Which tour had the best Billie Jean performance?

Which tour had the best Billie Jean performance?

• Victory Tour

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bad Tour 87

• Bad Tour 88

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Dangerous Tour

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Royal Brunei

• HIStory Tour

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Which tour had the best Billie Jean performance? Its hard to choose between Bad Tour and Dangerour Tour. It sounded better on BWT but DWT had better dance moves. HIStory Tour version wasn't very good because of the playback. I voted Bad Tour 88.

I'll say the one in the Royal Brunei show just because of its uniqueness. Sure, there is something unique with the performances from all tours (Victory Tour = Jacksons' backing vocals and circle moonwalk, Bad Tour = Best vocals and circle moonwalk [for 87 leg], Dangerous Tour = Combination of live vocals and dancing + instrumentation was good, and HIStory Tour = Best dancing), but the one in Brunei combined the long introduction of the Bad Tour (it might resemble the Dangerous Tour a bit, but resembles the Bad Tour just a little more), the live vocals of the Dangerous Tour (and earlier, and I don't denote a resemblance in sound or quality, but in the concept of full live singing), and the slower tempo of the HIStory Tour en masse. The vocals may not be the best, but I somehow managed to overlook it when I thought about how unique it is. Plus, the angles were different than what I'm used to watching.

That show is just unique overall.

The entire Billie Jean DANCE performance was absolute perfection on the HIStory World Tour.....certain concerts in particular, IMO....like Helsinki, for example.

Victory tour for me. It is fast and fluent and powerful plus the circle glide is spectacular, I'm not into most of the moves during BJ in later tours

There's just something so appealing to me about the Dangerous Tour performances, I don't really know what it is

Dangerous Tour for me. By the time he got to that tour he'd really perfected the performance (Not that it wasn't great before) and it was still being sung live.

Last edited:
Dangerous Tour, in particular the one from Munich concert. I really love that performance.

p.s The Dangerous tour rehearsal performance of Billie Jean is my favourite, in terms of vocals at least. He sounds exactly like how he does on the record.

Last edited:
The entire Billie Jean DANCE performance was absolute perfection on the HIStory World Tour.....certain concerts in particular, IMO....like Helsinki, for example.

I agree with this. HIStory tour all the way

Back