Michael Jackson interviewed by fans in 1995

Electro

Proud Member
Today 25 years ago, Michael Jackson did the internet before most people knew what the internet was. :cool:

On the evening of August 17th 1995, Michael joined a "Simulchat" that would take questions from fans all around the world submitted via internet services Compuserve, America Online and Prodigy. MTV (USA) also televised a live transcript of the chat.

The event took place in the boardroom of The Museum Of Television & Radio in midtown Manhattan. Michael was seated at the long boardroom table surrounded by representatives from all of the online services - who were seated in front of their laptops dialed-in to their respective services. Questions were selected on a 'round-robin' basis from each of the services, Michael answered the questions and a typist entered his answers onto the service.

Over 16,000 people attended the chat on America Online alone, not to mention the other services.

Some news reports and snippets from Michael arriving and answering questions:

Here is a transcript of the full interview:

Janice Maki Brandon from ORLANDO, FL:
I have been a long time fan and I just want to know how, after all the bad press, you can keep going and doing the best job that any rock star can do? Is it the fact you have such a wonderful wife supporting you, or are there other reasons you stay so damn great?

Michael Jackson:
Despite of what the press says about celebrities and myself in general, I move ahead. I don't pay attention to that tabloid junk - it's garbage. I have my dreams I am a visionary and I am very resilient. I feel as if I have a suit of armor around me, like a rhinoceros skin. I am here to do what I am supposed to do. Thank you for asking the first question.

Brett Mallard from MANCHESTER, NH:
If you could be any super hero... like Batman, Superman, et al.. whom would you choose to be and why?

Michael Jackson:
I like Batman a lot... If I could choose one, it would be Morph, from the X-Men. He can become anything ... He constantly transforms himself. I think he can even teleport, which is interesting and exciting to me. He's not as popular as the others, but that makes him exciting.

Darkan:
Are you ever going to tour America?

Michael Jackson:
I'm not exactly sure, we kind of play it by ear, kind of spontaneous. It would be nice, but I'm not sure.

Brian:
Is your new album doing as well as expected? Go MJ!!

Michael Jackson:
Yes, I am overly excited about how well the album is doing. It is the fastest selling album in my career. Despite what the press is saying. Unprecedented 7 million worldwide sold in the first week!

Spin Cycle:
Michael, thanks for coming. What is your favorite song on your newest CD?

Michael Jackson:
Probably Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Little Susie. I love songs with heart.

Jocelyn:
When will the 3T album be in the store?

Michael Jackson:
The 3-T are expected around this Christmas. They're going to be very successful.

Bruce Ross:
How has your marriage to Lisa Marie changed your life?

Michael Jackson:
I think I find it more fun to appreciate what family really means. the fact that even though there were 10 of us Jacksons and we were always doing things at different times and I am really learning the real meaning of love. Giving 100% of yourself all the time. Putting up with one another. So far it has been pretty joyous.

Jim Shea from KANSAS CITY, MO:
Do you ever wish you could walk into a public place and not be mobbed by your fans?

Michael Jackson:
I have every disguise you can think of... that is why I wish I could be Morph so I could change places and just enjoy life. I would love to do that.

Ally W:
Hi Michael. You have an amazing voice. Whose music has helped influence your music most?

Michael Jackson:
Thank you for the compliment. That is very nice. To be honest, my first love and appreciation for music was classical, in kindergarten. I used to listen to Tchaikovsky every day. The great writing of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, and many others. I love the showtunes.

Marlie14:
In your interview with Diane Sawyer, you mentioned moving out of the country. Is this in your future plans?

Michael Jackson:
Yes it is.

Rros:
Where is the most favorite place in the world that you have traveled to and where would you most like to travel to?

Michael Jackson:
My most favorite place that I've traveled to probably would have to be between South America and Africa. Because I love the people, and I love the culture. The plight of the children is very interesting and I would love to continue to travel...to see more things and to help more people.

Gary M. Richards from ENCINITAS, CA:
MICHAEL WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG THAT YOU HAVE RECORDED? AND DO YOU STILL HAVE THE PET MONKEY NAMED BUBBLES, WHO WAS SHOWN IN YOUR GENESIS VIDEO GAME, MOONWALKER?

Michael Jackson:
If I had to pick one song... that's very difficult. Probably Ben, Got to Be There, Heal The World, one of the oldies. Bubbles is still alive and still my pet chimp. He's bigger, likes to eat a lot...lots of pizza, ice cream...He loves snacks! (Michael laughs)

Internet question via MJJ:
You have accomplished so much in life. What else would you like to accomplish in life?

Michael Jackson:
I love movies my dream is to make films, not only act and sing but to produce them as well. And I love animation.

Prodigy Question from SiBiS:
In Oprah's interview, you said that you wanted to raise a family one day..Do you plan to do so??

Michael Jackson:
Yes, that's my dream for a long time. My own children, I want to adopt them. Not only my own, but children all over the world. I think we should be less territorial about it.

Kurt A. Lentsch from LOMBARD, IL:
How did you like working with your sister Janet on the "Scream" Video and also working with your beautiful bride, Lisa Marie. PS Best of luck to you two, don't listen to all the BS going around!

Michael Jackson:
That is a great question! The press creates all of these negative stories so that people will buy their magazines or read their columns and you must not believe everything you read or see on television. Most of it is false and it is tabloid garbage and I want everyone to be aware of what the tabloid media is like. I have had so much fun working with my sister and working on the set everyday. I haven't seen her in quite some time and she is busy and I am as well and it is like a reunion. Because of all the family members I am closest to Janet and we became very emotional on the set. We gave each other presents but every day on the set sometimes she would come to me sad because of some crazy story that some tabloid said. I told her that she would have to become resilient because it is there and I want the public to know. And Yes I had fun with Lisa Marie on the set. She wanted to perform in the video. I had a lot of fun with Lisa Marie on the set. But when the director said "Action," she became very shy. I was giving her a little bit of a hard time, too!

blondie101:
What inspired you to write the song "Beat It"?

Michael Jackson:
Quincy Jones, for the album THRILLER, asked me to write a song with a rock edge to it. I said yes, I can do that. So the very same day, I went to the recording studio, and I literally just started to sing that song. It literally came that fast. Every song is different. The gestation process for BEAT IT was so fast, it was amazing. I thought about what I'd do in that situation... A confrontation with a gang... I wouldn't do what these people would do. The way I was raised I would turn the other cheek without creating a war or being a coward either.

Brandon from VANCOUVER, WA:
I come from a large family is it hard for you to see the animosity between your sister LaToya and yourself. you seem to be above all the petty gossip that others love to spread. I just want to give you two thumbs up on your maturity.

Michael Jackson:
Gee - thank you very much! I love you. Thank you.

Curveball:
Will there be a next album?

Michael Jackson:
I am not sure. This might be my last album I ever do. I will always create music but am not sure if I'll create another album.

Midway Gal:
How did you get into music?

Michael Jackson:
I don't think I can answer that without sounding philosophical. We never had music or dance lessons in our house, ever. We were a family that sang all the time. We watched television. We would entertain ourselves... We would take all the furniture out of the living room and dance. I think you're pretty much born with a gift and you are compelled to create. That is what I have always felt. I remember making up songs when I was really little. I remember when I was little there was rain outside and we would make up songs. Janet and I would have a songwriting game while we washed the dishes...while we were cleaning. I think most kids don't do that these days. It was our destiny.

EvenBeevu:
Do you come up with the ideas for all of your videos?

Michael Jackson:
A lot of them I do come up with. A lot of the concepts do originate with me. After singing Thriller I knew that I wanted to do a short film. Asimple guy goes out on a date and confesses to her that he's different. I wanted totransform into different things. It was fun. I had so much fun making that. Beat It is another concept that I came up with. Confrontation -two gangs - West Side Story. I wanted real gang members. I wanted to see real truisms...in the walk, in the character in the clothes. and I thinkit came across.

Pelon:
What has been your proudest musical achievement?

Michael Jackson:
One of them it is really a difficult question to answer because I am not a women but writing a song is like conceiving a child... I love all the songs . We are the World is one of the most favorite things that I've done. I am proud of that... it has reached a lot of people, it has touched a lot of people. My Secretary called when I was in the car and said pull over. And it was like a prayer when all of the radio stations played it. I had tears.

Firefly from MELBOURNE, FL:
Michael, I was wondering if/when we will see more of the old-style video's and mini-movies like "Thriller" and "Moonwalker?"

Michael Jackson:
I love that. That's what I want to get back to doing. Well those types of short films are my favorite because it is not just a video in the sense of videos and images and graphics...it's a short story. But to do those takes us up to 4, 5, 6, 7 months sometimes and that has become a problem. We are going back to that. That is my dream. I'd like to make this announcement: My nephews are in here and want to sit in and listen!

(nephews are entering the room)

Natalie Ringland from SEATTLE, WA:
You seem to be interested in many cultures. Have you ever studied the North? I live in an Inupiat Eskimo village at the top of Alaska. Life is different here. If you ever visit, the land and people here might inspire you. Do you travel for inspiration?

Michael Jackson:
Yes I do travel for inspiration and I would love to come to Alaska someday. I have flown over Alaska and I do love to travel. Maybe with your extended invitation I might be able to come!

Frogbelly:
In your song "Childhood" you sing about how you've never really known the joys of youth. What is the one thing you missed the most?

Michael Jackson:
Probably the simple little things that kids do like having a friend over or going to the park or even trick-or-treat or Christmas or birthday and when we were little we didn't have any of those things. We had to hear about them. Some of the kids who take them for granted. I haven't celebrated my birthday yet. Maybe someday I will.

Diva:
Michael, I love HIStory and think it's the best yet. When are you going to release the videos as a complete set?

Michael Jackson:
Thank you for the compliment. I worked very hard. This Christmas I think we are going to have a complete up to date of the shorts on one volume.

Applehead:
It's one of Apple head's friends, guess which one...hint Family Matters...what is your favorite song on HIStory? Tell Lisa Marie and Janet I said hi!

Michael Jackson:
I know exactly who that is! (laughter in the room) My favorite song is probably "Childhood" "Earth Song". But nice to hear from you Brighton, hope I get to see you soon. Tell all my other relatives I said hello.

Mr Potter:
Do you ever wish you could play small rooms with intimate audiences instead of mega-productions?

Michael Jackson:
Yes. I think that is the mark of a true performer, to be able to reach any audience around the world, any size. If you can directly relate to a small group, magic starts to happen. I started out playing those kinds of concerts. This Christmas, I'm doing an HBO special (Dec 10), and it is intimate. It's close-up. It will allow me to do a lot of things I've never done before.

Sam Clark:
Story in UK press this morning claims quickie divorce on the cards? Is it true?

Michael Jackson:
Never believe the tabloid garbage. Don't waste your time, don't waste your money. No, it's not true. If you hear it from my lips, then you can believe it. But no, it's not true.

What is your process from going from creating a rhythm on your human voice-box to the album version, such as in songs 'Who Is It' and 'Tabloid Junkie'?

Michael Jackson:
The process is creating a vocal rhythm to a click track - which is a sound, a timed beat. And you're doing these mouth sounds to that beat. These sounds can be looped according to how you sample it in the computer again and again. This is your foundation for the entire track - everything plays off this. It's the rhythm, like the beatbox rhythm. Every song I've written since I was very little I've done that way. I still do it that way.

Smufetty:
I love you and have enjoyed your music since icould hear and see..just one question: how can you keep going when the media makes everything so hard?

Michael Jackson:
Thank you for your compliment, I appreciate it.I believe in my work, like I said, I have great confidence in my dreams. When I have a great idea I have an iron will, Even though the media creates such negative stories they do it just to sell more papers. If you look throughout history, and I'm not trying to put my name with the names of the past it's been pretty much the same. Ghandi, Christ and I'm not saying I'm Christ, I don't want to hear the press saying that. Some of the worst attentions had to do with ignorance on the part of the people because of the press. If it happened to them, it can happen to me.

DanielStein:
If you could meet someone dead or alive and talk with them for an hour who would it be and why. P.S. Rock on with your bad self!

Michael Jackson:
It would probably be Michelangelo because I think he is a phenomenal artist and I love art I think I understand what he was trying to say and do even though he got criticized. He was a true artist to the point of true artistry. I would love to just sit down and have a talk.

Tristene:
Who is your best friend?

Michael Jackson:
Pretty much the same as I've said...the children of the world...for their innocence, their simplicity, and their love. It's the same kind of innocence that I find in animals. They just want you for your love, and I love that.

AL & MEG from BOUNDBROOK, NJ:
WHAT WAS IT THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME INVOLVED IN HELPING AS MANY CHILDREN AS YOU DO? I THINK WHAT YOU DO FOR CHILDREN IS JUST WONDERFUL. YOU ARE WHAT THESE CHILDREN NEED TO KEEP THEM GOING WHEN TIMES ARE SO TOUGH.

Michael Jackson:
I truly care about children, and about the future for our children. I'm a little frightened about what the future is going to bring. I truly, truly love them and care about them. I will always help them. When I go on tour, I visit hospitals, terminally ill children. At my ranch at Neverland, we have many terminally ill children as our guests. We do this every few weeks. You do it because you truly love them and you care.

It is rumored (I know you hate that word) that you are doing another book... Do you plan another book, if so, what will it contain?

Michael Jackson:
I wrote a book called DANCING THE DREAM. It was more autobiographical than Moonwalker, which I did with Mrs. Onassis. It wasn't full of gossip and scandal and all the trash that people write so I don't think people paid much attention to it, but it came from my heart. It was essays, thoughts, things that I've thought about while on tour. I'm not planning to write another book anytime soon. If you want to know how I to feel, you can check out HIStory. It's a musical book.

Gemseeker:
When & How did you learn to moonwalk? I think it's sooooo cool! :>

Michael Jackson:
Thank you soooo much! I've always loved illusion dancing when you can pretty much create a step or an illusion with the body. THere's a new step called Skywalk that looks like you defy gravity that I've been working on for along time. One of my favorite movers is Marcel Marceau. But a lot of the steps that I do come from my heart. A lot of the steps come from the black community. From tap dancing, to the cake walk, to the Charleston. All these dances come from the black community to go all over the world.

Jamie Ballengee:
Mr. Jackson, What advice would you give someone who is in a similar position with the bad things from the press? My little sister Andrea Ballengee lost her Miss VA crown. :-(

Michael Jackson:
You don't pay attention to it. You become strong, you move ahead. The best advice I can give is to believe in yourself, know there's a tomorrow, walk tall...don't pay attention to the garbage...it's complete ignorance.

MsMittens:
Oh... before I forget... someone from the internet who couldn't access this site asked me to ask you how you are doing and why you are doing the simulchat tonight?

Michael Jackson:
I'm fine, doing all right. (laughs) I'm doing this simulchat because I love my fans, and I want to talk with you! I think this is incredible technology, just amazing, and I think we're pioneering here! Can I say hello to a couple of my friends? Hello, Lisa Marie...Hello, Paul McCartney...Hello, Mrs. Disney... Hello to my friends in Gary, Indiana...I can't think of a good joke to say... I want to say I love all of you, all of my fans around the world I love you dearly and don't listen to all the garbage that you hear.

VanishR29:
How do you feel about technology like the internet and it's effect on society?

Michael Jackson:
I think it is wonderful. It is a wonderful way to correspond it's growing and this is the tip of the iceberg. In the next year we will see some amazing growths in technology and I hope that I'm around to see it. I pray that we continue to serve the world in a positive way not a negative way and not hurt anyone because it is wonderful.

How involved are you with the other groups on the MJJ label?

Michael Jackson:
I'm very much involved, not to the point of always being there, but listening to tapes, collaborating on the telephone, picking artists recommending ideas. The new 3T album which I just heard I think is going to be a big success. I do believe that.

I want to say hi to Bill Bellamy in LA - he's a great guy.

Thank you! Good night everybody. Talk to you soon. Bye!

(Claps in the room. Michael shakes everyone's hand, thanking them, and leaves.)

Last edited:
Imagine being in a Zoom meeting with the King of Pop himself :D

I remember this clearly! I didn't have a computer myself, so my dad helped me, I was at his place and we were trying to get through and even tried as early as possible, and we had even figured out the time zones before hand and everything. We were ready lol, but it was impossible to get through. We tried very hard though

I wish MJ had the chance to run his own Twitter and Instagram pages, I wanna know what sort of stuff he’d post :D

Electro;4301205 said:
According to his son Prince (here), Michael couldn't even handle writing his own emails by 2009. :D

The texts that he sent to people that have been shared online make me laugh, he signed them off “MJJ” and things like “MJJ PrinceParisandBlanket” “uncle doo doo.” It’s just something I can imagine an older person like my grampa doing 😂

I remember this clearly! I didn't have a computer myself, so my dad helped me, I was at his place and we were trying to get through and even tried as early as possible, and we had even figured out the time zones before hand and everything. We were ready lol, but it was impossible to get through. We tried very hard though

I didn't have internet before 1999, so this was unreachable for me.

How did this actually work... I don't understand why they list those 3 internet providers (Compuserve, America Online and Prodigy) AND "the internet". Those three internet providers each had a chat interface on their websites to submit questions? What's "the internet" then? :D

I would love to join Michael’s YouTube stream or something if he were alive today. I am fascinated with the idea of him streaming and answering questions from the chat amongst other things (random acapellas anyone?). I could listen to the man talk and sing for hours. That was not really his thing though, especially if it were today. But the idea is fun to think about. Man I miss Mike.

How did this actually work... I don't understand why they list those 3 internet providers (Compuserve, America Online and Prodigy) AND "the internet". Those three internet providers each had a chat interface on their websites to submit questions? What's "the internet" then? :D

I don't know! All I remember is that we were put in line in a chat, and we waited and waited...to no avail

According to his son Prince (here), Michael couldn't even handle writing his own emails by 2009. :D

Lmao, did Prince just say Michael had an iPhone?? I don't know why, but just the thought of him using a smartphone just blows my mind.

Lmao, did Prince just say Michael had an iPhone?? I don't know why, but just the thought of him using a smartphone just blows my mind.

7b4f6dfa326b4f779b69e2da2f2e4a83.jpg

It would have blown my mind if it had turned out that MJ didn’t have an iPhone, tbh. Why wouldn’t he have one? :D

Someone recently said in a podcast (bodyguard?) that Steve Jobs sent him eight iphones with Michaels name on. (Like advance copies for VIPs shortly before that model came out or so). But seems he only used it as a telephone (according to Prince). :D

Electro;4301218 said:
I don't understand why they list those 3 internet providers (Compuserve, America Online and Prodigy) AND "the internet". Those three internet providers each had a chat interface on their websites to submit questions? What's "the internet" then? :D

Those three were commercial internet service providers, meaning they provided their customers with access to the internet. There were other ways to access the internet, for example through other commercial providers, or by dialing up via a university or research facility who had their own internet access.

I assume that those three simply sponsored the event to get their names out there, which is why they’re referenced by name. The internet business began to be competitive back in those days.

Mike laparreque (sp) ex bodyguard said mj was terrible with mobiles and technology. He was alway losing them. the NOTW had mj on a hit list to hack his phone. Good luck with that!

ScreenOrigami;4301239 said:
Those three were commercial internet service providers, meaning they provided their customers with access to the internet. There were other ways to access the internet, for example through other commercial providers, or by dialing up via a university or research facility who had their own internet access.

I assume that those three simply sponsored the event to get their names out there, which is why they’re referenced by name. The internet business began to be competitive back in those days.

I removed that meta info in the transcript above, but here it looks like the questions were differently sourced:
http://www.angelfire.com/ks/mjj/simuchat.html

Compuserve Question from Brett Mallard: ...
Prodigy Question from Darkan: ...
Internet Question from Brian: ...

On that website it also says that the transcript (that I re-posted here) "was compiled by Sony from all of the services' transcripts to provide as accurate a document as possible".

So the services each somehow separately collected fan questions, the representatives in the room selected some for Michael, and then each service gave back a slightly different transcipt of the full event to their websites? Hmm...

Anyhow, mashing it all up together (questions and answers) must have been the concept behind this "Simulchat".
Doesn't sound like it was just one simple chatroom as we'd expect it today.

Last edited:
Electro;4301242 said:
I removed that info in the transcript above, but here it looks like the questions were differently sourced:
http://www.angelfire.com/ks/mjj/simuchat.html

Compuserve Question from Brett Mallard: ...
Prodigy Question from Darkan: ...
Internet Question from Brian: ...

On that websites it also says that the transcript (that I re-posted here) "was compiled by Sony from all of the services' transcripts to provide as accurate a document as possible".

Anyhow, mashing it all up together (questions and answers) must have been the concept behind this "Simulchat".
Doesn't sound like it was just one simple chatroom as we'd expect it today.

Yup, would be interesting to see how this actually worked behind the scenes. Commercial internet service providers provide a gateway to the internet, and back in those days, they tried for a long time to fence their customers into their own service as good as they could, for example by providing website directories. Search engines as we know them today didn’t exist yet. So when you logged on to your AOL or whatever, you were presented with a link directory that was indexed by hand, and this was mostly a self-contained world. They weren’t interested in linking out of that world.

I guess they all had their own chat rooms, and the questions were simply picked from the different sources and fed to Michael’s screen. And when it was a source that had paid to be mentioned, it would say the service’s name next to the question, and if it was from another source, it would just say “internet”.

EDIT: I’m not sure what kind of chat these service providers used back in the day, but I guess under the hood they simply used the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) protocol. At least that was a common technology to use for chats.

Last edited:
I had another look... in the news report video it shows this...

And on another website that has the transcript it also says that it happened on the Sony Music server.

So somehow via IRC, "Global Chat" or those 3 providers people could logg in.

Last edited:
Electro;4301248 said:
I had another look... in the news report video it shows this...

And on another website that has the transcript it also says that it happened on the Sony Music server.

So somehow via IRC, "Global Chat" or those 3 providers people could logg in.

If you look closely under the IRC headline in that screenshot, you see the command “/server www.sony.com”. That’s the command to join the Sony IRC server. :)

Then just beneath that you see the command to “/join” a channel, the channel being the actual chat room. :)

I can’t read its name, though. Could be “#mj”. So “/join #mj”.

EDIT: Below that it looks like they told users to “/msg mj” to post a question. So the fans didn’t post to the channel publicly, but messaged their questions. That’s hardly what we’d associate with a chat today.

All of those IRC commands bring back memories. :D

Last edited:
^^^ Wow, you folks actually get this stuff? I'm impressed. It's almost like a foreign language to me, all this tech talk.

Electro;4301218 said:
Interwhat? Back in August of 1995 I was busy buyin' bootlegs of the HIStory album during summer camp and 'singin' along to my walkman, while some of the other kids on the bus would laugh. It definitely wouldn't be the last time when people weren't exactly kind to me because of my affection for Michael.

So yeah, that little chat in 1995 was definitely beyond my reach. And all the better probably, cause silly, little me might have 'reminded' Michael that he was supposed to wait around for mee to grow up and marry him lol.

Snek;4301217 said:
I wish MJ had the chance to run his own Twitter and Instagram pages, I wanna know what sort of stuff he’d post :D

Rocketeer;4301220 said:
I would love to join Michael’s YouTube stream or something if he were alive today. I am fascinated with the idea of him streaming and answering questions from the chat amongst other things (random acapellas anyone?). I could listen to the man talk and sing for hours. That was not really his thing though, especially if it were today. But the idea is fun to think about. Man I miss Mike.

Absolutely fascinating ideas, aren't they - Michael having a Twitter account, being in chats with fans? Utterly ridiculous; couldn't possibly be. He loved being unreachable; he wasn't your average star, trying to go along with the latest trend, catering to the screams of the media and the demands of the masses.

Plus, according to people close to him, he was rubbish at using computers. Can you all actually imagine him in front of a laptop/ipad typin' away? I bet it would have taken him a century to string two sentences together :D

Now that I think of it, had I had the opportunity to be online during that chat a quarter century ago, I might have asked him something stupid like what was his favorite color? But then again, I might have also asked him who/what exactly did he mean by THEY in TDCAU??? It goes to show I've been an inquisitive lil' idiot for almost as long as I can remember. Beyond scary, as some would say.

Best better get goin' now before I think of any more silly questions I might have had for Mike, had he been anywhere near me in the online sphere. I'll just carry on imagining him fixing his readin' glasses, cussin' underneath his breath, while takin' a double look at the keyboard and tryin' to find the letters.......*darn, where's that doggone L....and O and V....goodness gracious, why they gotta be so far apart? It's gonna take me forever to spell this ish out* :rofl:

I remember years ago that there was a rumor (and a thread) that Michael was a member in disguise of this forum. Obviously the username never came out and never confirmed or denied by the staff, but I'd like to think that he really enjoyed to interact with his fans in his late years too.

Why did he have all those computers if he didn’t know how to use them? Wasn’t his laptop and reading glasses even found on his bed when he died? Sorry to bring this up in such a random context, but most people that I know who have a laptop casually lying around on their bed usually also know how to use it.

The snippets were seen on MTV, of course. I remember it soooo well - a wonderful jump into the past. I loved to watch Michael there, to see his gestures, ... and to listen to him, to hear his soft voice... And I still do:heart:..............

And it´s so interesting to read the complete chat today again.

I remember years ago that there was a rumor (and a thread) that Michael was a member in disguise of this forum. Obviously the username never came out and never confirmed or denied by the staff, but I'd like to think that he really enjoyed to interact with his fans in his late years too.
b2oVWhx.png

I wouldn't be surprised if these things happen all the time on public forums. If I was famous I'd probably do it too.

Plus, according to people close to him, he was rubbish at using computers. Can you all actually imagine him in front of a laptop/ipad typin' away? I bet it would have taken him a century to string two sentences together :D

In the video, the short sequence of him with his hand on the keyboard (at 2:03), looks like he is pretending hard to know how to operate this thing. *moves mouse back in correct place* :D

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4301275 said:
Why did he have all those computers if he didn’t know how to use them? Wasn’t his laptop and reading glasses even found on his bed when he died? Sorry to bring this up in such a random context, but most people that I know who have a laptop casually lying around on their bed usually also know how to use it.

Maybe he mostly had trouble with sending emails for some reason.
Surfing the net isn't that hard.

Other computers he had in his house, might have been in connection with music production. I remember reading that in his last years after recording sessions, he kept harddrives with his vocal tracks exclusively, to prevent leaks.

Last edited:
Jackson Rules;4301274 said:

It has been confirmed that Michael Jackson in his final years used to visit and read (as a member with his own account) what his fans posted about him on MJJCommunity.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Michael Jackson could use a computer, at least on a rudimentary level.

One proof for that is when he was interacting via e-mails with the American producer Ne-Yo in 2008.

Ne-Yo was submitting (via e-mails) to Michael Jackson’s personal e-mail inbox his proposed tracks and musical ideas (in MP3 format), and then Michael Jackson would open these MP3 music files, would listen to them, and eventually would keep what he liked.

It has been confirmed that Michael Jackson in his final years used to visit and read (as a member with his own account) what his fans posted about him on MJJCommunity.

Possible, but could as well just be deliberate misinformation to raise interest in this place. :)

One proof for that is when he was interacting via e-mails with the American producer Ne-Yo in 2008.

"Proof"?
such.gif

"Him interacting via e-mails" according to his son Prince meant that he typed them for Michael, so it could also have been him who opened those "MP3 music files (in MP3 format)" for Michael. We'll never know. Not that it really matters...

Last edited:
Who tf confirmed this? :scream:

Back