Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism-

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 944
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 545 Posts

Default Re: THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over raci

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Questions to the people who think the documents is authentic. I would really like to hear your theories:

Who do you think has sold the document to the tabloids?
    How did that person obtain the document?
    Why didn’t the person release it earlier?
    Why tabloids instead of auction?
    Why does the person not make his or her name public?

I believe these are questions we should ask, no matter which side we’re on regarding the authenticity.
    The answer to all of those questions is: there are several possibilities and I don't care. It's just a note. And it's not even a spicy note. Not everything has to be analysed to death and not everything can be traced to the source or proved beyond any doubt. Based on what I have learned and experienced of Michael over the years, I think it was written by him. The End.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over raci

michael was inspired by them, both Elvis and Beatles, but I see no problem with that

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjfan05 View Post
    No one person can become the sole arbiter of authenticity as you've tried to become in this thread..
    Iím not. Iím asking questions. Other documents in the past have been verified by a forensic expert. Thereís always a margin of error, of course, but at that point one can assume a document to be authentic. At any point before that, itís merely a good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfan05 View Post
    It's tiresome reading through your repetitive posts questioning authenticity.
    Then donít read my posts? Thereís always the ignore feature.

If no one wants to engage with my questions, then just donít. Thatís fine. I am certainly allowed to raise my questions and concerns, though, and I will continue to do so.

I have also never said that Iím convinced that itís a fake. All Iím saying is that Iím not convinced that itís real. Big difference.

Itís awesome when something new surfaces and of course everyone wants it to be real. But at the same time, I personally prefer to be cautious and ask questions, because I do not trust tabloids and people who sell items to tabloids instead of putting them up for auction Ė because certainly an auction house would ask for proof of authenticity as well.

Most people here are not interested in trying to figure out the story of this document, I get it, and thatís ok.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokťmon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    If no one wants to engage with my questions, then just donít. Thatís fine. I am certainly allowed to raise my questions and concerns, though, and I will continue to do so.
    You're allowed to raise questions and state opinions, of course. Everybody is. Diversity of opinions is v important on discussion board. It's not great to state the same opinion and raise the same questions on every page of a thread multiple times, to the point that the thread is derailed. You may have a lot of investigative zeal but every thread does not have to be about it. Michael is not around and as people who were around him talk about him, a lot of stories become hearsay with no proof. A lot of old fans have memories of what happened at particular times and why it happened but can't produce a magazine article supporting it every time they mention a story. I've seen you derail multiple threads this way and also question others opinions like an opinion is somehow wrong. Opinions are not facts. All Michael fans are wary of trolls but there's such a thing as taking things too far on a fan forum where discussions are already dying off. Just something to consider.