Questlove's AllJacksonEverything Series

YoDogs102

Proud Member
Hi everyone! A couple of weeks ago, Questlove - famous DJ and drummer for the band The Roots - hosted a series of DJ sessions for all music from the Jackson family. :blush:

He had several days and different themes for some of the days (like the first day is Samples and Covers while the last day is Videos from TV shows like SoulTrain) so there's more than enough content to enjoy for some time! He also has little tidbits about songs now and then and uses a lot of unreleased or demos in the mixes so it's really fun to listen to. :listeningtomusic

Additionally, check out the fundraisers he's been hosting as a part of the sessions.

Questlove Wreckastow - The Jacksons Night 4 This one was kicked off of Youtube so here's the Mixcloud link!

Thank you for this!!!! I'm listening to Part 1 now and I'm loving it!

I enjoyed hearing the demo for 'everybody' :) it doesn't sound that different from the final version. there's a loose, raw feeling about it. some of Michael's studio chatter even made it onto the official mix. definitely should have been a single.

my favourite episode of this series was the soul train one. didn't know that the jacksons performed 'shake your body' on there. or that it was almost identical to the American bandstand appearance, complete with security guard and stage invasion.

questlove is definitely a jacksons enthusiast. I wonder where he gets unreleased material from?

Back