Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in 1999

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 939 Posts

Default Re: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasAir View Post
    because he didn't want to do it? Its not that deep.
    greez calm down dude i was only asking a question. if he didn't want to do it he had a right not to do it.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Article: Michael Jackson wanted the role of Professor Xavier in X-Men and met with producers in

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    I only mentioned it because Mike said he was concerned about being seen as homosexual in A Chorus Line.
    Straight actors & actresses play homosexuals all the time and vice versa. He didn't say anything about turning down the role because of the JWs in the comment he made.
    Michael Jackson was being raised in a family where homosexuality was considered sinful and reprehensible.

If he played that homosexual role from the ‘A Chorus Line’ film, he knew that this would exasperate his family and especially the patriarch of the Jackson family Joe Jackson.

Also, the fact that Michael Jackson used to strictly adhere to the Jehovah's Witnesses’ beliefs at that time, this apparently also made him turn down that particular homosexual role of that film (even though he did not publicly address that when he was asked about the reasons for turning down that role during that period).

That is because Michael Jackson was fully aware that this particular religion condemned homosexual image, behaviour and lifestyle of their members, and he feared that leaders from that religion would ostracize him if he played that homosexual role of that film.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,482 Posts

Straight actors & actresses play homosexuals all the time and vice versa. He didn't say anything about turning down the role because of the JWs in the comment he made.
    No, he didn’t. All I said was that his being a JW might have complicated the situation for him, especially out of respect for his mother. People don’t usually lay their entire train of thought open in interviews. Katherine once said in a TV interview: “He’s not homosexual. It’s against his religion.” And he left the JW because he felt it limited what he could do in his art. I can find the sources later, if anyone has doubts.

I find it interesting to see how strong the opinions on this forum are about MJ’s acting plans (or rumors thereof). He did an amazing job in The Wiz when he was 19–20 years young, without any formal acting training. He did an amazing job in all of his short films. And I’m sure whatever film and role he would have chosen to do would have turned out great as well because he would have worked hard to get it right.

Personally, I would have loved to see all these films, except maybe for that slavery movie, but that’s mostly because I don’t see much acting talent in his brothers at the time. As far as I recall, those movie plans came up after their first Africa tour where they had visited all those historical places, the slave trade market etc. That must have left a very strong impression on the family, to connect so deeply with their peoples’ history. They talked about the experience a lot in interviews.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

The post DuranDuran just post said it was because he didn't want people to see him as a homosexual. there was rumor that made him not wanna do the role. if michael didn't want to the role he didn't have to. that was his right whatever he didn't want to do it or he was a JW. anyway, i'm gonna end this topic because we all have our own beliefs and opinions.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I haven't seen the whole movie the wiz but i have seen clips. i said once i get a chance i'm gonna watch the whole movie and review it. my mom saw it alot of times. she loves it. one of her favorite movies.

we all have our opinions. but me and mother both agree that michael was a great actor. he should of acted more. he could of even been a voice actor. he was always busy so he would of never really be able to acted if he want it to due to his music, tours, having a life, etc.

i wish he did. by the way the wiz was trending on twitter a few days ago and i saw alot of good reviews and comments.

so i guess that's saying people likes this movie.

it's really sad this movie didn't get all the promotion it need it back in the 70's. it's kind of funny and good how it gets much appreciated today.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 05-08-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    I haven't seen the whole movie the wiz but i have seen clips. i said once i get a chance i'm gonna watch the whole movie and review it. my mom saw it alot of times. she loves it. one of her favorite movies.

we all have our opinions. but me and mother both agree that michael was a great actor. he should of acted more. he could of even been a voice actor. he was always busy so he would of never really be able to acted if he want it to due to his music, tours, having a life, etc.

i wish he did. by the way the wiz was trending on twitter a few days ago and i saw alot of good reviews and comments.

so i guess that's saying people likes this movie.

it's really sad this movie didn't get all the promotion it need it back in the 70's. it's kind of funny and good how it gets much appreciated today.
    I remember reading that Michael wanted to do some movies in the interim time between Thriller and Bad but the Victory project got in the way that.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,482 Posts

The Wiz is really cool. I have the DVD, but I read on Twitter that it’s available on many streaming platforms by now. I think you can even rent it on YouTube. It’s especially fun to watch knowing that MJ had such a great time making it, living in New York and all that. Many scenes of the movie are shot on famous locations in New York. It’s really something special.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I remember reading that Michael wanted to do some movies in the interim time between Thriller and Bad but the Victory project got in the way that.
    yes i heard that alot. i think peter pan and edward scissorhands. he played captain eo around 86'.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I think the scarecrow in the wiz was a great role for michael. not to mention he was young and carefree during this era. he seems more happier.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

yes i heard that alot. i think peter pan and edward scissorhands. he played captain eo around 86'.
    looking back at this post. i think Michael as edward scissorhands would had been an great role for him. it's glad to know he also loved it the movie. he owned a pair of the scissorhands.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 522 Posts

Seems that his strong desire to immortalize himself on the big screen is one of the things that got him into deep trouble in the early 90s.

This blog has some very interesting articles on all of that. Including insights about why Michael changed all of his management at that time, why the Peter Pan movie and others never happened, why David Geffen might have played and might still play a role in destroying Michaels reputation etc.
    https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/ca...chael-jackson/

It's several articles - all a bit excessively long, but worth the read.
    I recommend reading all in that "Project M" category list starting with the oldest.

No 100% proof for anything of course, but it digs up some evidence, connects dots and paints a picture that makes sense.
    Last edited by Electro; 06-08-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

looking back at this post. i think Michael as edward scissorhands would had been an great role for him. it's glad to know he also loved it the movie. he owned a pair of the scissorhands.
    Given what happens to Edward in that movie and what happened to Michael in real life, that movie would have been eerily prophetic. >.>
    "Let's not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    Given what happens to Edward in that movie and what happened to Michael in real life, that movie would have been eerily prophetic. >.>
    you're right. but that was years before the lies came out. not to mention in the leave me alone short film the newspaper says michael frozen for 50 years. that's crazy. but he loved the movie though.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Seems that his strong desire to immortalize himself on the big screen is one of the things that got him into deep trouble in the early 90s.

This blog has some very interesting articles on of all that. Including insights about why Michael changed all of his management at that time, why the Peter Pan movie and others never happened, why David Geffen might have played and might still play a role in destroying Michaels reputation etc.
    https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/ca...chael-jackson/

It's several articles - all a bit excessively long, but worth the read.
    I recommend reading all in that "Project M" category list starting with the oldest.

No 100% proof for anything, but it connects dots and paints a picture that makes sense.
    whoa. i might check these out when i have the time. thanks.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Michael started working on the Steven Spielberg “Peter Pan” movie in mid 1983, according to Mike Smallcombe.

He started composing music for the soundtrack of the movie (songs like “Neverland Landing” or the Peter Pan song that he is singing in the Unauthorized Interview).