The Prelude of the "Can You Feel It" Video

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
It was composed by Michael. Perhaps this was part of the classical compositions he was doing in the late 70s which Janet Jackson talked about some years ago?

It's a very evocative short piece, filled with magic and wonder I really like it and it is exactly what I thought classical music or perhaps more aptly named soundtrack music by MJ would sound like.

There is the classical piece he was composing before he died in 2009, there is the piece Janet talked about of the late 70s. This means there is a large gap between let's say 1978 and 2009, his interest in film music and classical music must have resulted into more creative work we don't know about.

Re: the prelude of the can you feel it video

I struggle to keep an interest in this sort of thing due to the Cascio tracks. It's really ruined this sort of thing. The Estate still maintain Cascio is real so they cannot be trusted to authenticate.

I'd need some really strong evidence in support that they were genuine Michael Jackson compositions.

I struggle to keep an interest in this sort of thing due to the Cascio tracks. It's really ruined this sort of thing. The Estate still maintain Cascio is real so they cannot be trusted to authenticate.

I'd need some really strong evidence in support that they were genuine Michael Jackson compositions.

It says so during the credits at minute 8.50 prelude composed by MJ arranged by Tom Tom 84

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if I'm speaking a different language.

I think the prelude along with the closing of 'heartbreak hotel', give glimpses of his potential as a classical composer at that time.

I think the prelude along with the closing of 'heartbreak hotel', give glimpses of his potential as a classical composer at that time.

True. Also remember that he wrote little susie in 78-79. That would also be a good indication of his potential as a classical composer at that time.

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if I'm speaking a different language.

Well, I am struggling to understand what your previous post means, in relation to what Jichael Mackson posted.
Cascio songs and their authenticity don't have anything at all to do with the classical prelude to "Can You Feel It".
If you're not interested in MJ as a classical composer, that's fine, but other people are and would like to talk about it.

True. Also remember that he wrote little susie in 78-79. That would also be a good indication of his potential as a classical composer at that time.

YES! This is a good point. I really wish Michael's classical album had come to fruition. It would be wonderful to hear what he would create. Honestly, the instrumentation of many of his "big" songs gives us a glimpse at his potential in this area. I'm thinking of songs like "Is It Scary", "Keep the Faith" and "Will You Be There".

Back