Tour or Concert

Albion

Proud Member
If the estate were to release a live performance by Michael would you prefer a single concert using all footage from that show and remaining true to his performance on that day or a Tour concert showing multiple camera angles from different shows on that tour (a bit like the TII movie) also cherry picking the best filmed performances from the tour? I’m really undecided as there are pros and cons to both but I would love to know your thoughts.

If it's a very high quality 1988/89 Bad tour release, I wouldn't mind a mix between various shows.

I'd prefer a single concert preferably with crowd shots because they bring the energy that concert dvd's need. But in terms of Michael Jackson concerts it probably doesn't matter much as his shows were 99% interchangeable.

One concert would be better but I would be fine if Bad Tour Blu-Ray had footage from many concerts.

I’d like one super high quality release from each tour, and they should make those the best they can be. If that means using material across multiple shows, that’s fine, as long as it doesn’t result in major continuity issues like two different shirts in one song. :)

The unedited shows will eventually turn up on message boards or YouTube anyway.

I want the HQ release of a concert from Destiny, Triumph & Victory tours, without the annoying crowd shots. As for Bad & Dangerous tours, I rather have the best performances/moments from those tours released, again without the annoying crowd shots.

. If that means using material across multiple shows, that’s fine, as long as it doesn’t result in major continuity issues like two different shirts in one song.
-------------------
Thats a good point😅

I want the HQ release of a concert from Destiny, Triumph & Victory tours, without the annoying crowd shots. As for Bad & Dangerous tours, I rather have the best performances/moments from those tours released, again without the annoying crowd shots.

Ideally, I would love if the Estate releases a DVD or Blu-Ray that only features the very best performance of each and every song that Michael performed in his career. Such a release would also span his entire career as a live performer.

Probably just one concert. I don’t want them to pull off another Bucharest, or Munich. Those edits between different shows irk me. Raw for the win

in my opinion i would take a concert. after that history tour i don't wanna see nothing like that again expect they do it the right way and show michael at his best performances. bad tour or anything before bad.

Single concert! Look at the so called "Live in Bucharest" they released... It's a mess.

Very few live releases ever consist of only one show. That’s a bit unrealistic, in my opinion.

Ideally just footage from the one concert. Unless there were edits to mask a major/minor screw up, because leaving those in a concert release would be quite awkward :D

Single concert! Look at the so called "Live in Bucharest" they released... It's a mess.
I agree. We got both already tbh. Bucharest is edited and wembley wasnt for the most part. History tour should be edited as a "best of".

Last edited:

A mess? It has been the concert that has represented MJ for over three decades
and they always air that concert whenever they are showing MJ concerts on TV. Bucharest is and has always been amazing, even with the different concert clips edited in.

and they always air that concert whenever they are showing MJ concerts on TV. Bucharest is and has always been amazing, even with the different concert clips edited in.
The implementation of bits from other concerts could subtract some of that show's authenticity in a sense because it is supposed to be "Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest" and not "Michael Jackson Live in Europe", plus the concert just underwent a multitude of edits to the extent where it was virtually superfluous, but I agree that labeling it a "mess" is pure overstatement.

The implementation of bits from other concerts could subtract some of that show's authenticity in a sense because it is supposed to be "Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest" and not "Michael Jackson Live in Europe", plus the concert just underwent a multitude of edits to the extent where it was virtually superfluous, but I agree that labeling it a "mess" is pure overstatement.

I don't have problem with the clips from other concerts but there are too many audience shots.

ScreenOrigami;4301160 said:
I’d like one super high quality release from each tour, and they should make those the best they can be. If that means using material across multiple shows, that’s fine, as long as it doesn’t result in major continuity issues like two different shirts in one song. :)

May be if he wears different shirts, you wouldn't perceive it as a continuity issue, because it's obviously meant to be a collage of several concerts. Look at Man in The Mirror at the beginning of Moonwalker. Blue shirt, black jacket. It's obviously two performances mixed. I prefer this to 'sneaky' edits where bits of another concert are included without the clarity it's from another night.

Piek;4301570 said:
May be if he wears different shirts, you wouldn't perceive it as a continuity issue, because it's obviously meant to be a collage of several concerts. Look at Man in The Mirror at the beginning of Moonwalker. Blue shirt, black jacket. It's obviously two performances mixed. I prefer this to 'sneaky' edits where bits of another concert are included without the clarity it's from another night.

That’s definitely a question of personal preference. A collage works for me for a single song, like in your Moonwalker example, but for a full concert I’d prefer the illusion of continuity.

i loved that.

I would like to watch a "best of" concert where it has the best performances of the songs from the tour.

I know. What's wrong with the Bucharest concert? It's a good show.

The whole concert isn't Bucharest??? What other concerts are in it??

A concert would be preferable, but if the only way to get a BAD Tour 88 concert in HD is to edit different shows together, then so be it.

No matter what tour:
A package of single (full) songs each from a different country of the tour... plus some "MJ arrives in ..." spectacle footage skits inbetween. Best way to capture that global phenomena that these tours were.

Last edited:
No matter what tour:
A package of single (full) songs each from a different country of the tour... plus some "MJ arrives in ..." spectacle footage skits inbetween. Best way to capture that global phenomena that these tours were.

Interesting concept. Paul Dwyer (Humanitarian MJ book author) made something like this for the HIStory Tour. :)

Back