Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in 1999

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default Re: movie roles

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    So you can buy John Wayne playing Genghis Khan (who was a real person) in The Conqueror?
    I hope I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings here, but that’s not particularly good acting. At least not in the sense that it lets you forget that you’re watching an actor pretending to be someone else.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,109 Posts

Default E. A. P.

^^The drug part is not really important, whether it's true or not. Poe marrying his teen cousin is true and that part that would be used by anti-Mike people if such a movie had existed. Poe's wife cannot be ignored if it's a biopic. It's like people talking about R. Kelly writing the song Age Ain't Nothing But A Number for Aaliyah's 1st album.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default Re: E. A. P.

^^The drug part is not really important, whether it's true or not. Poe marrying his teen cousin is true and that part that would be used by anti-Mike people if such a movie had existed.
    The anti-MJ brigade would use anything against him anyway. Remember, he never did anything? So they made stuff up to use against him. Besides, it wouldn’t fit the “boys” narrative.

Movies are movies. If you start using a movie character’s actions against the actor, that’s going to be interesting.

And as far as I know – correct me if I’m wrong – Poe’s marriage was legal at the time.

You’re also moving the goal post in your argument. A couple of posts earlier in the thread you did mention the drug story as a problem.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 975 Posts

Default Re: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in

It really doesn't matter if it was boys or girls. at the end of the day people will see him marrying a underage kid. michael had friends who was boys and girls.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: E. A. P.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    The anti-MJ brigade would use anything against him anyway. Remember, he never did anything? So they made stuff up to use against him. Besides, it wouldn’t fit the “boys” narrative.

Movies are movies. If you start using a movie character’s actions against the actor, that’s going to be interesting.

And as far as I know – correct me if I’m wrong – Poe’s marriage was legal at the time.

You’re also moving the goal post in your argument. A couple of posts earlier in the thread you did mention the drug story as a problem.
    I only mentioned it because Mike said he was concerned about being seen as homosexual in A Chorus Line. I didn't say it was important. So if Mike was worried about his image for A Chorus Line, then Poe seems like an odd choice to me, even if Poe was black. It can also imply that being seen as a drug addict is better than being seen as a homosexual. It doesn't matter if was the marriage was legal then. Today's cancel culture generation often judge stuff from the past with current ideas.

If Burt Reynolds played Poe, the media or the general public are unlikely to make any comment about Burt or linking it to his personal life. Burt has not had similar accusations or constant media coverage about it. It's likely they would if Woody Allen played the role.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in

Michael was a JW and a heterosexual man. even if did he did that play one how would that work if he was heterosexual and two it wouldn't be a good idea because of his faith. also this Poe thing role when was it suppose to taken place because michael was on drugs for his head and sleeping. so even if michael played Poe he would look like a drug addict depends what year it was.

so i agree with all duranduran comments here. some actors should be able to choose what role they want to play. they shouldn't be force and be respectful.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Michael was a JW and a heterosexual man. even if did he did that play one how would that work if he was heterosexual and two it wouldn't be a good idea because of his faith.
    Straight actors & actresses play homosexuals all the time and vice versa. He didn't say anything about turning down the role because of the JWs in the comment he made.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Straight actors & actresses play homosexuals all the time and vice versa. He didn't say anything about turning down the role because of the JWs in the comment he made.
    Oh wow. i didn't know that. and you're sure? because that what people keep saying. if michael didn't turn down the role because he was a JW then why he turn it down then? i can't think of any other reason why? so i'm confuse.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Do anyone know when the edgar allan poe role was mention?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default 1979

Oh wow. i didn't know that. and you're sure? because that what people keep saying. if michael didn't turn down the role because he was a JW then why he turn it down then? i can't think of any other reason why? so i'm confuse.
    Michael Jackson Over His Doubts About ‘Chorus Line’ Female Impersonator Role
    by
    Marilyn Beck June 18, 1979

Those musical stars, The Jacksons, head to the recording studios next month to cut an LP, “which will be much better, much more creative than ‘Destiny,‘” says Michael Jackson. “We’ve learned a lot since we made that.”

Michael doesn’t want to put the rap on the “Destiny” disc – which has already turned platinum. But he explains, “We didn’t have a chance to be as creative on it as we would have liked. We were rushed. We were pressured. It was the first album we wrote – and we had to prove to the Epic people we could write, had to rehearse all the songs for them. Now the pressure is off. We don’t have to prove anything anymore.”

Michael also has a solo album coming out this month which was produced by Quincy Jones and features three original songs by Jackson, plus tunes especially penned for him by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

And he’s set to star in the film translation of “A Chorus Line” – playing the dancer who got his start as a female impersonator.

The last time we chatted, he said he wasn’t sure if he would accept the role, explaining with candor, “If I do it, people will link me with the part. Because of my voice, some people already think I’m that way – homo. Though I’m actually not at all.”

Now he reports his reservations about the portrayal have been swept away.

Says the Jackson brother who made his acting debut in “The Wiz,” “I saw ‘Chorus Line’ again with director Sidney Lumet (who’ll be helming the Universal film) and I love the part. It’s dramatic, emotional – and if you have any feelings at all, it has to touch you.”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: 1979

Michael Jackson Over His Doubts About ‘Chorus Line’ Female Impersonator Role
    by
    Marilyn Beck June 18, 1979

Those musical stars, The Jacksons, head to the recording studios next month to cut an LP, “which will be much better, much more creative than ‘Destiny,‘” says Michael Jackson. “We’ve learned a lot since we made that.”

Michael doesn’t want to put the rap on the “Destiny” disc – which has already turned platinum. But he explains, “We didn’t have a chance to be as creative on it as we would have liked. We were rushed. We were pressured. It was the first album we wrote – and we had to prove to the Epic people we could write, had to rehearse all the songs for them. Now the pressure is off. We don’t have to prove anything anymore.”

Michael also has a solo album coming out this month which was produced by Quincy Jones and features three original songs by Jackson, plus tunes especially penned for him by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

And he’s set to star in the film translation of “A Chorus Line” – playing the dancer who got his start as a female impersonator.

The last time we chatted, he said he wasn’t sure if he would accept the role, explaining with candor, “If I do it, people will link me with the part. Because of my voice, some people already think I’m that way – homo. Though I’m actually not at all.”

Now he reports his reservations about the portrayal have been swept away.

Says the Jackson brother who made his acting debut in “The Wiz,” “I saw ‘Chorus Line’ again with director Sidney Lumet (who’ll be helming the Universal film) and I love the part. It’s dramatic, emotional – and if you have any feelings at all, it has to touch you.”
    oh okay. now i understand.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Jet Magazine (June 6, 1974)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Jet Magazine (June 6, 1974)

Oh wow. i never knew people play roles that didn't define their personality etc. i guess i'm late on this. thanks.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 833 Posts

thank gawd this never happened.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AtlasAir For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 833 Posts

because he didn't want to do it? Its not that deep.