Are there any accounts on what the will.i.am sessions sound like

Dilan

Proud Member
There have been a few users over the years that have given us insights into what post-trial tracks sound like but I seem to recall never any descriptions of what the will.i.am sessions other than there stages of completion or that one is a James brown tribute. Do we have any details on what these songs sound like eg from insiders or the voice contestants?

All that's known is:

- "The Future" is an uptempo, Latin-infused track that addresses environmental issues.
- "Miss You" is a mid-tempo ode to James Brown.
- "I'm Dreamin'" was almost released in 2013 on will.i.am's album, but the Estate blocked it.
- At least two songs are finished.

I know that's not much, but pretty much everyone involved with these sessions have been incredibly tight lipped. I don't think anyone outside of the will.i.am and Estate circle has heard them.

Will.i.am has stayed a few times that he has no intentions to release any songs which is a shame especially if some were completed.
All that's known is:

- "The Future" is an uptempo, Latin-infused track that addresses environmental issues.
- "Miss You" is a mid-tempo ode to James Brown.
- "I'm Dreamin'" was almost released in 2013 on will.i.am's album, but the Estate blocked it.
- At least two songs are finished.

I know that's not much, but pretty much everyone involved with these sessions have been incredibly tight lipped. I don't think anyone outside of the will.i.am and Estate circle has heard them.

I heard him say something like he only release them if he gets a blessing from Michael's mother or something.

He's a world-class hypocrite. He trashed the Estate for releasing Michael's unheard music without his blessing and said as recently as 2018-19 that he would never release their collaborations -- even though he attempted to do so on his own album in 2013, and once said that he would only put the tracks out if his mother personally asked him to do so.

The songs that Michael Jackson worked on with will.i.am were mostly dance songs.

There were reliable accounts from 2006 that described (in music magazines, reports, etc) that upcoming album as a mostly dance album filled with positive, energetic tracks.

But Michael Jackson during that period started to realize that those songs were not strong enough and that they also lacked a big commercial potential, so he was gradually becoming disinterested with them until he eventually abandoned that whole project.

Even if these will.i.am’s unreleased songs leak or get a release in the future, Michael Jackson’s fans are not going to be thrilled by them.

mj_frenzy;4299369 said:
The songs that Michael Jackson worked on with will.i.am were mostly dance songs.

There were reliable accounts from 2006 that described (in music magazines, reports, etc) that upcoming album as a mostly dance album filled with positive, energetic tracks.

But Michael Jackson during that period started to realize that those songs were not strong enough and that they also lacked a big commercial potential, so he was gradually becoming disinterested with them until he eventually abandoned that whole project.

Even if these will.i.am’s unreleased songs leak or get a release in the future, Michael Jackson’s fans are not going to be thrilled by them.
mj_frenzy is a psychic...? :)

MJ fans have been thrilled by demo leaks where MJ is simply mumbling over the whole song.

I am sure we'll go bat crazy once we hear these songs. But not all of us might be alive once that time comes, of course.

IIRC I think the songs with Will-i-am was going to sound like a modern day Off The Wall.

IIRC I think the songs with Will-i-am was going to sound like a modern day Off The Wall.

I remember hearing this somewhere too. I'm sure it was Will I Am said Mike was "done" with angry songs and wanted to do more of a modern Off The Wall sound

Off the Wall has a timeless sound so this would have been great to hear. I'd like to hear future unreleased tracks get this type of sound. "Love Never Felt So Good" was a good example.
I remember hearing this somewhere too. I'm sure it was Will I Am said Mike was "done" with angry songs and wanted to do more of a modern Off The Wall sound

This been talk about before. but some fans don't like the fact how his original songs was remixed like Xscape for example. in my opinion i like it the remixes.

I wouldn’t have too much faith in these songs. MJ lyrics maybe but Will makes some trash beats. He has be irrelevant for years. He had a few good songs with the BEP but all his solo stuff is garbage. The songs on Thriller 25 are some off the worst stuff MJ ever released. They problem with Will is he is outdated only uses computerized music not real instruments.

Back