Annotations on Genius

Moromete

Proud Member
Hello,

I have seen on Genius that there are a lot of lyrics with no or poor annotations and some songs have garbage descriptions, like Speed Demon and outtakes. Also, I've observed there are some with fan made covers on Genius, which wouldn't be a good thing.

What I want to express is I would like to say that our community should contribute to interpretations of Michael's song lyrics on Genius, a good thing for legacy.

Fans have their own interpretations of Michael Jackson songs. A lot of his songs are quite ambiguous and because we know so little about the inspirations behind a lot of his songs, fans will always come to their own conclusions, in line with their own understanding and knowledge of Michael Jackson.

But, yes, I do think that fans should contribute to writing annotations on genius.

Last edited:
Fans have their own interpretations of Michael Jackson songs. A lot of his songs are quite ambiguous and because we know so little about the inspirations behind a lot of his songs, fans will always come to their own conclusions, in line with their own understanding and knowledge of Michael Jackson.

But, yes, I do think that fans should contribute to writing annotations on genius.

Also with bio for songs (it is a must, because the bios of some songs are totally nonsensical cr*p).

Back