Why the costume changes during "working day and night" live?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
It happened on each tour (not sure about triumph tour) and those costumes are always atrocious looking. I wonder why he chose to do this. Not a big deal , just curiosity.

After working day and night, he goes into beat it, like a quick magic thing, hasn't he got his beat it clothes on underneath the working day and night ones....

to cover up the beat it jacket and go straight into that song from WDAN while also having a new outfit.
why do anything.

WDAN outfit at the Bad Tour has to be one of the worst outfits MJ wore in his career. It was definitely the ugliest for me.

I’m probably in the minoriry but I always liked the WDAN outfits!!! The white overall during Bad Tour was super cute and I LOVED the shiny, colorful jacket and the shiny blue pants during Dangerous tour too!!! 😍

Themidwestcowboy;4299920 said:
Which one, The black or the white?
The white one. I don’t like the black one either but the white one is an absolute eyesore.

Dangerous is definitely the worst wdan outfit....had the pants been matching gold or black with the gold trim wouldve been perfect...why garbage bag blue... I'll never know. Bad tour was fine. Although the black version had many difficulties! I always wanted to see him perform in the white because growing up all i ever saw was the brace yourself montage where he jumps in the air with it & I used to always wonder wth is he performing & why cant dont vh1 ever show this in full lol. But thats why i like it & it holds a place with me.

I think it meant to be some kind of magic thing. i love the Workin' Day and Night costume. michael looked good in white. but i dislike the dangerous costume of it. i didn't like the pants. the black costume was good too.

workin' day and night is my in the middle song. i don't dislike the song but i don't like it either.

All the outfits Michael wore for this song aren’t in the upper tiers of outfits imo,

Rocketeer;4299934 said:
All the outfits Michael wore for this song aren’t in the upper tiers of outfits imo,

The outfit he wore on the Triumph Tour was fire! In fact I think the triumph tour had the best outfits out of all his tours.

Nite Line;4299921 said:
The white one. I don’t like the black one either but the white one is an absolute eyesore.

Hehe Yeah I have to admit that the white one was not one of my favorites. I think it's kinda fascinating that jumpsuits has made a full fledged comeback in popular culture. Even high end fashion labels manufacture jumpsuits that looks really similar to the ones MJ wore on Victory and Bad Tour.

The outfit he wore on the Triumph Tour was fire! In fact I think the triumph tour had the best outfits out of all his tours.

What did he wear during WDAN on the Triumph Tour? More importantly did he do a costume change before the song? If he did then it has nothing to do with Beat it because the song wasn't recorded yet during 1981.

What did he wear during WDAN on the Triumph Tour? More importantly did he do a costume change before the song? If he did then it has nothing to do with Beat it because the song wasn't recorded yet during 1981.

It was the same concept. He did a magic trick/illusion during WDAN and ended up on a cherry picker and performed Don't stop til you get enough.

72622da48656cba4836a07fc4b720eab.jpg

B-NlZCvWZQ5HjXNFJIMErx9Q3YDp2H5Z3NKJDCzysWnhf4wIMGtSTzCwPvdD7UVVBuoHrhj862l_3pkbBzkfvkohxgyXRJVGaZvBkSEPCEn7TMfk2YMXQ_SRmFSukLkRbuz0NRemq7aqnbesAVLVZTmXMWxLjK1wiNg

I prefer the 88/89 WDAN costume over the one used in the 1987 shows.

After working day and night, he goes into beat it, like a quick magic thing, hasn't he got his beat it clothes on underneath the working day and night ones....

Yes, he did. It was functional.

to cover up the beat it jacket and go straight into that song from WDAN while also having a new outfit.

Yep!

Back