not sure it would be on my top 5 most favourite to listen to songs.

1. Man in the Mirror
3. Stranger in Moscow
4. Smooth Criminal
5. Give In To Me

Show You The Way To Go (The Jacksons)
I Can't Help It
The Man (with Paul McCartney)
To Know (Jackson 5)
All Night Dancin' (The Jacksons)

This is just about our personal favourites to listen to? Or what we consider his most accomplished pieces?

For example, as much as I love Billie Jean and appreciate it on a multitude of levels, and recognise it as one of his absolute greatest musical achievements, I'm not sure it would be on my top 5 most favourite to listen to songs.

We all recognize Billie Jean as a landmark legendary achievement in music history but I want specifically your own personal favorite, the songs you listen to the most, that you enjoy the most.

BUMP

In the last 24 hours 230 members logged in.
Only 13 people managed to reply in about 48 hours.... poor return!

Is it really too much to ask to spend 5 minutes thinking about your 5 personal fave tracks and post them? ;-)

1) Man In The Mirror
2) Black or White
3) For All Time
4) It’s The Falling In Love - Such an underrated gem.
5) Wanna Be Startin Somethin

The list is based on my most played MJ songs over the last year.

BUMP

Is it really too much to ask to spend 5 minutes thinking about your 5 personal fave tracks and post them? ;-)

Yes it is. Because not that many members are active on here. It's only a handful compared to how many actually log on

JichaelMackson;4298331 said:
BUMP

Don’t guilt-trip me for not being interested in this kind of thing. :D

Well there's already several threads similar to this already. Maybe the number asked is different like top 10 or top 25 songs, but it's still the same thing.

JichaelMackson;4298360 said:
it clearly didn't work anyway :girl_tantrum:

Nope. Gotta try harder next time. :laughing:

Seriously though, I just can’t name favorites. It changes all the time, and sometimes I suddenly become obsessed with a song I haven’t listened to in weeks and listen to it 10 times in a row. So it’s not that I’m too lazy to post a list, I just can’t. :D

ScreenOrigami;4298361 said:
Nope. Gotta try harder next time. :laughing:

Seriously though, I just can’t name favorites. It changes all the time, and sometimes I suddenly become obsessed with a song I haven’t listened to in weeks and listen to it 10 times in a row. So it’s not that I’m too lazy to post a list, I just can’t. :D

I understand I have my periodic favorites as well in the beginning of the year I listened for weeks to the J5 track "we're here to entertain you".
but there's always a bunch of songs that I always return too, those songs I can always listen to whatever the mood I'm in.
Anyway It doesn't matter. If I get up to 30 votes I'll consider it a success and do the counting anyway. 100 was way too optimistic :p

1. Streetwalker
2. Family Thing (Even as a LQ leak, still sounds awesome to me)
3. Fly Away
4. The Lady in My Life
5. Remember the Time

Wow this was tougher than I thought.

1. Man In The Mirror
2. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
3. Dirty Diana
4. Liberian Girl
5. Give In To Me

Wow this was tough

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Liberian Girl
3. Who Is It
4. Stranger In Moscow
5. Will You Be There

1. Smooth Criminal
2.Remember the Time
3.Beat It
4.You Rock My World

i can't give 5 because i only have 4 songs i like for the past years. but i do have some new recent songs i like now. but for years. these are the songs i like.

Not sure I could do five, but Blood on the Dance Floor is at number one.

1. Man in the Mirror
2. Stranger in Moscow
3. Human Nature
4. Smooth Criminal
5. Get On The Floor

Back