The MJ Estate Has Updated the FAQ Page on the Official Website

Lightbringer

Proud Member
There it is folks.....read it and speak your mind :devil:

----
Hello #MJFam:

The Estate sees all of the questions that come in from you, and they have decided it was a good time to update the FAQ page on MichaelJackson.com to address several of the more frequent questions that we receive from fans all around the world.

That page has now been updated and you can find the direct link to this page below. Please feel free to share this within the fan community!

https://www.michaeljackson.com/michael-jackson-faq/

Best,
John

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Copyright © 2020 The MJ Online Team on Behalf Of The Estate of Michael Jackson, All rights reserved.

They say more about the Wembley concert release:
Also, as part of the Bad 25th anniversary celebration, the Wembley concert from the Bad Tour was released on DVD. Michael’s performance at this concert is certainly the best live concert performance by any artist ever. As explained at the time, had we been able to locate any original source films/tapes for this performance we would have used those to create a fully edited concert. Unfortunately, that was not the case and we released the only thing we found – Michael’s own viewing copy of the concert. We continue to search for the original elements in the hopes that one day we will be able to share this concert in the best possible format. Just like the fans, we would be ecstatic if this happens

Also about short films in 4K and filmed Bad Tour concerts:
The Estate has every intention of upgrading Michael’s short films wherever possible. Upgrading Michael’s short films is more akin to what is required for older theatrical motion pictures as opposed to music videos by other artists in large part due to all of the work (e.g., effects, etc.) customarily done on each short film beyond the actual filming and the manner and format in which all of that work was originally done. A few short films, like “Thriller” and “Smooth Criminal”, have 35 mm masters where the upgrade is expensive but much more doable. However, that is not the case for most of the short films and, in these cases, the process is more expensive and requires more work (and time). In some cases, it may not even be possible if all we have is a poor quality master tape and no original source materials are located. It is important for fans to understand that not everything that was created by Michael actually made it into Michael’s storage facilities (including, for example, the high def footage of the full Bad Tour concert at Wembley even though we know that Michael shot “Another Part of Me” at that and other concerts on film to create the short film for that song). But we will continue to look for the best solution for the challenges we face with each of the short films and we look forward to sharing the upgraded short films when the work required has been completed.

Last edited:
I read it and it actually answered some question I had. Useful. :)

I’m also more than ever convinced that they’re still reading this forum. :hellooo:

Re: The Michael Jackson Estate updates FAQ to update fans and answer most asked questions by fans

I hope the estate knows that fans would be happy with any BAD Tour show from 1988 or 1989 in HD. It doesn't have to be Wembley. Even if it means they have to edited different concerts together to achieve this, then so be it I say.

This what they said regarding HIStory 25 (I didn't ask, but this is their response to someone else asking):

In our opinion this album is Michael’s most underappreciated and one of his very best. Although they were never announced, the Estate had plans to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the HIStory album this year, but because of COVID-19, those plans had to be modified. So, while we still have plans to celebrate HIStory with appropriate audio and audiovisual elements, we don’t believe in making announcements until we are in a position to share all of the relevant details. It is our hope that the world will open up again soon, and allow our creators to finish their work.

This is also what they said about leaked songs:

As has been stated previously, the Estate won’t release everything in the vaults based in large part on the choices Michael himself made during his life.

If we released demos by themselves, they would not show Michael in his best light, and would not be commercially successful because they are, by definition, unfinished. While releasing unfinished work may be appreciated by the fans, it would not be the way to introduce Michael to new fans who should hear Michael at his best. That is certainly how Michael decided what to release and we believe that is what he would want us to do. And even among the fans, we see disagreement on whether unreleased material should be finished to make them commercially viable or not.

Michael had several philosophies that we use as guides. One of those is, “The quality goes in before the name goes on.” Just because something exists doesn’t mean it should be made public – and sharing with the fans is the same as making it public.

Just because something has been leaked by a fan doesn’t mean that it is something which should have an official release. The fact that it is leaked means that Michael didn’t intend for it to be shared by whomever he may have trusted with it in the first place.

Besides that, a lot of interesting responses from the Estate here. :)

Last edited:
It is important for fans to understand that not everything that was created by Michael actually made it into Michael’s storage facilities (including, for example, the high def footage of the full Bad Tour concert at Wembley...)

There you go. For those who still didn't believe that there was at least one full 1988 Bad tour concert shot on film.

Re: The Michael Jackson Estate updates FAQ to update fans and answer most asked questions by fans

I find it funny i said all these things before and nobody listen to me. i guess i was right the whole time. :p

I’m loving the answers on these FAQs! Makes me very hopeful for the future. Also funny to see the Estate showing a bit of attitude 😂

The part about the Prince Estate is shameful. Imagine being so arrogant as to write a statement like that, utterly tone deaf.

Also:

"Michael had several philosophies that we use as guides. One of those is, “The quality goes in before the name goes on.”"

Loooooool.

Also, I do not believe they had plans for HIStory 25, it would have been in planning way before covid was a thing. It is just an excuse. And a rather sad one at that.

The only thing I get from it is that we really don't have to expect much new music at all. Anyway I'd rather have no new music than have a hot shot upcoming producer finish the song (and butcher it).

As far as concert releases it doesn't look good either.

While i'm a causal prince fan i didn't see their statement to prince bad at all in my opinion. but people are listening both so, we need to stop comparing other artists with michael. i don't understand why fans do it. every artists is different.

While i'm a causal prince fan i didn't see their statement to prince bad at all in my opinion. but people are listening both so, we need to stop comparing other artists with michael. i don't understand why fans do it. every artists is different.

Wait i take back what i said, seriously MJ estate? not just prince but other estates such as queen been pulling out stuff smh. so the queen estate jealous of the MJ estate? bullcrap. i doubt the queen estate even thinking about MJ estate. *facepalm*

The MJ Estate is correct about other estates. There IS jealousy. The MJ Estate has first hand knowledge of that or they wouldn’t have mentioned it. You would be surprised at how much other estates are following everything that MJ Estate does in order to achieve what they have done. Just because you are not aware doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Personally, I like the way MJ Estate releases a VARIETY of projects, and not just albums. They don’t rush and release something every month just to please the demands of fans. They take their time, as Michael did, and SURPRISE us, with things we weren’t expecting.IMO, I hope they continue to strategically release things and not bum rush any and everything just for the sake of those demanding they do so.

Last edited:
somewhereinthedark;4301398 said:
The MJ Estate is correct about other estates. There IS jealousy. The MJ Estate has first hand knowledge of that or they wouldn’t have mentioned it. You would be surprised at how much other estates are following everything that MJ Estate does in order to achieve what they have done. Just because you are not aware doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Personally, I like the way MJ Estate releases a VARIETY of projects, and not just albums. They don’t rush and release something every month just to please the demands of fans. They take their time, as Michael did, and SURPRISE us, with things we weren’t expecting.IMO, I hope they continue to strategically release things and not bum rush any and everything just for the sake of those demanding they do so.

Easy on the Kool aid. Remember they gave us the Michael album.

I honestly appreciate a lot of this. It's nice to learn a bit more about things we weren't privy to and/or weren't sure of, and it's kinda amazing to see the estate bite back at some of the bullshit complaints they get.

As for the Prince estate dig, can anybody here say they're wrong? In the first four years following Michael's death, the estate did an absolutely stellar job creating a variety of projects (both good and bad), engendered incredible business, and helped continue Michael's unparalleled success. Prince's estate... hasn't. Obviously you can compare and contrast the two estates, but doing so also means observing how each helped further the artist's legacy, and objectively, Michael's estate has objectively done the superior job.

It's absolutely an egotistical statement on their part, but it's also 100% correct.

Smooth72;4301402 said:

You are correct about the Michael album; BUT, that doesn’t negate the OTHER wonderful projects released. I refuse to act as if the controversy over three songs on that album, means that the Estate hasn’t done an awesome job in releasing a VARIETY of great projects. Thank God, they are being creative and not just releasing albums, but doing interesting releases. The MJ Estate is correct, because other estates are desperately trying to catch up and have the same success as the Michael Jackson Estate. That’s not being arrogant, it’s just a FACT.

Last edited:

nWTgBWC.jpg

Sorry I had to.

Galactus123;4301377 said:
They say more about the Wembley concert release:

Also about short films in 4K and filmed Bad Tour concerts:

Also, as part of the Bad 25th anniversary celebration, the Wembley concert from the Bad Tour was released on DVD. Michael’s performance at this concert is certainly the best live concert performance by any artist ever. As explained at the time, had we been able to locate any original source films/tapes for this performance we would have used those to create a fully edited concert. Unfortunately, that was not the case and we released the only thing we found – Michael’s own viewing copy of the concert. We continue to search for the original elements in the hopes that one day we will be able to share this concert in the best possible format. Just like the fans, we would be ecstatic if this happens

It is important for fans to understand that not everything that was created by Michael actually made it into Michael’s storage facilities (including, for example, the high def footage of the full Bad Tour concert at Wembley even though we know that Michael shot “Another Part of Me” at that and other concerts on film to create the short film for that song).

So they basically just confirmed an HD filmed Bad tour concert exists but still haven't found it :( This sucks.

Last edited:

So they basically just confirmed an HD filmed Bad tour concert exists but still haven't found it :( This sucks.

I hope they contact the people who worked on the tour to get more info about what was filmed and where the footage could be. I'm happy that they finally answered to some questons. Good to hear that they are remastering the short films.

I find the demos comments laughable. Surely The Beatles have already shown that there is a huge market for re-released albums with added demos. The recent Sgt Peppers, White Album and Abbey Road re-releases all had impressive sales as did the anthology series in the mid 1990s and the use of demos and alternate takes played a major part in this.

Wow, I did NOT realize John Branca was 70! What is the succession plan I wonder.

Note: Having to deal with Wade Robson (+ Safechuck) and his PR-hungry lawyers planting negative stories in the press since 2013 has not exactly made the Estates job easier either!

Last edited:
JichaelMackson;4301392 said:
The only thing I get from it is that we really don't have to expect much new music at all. Anyway I'd rather have no new music than have a hot shot upcoming producer finish the song (and butcher it).

As far as concert releases it doesn't look good either.

This is something I have said all along, but when I say it, it usually falls on deaf ears. The Estate cannot produce projects from resources it does not have in its possession.

somewhereinthedark;4301398 said:

YES. All of THIS.

Three suspect songs (out of ten - so 30%) on one album does not negate everything else produced since then.

I find the demos comments laughable. Surely The Beatles have already shown that there is a huge market for re-released albums with added demos. The recent Sgt Peppers, White Album and Abbey Road re-releases all had impressive sales as did the anthology series in the mid 1990s and the use of demos and alternate takes played a major part in this.

I hate Beatles music. I seriously have never been able to understand what all the fuss is about. They. cannot. sing.
I can't think of anything worse than listening to their unpolished, drug-fuelled, cat-wailing, three-chord demos.

#sorrynotsorry

Wow, I did NOT realize John Branca was 70! What is the succession plan I wonder.

When the Estate exits probate, the Executors' role will end and Michael's children will be the trustees. I believe there is provision for the Execs to remain in an advisory capacity, through the transition period (and beyond), if required.

the only thing I ask of them is to upload the legendary Motown 25 performance of 'billie jean' to the official youtube channel. it literally gets uploaded and taken down everyday by other accounts. an official one would mean that it would stay, and rack up views.

Three suspect songs (out of ten - so 30%) on one album does not negate everything else produced since then.
Perhaps so, but it does impart a questionable impression. The results of shady business methods will provoke doubt, that's for certain.

Back