THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism-

myosotis

Proud Member
From a UK tabloid today:

THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism in pop music

MICHAEL Jackson rails against The Beatles and Elvis in unearthed letters — which show how racism fired him to superstardom.

The never-before-seen 1987 notes — written at the height of his fame — reveal the singer’s anger over racial inequality.

A controversial figure throughout his life and since his death in 2009, he accuses popular US magazines and music network MTV of shunning black entertainers.

J**** even takes a swipe at white rock and roll stars, declaring “Elvis is NOT King” and vowing to show Bruce Springsteen “who’s boss”.

And in a shot at the Fab Four, he adds: “Yes these guys were good, but they weren’t better singers or dancers than the blacks.”

J**** declares he will one day rule as ‘the King’, declaring: “I am not prejudice, it’s just time for the first Black King now.”

He rails against America’s racist Ku Klux Klan organisation and targets parents he fears are raising children to be prejudiced.

The Man In The Mirror songwriter reveals he had set himself a lofty target of selling 200million copies of 1982’s Thriller — to make him a role model for kids of all races.

He wrote: “My goal is to become so ‘Big’, so powerful. To become such a hero, to end prejudice.

"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums.

“Make them look up to me. I will change the world.”

Thriller is regarded as the biggest selling album of all time, but fell short of *****’s pledge, with an estimated 66million copies sold.

In a passage, attached to a June 1987 newspaper clipping about a Klan march in South Carolina, he vows to use his creativity to stop racism seeping into the next generation.

The troubled megastar, who collapsed and died aged 50 after suffering a cardiac arrest, ended his rambling thoughts with the message: “I want what’s fair. I want all races to love as one.”

One confidante said the singer removed the notes from his infamous Neverland ranch in California during police raids over child abuse allegations in 2003.

They were passed to a pal.

Our source said: “Michael trusted his friends more than his family, and he wanted his treasures to be in safe hands.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12473339/michael-jackson-beatles-elvis-fury-racism-pop-music/

cZhGGgr.jpg

Last edited:
One confidante said the singer removed the notes from his infamous Neverland ranch in California during police raids over child abuse allegations in 2003.

While he was in Las Vegas? Sounds plausible. :laughing:

Also, notice the implications of the claim that he removed items from the ranch during the raid.

Here come the birthday attacks, I guess.

I read this and see Michael continuing his search for unity and equality throughout the world. He wanted to be a positive role model. But I’m sure people will try to make it into some ego trip. This is a man who knew the industry and how things worked.

myosotis;4302051 said:
From a UK tabloid today:

MICHAEL Jackson rails against The Beatles and Elvis in unearthed letters — which show how racism fired him to superstardom.

And in a shot at the Fab Four, he adds: “Yes these guys were good, but they weren’t better singers or dancers than the blacks.”

I guess Michael was uneducated :D

"Throughout history white men
have always branded the pages of
history with great white hopes
putting whites over blacks as
nobles like Elvis being The King
of Rock and Roll
Springsteen being the boss
or The Beatles being the best.
Yes these guys were good
but they weren't better singers
or dancers than the blacks.
The difference is whites control
the press the media and they can
make the public believe whatever
they desire. Plus a lot of blacks have been
ugly to look at. You must be beautiful looking.
I will change this "NOW"
with the power of my songs and dance
and "looks" and total reclusiveness
and mystery world(?).
I will rule as the king.
I am not prejudice, it's
just time for the first
black king now."

Yikes...

That doesn’t sound like MJ at all. Also, why write something like this in 1987 when he was already established as King of Pop?

ScreenOrigami;4302066 said:
That doesn’t sound like MJ at all.

It does though... Just not the MJ he would present to the public and the fans.

Well, there are enough authentic handwriting samples out there for someone to create an authentic looking fake. Of course, I’m not an expert, so I can’t prove it, but my gut feeling tells me this is fake.

We had a guy in Germany who faked a whole set of Hitler diaries and fooled the world’s media, so …

I can believe MJ wrote it, he has definitely said similar things before if I remember correctly. The notes are predictably framed in a bad light however. He is right in everything that he says here and the UK press continues to prove this by trying to defame him 11 years after his death. They can’t stand his success.

While he was in Las Vegas? Sounds plausible. :laughing:

Also, notice the implications of the claim that he removed items from the ranch during the raid.

Here come the birthday attacks, I guess.

Yeah when he hadnt been there for litterally months either! As shown in court?such knobs

I guess Michael was uneducated :D

Yes, Michael thought so little of The Beatles that he gushed over them, asked Paul to make music with him, bought their catalogue, and covered one of their songs.

Sadly everything that was stated is true about racism. However, I am not sure of the authenticity of these supposed manuscripts. Someone in this forum just posted a FAKE letter that Michael supposedly wrote; yet, it was written by the equally fake Michael Jacobson.

Michael isn’t belittling Elvis or The Beatles. He’s just saying that there are equally good black artists but the white media don’t want to talk about or promote them. And the story about trying to get Michael on MTV backs this up.

On the surface, the letter looks authentic, and it appears to align with Michael’s thoughts. But there are some red flags, the most obvious of which is in my opinion this part:

“Plus a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at.”

This is something a white person would write. A white person who wants to make you believe that MJ thought Black people to be ugly.

Black people in the entertainment industry usually look pristine, partly because of the systemic racism in the industry, because they know they always have to do one better to have a chance at success.

Michael looking “beautiful” (something that I also doubt he would say about himself) wouldn’t really be anything special, since everyone else already looked beautiful.

Look at all the Motown artists. Look at all the blues or rock ’n roll musicians. They’re wearing suits or luxury dresses, perfect hair and make-up, and are all around presentable all the time, even in private photos.

Also notice, how they (assuming it’s fake, which I do) changed the color of the pen, to make it more obvious that he went back to the letter to add some afterthoughts. Implying that he went back to the letter to add to it, and then claiming that he somehow removed it from the ranch during the raid (!) gives the whole thing more weight than it would ever have in MJ’s world which was scattered with random thoughts on scrap paper, for all we know.

Massive red flags, and I bet it will turn out soon to be a fake.

Yes, Michael thought so little of The Beatles that he gushed over them, asked Paul to make music with him, bought their catalogue, and covered one of their songs.

Michael liked the Beatles and was a fan of their work. He just didn't see them as gods like a lot of Beatles fans do. He thought there were other artists, particular other black artists who had the same level of talent or more, but they didn't get the same level of media attention. And that is true. If Beatles were not white, they wouldn't be celebrated like they are. They have definitely benefited a lot from white privilege.

elusive moonwalker;4302080 said:
Yeah when he hadnt been there for litterally months either! As shown in court😬such knobs

Yep. And he didn’t even know that the raid was going to happen. And even if, would his first thought be to send someone out to retrieve a scrap of paper with his thoughts about racism in the entertainment industry? Why would he even be concerned about them finding it? It’s nothing incriminating and would probably not even have been confiscated anyway.

The whole story just screams fake, as does the timing, a few days before MJ’s birthday, and the usual “sources” and “confidants”.

By the way, MJ purchased the ranch in 1988. How did this piece of paper from 1987 end up in a place he remembered after moving all his stuff from Hayvenhurst to Neverland, and how did he remember it so well that he knew where to find it in 2003? And why would it even matter to him, after his outspoken criticism of the system in 2002?

He aint lying and many others have said what he is saying including Ray Charles and Little Richard

ScreenOrigami;4302066 said:
That doesn’t sound like MJ at all. Also, why write something like this in 1987 when he was already established as King of Pop?
No he was not. King of Pop came during Dangerous era (and even that, the media wanted to call him "self proclaim" King of pop. Yes, during the 1987, MJ was considered better but he was not given the respect. That when all the name calling, calling him weird in the media started.

terrell;4302098 said:
No he was not. King of Pop came during Dangerous era (and even that, the media wanted to call him "self proclaim" King of pop. Yes, during the 1987, MJ was considered better but he was not given the respect. That when all the name calling, calling him weird in the media started.

There are headlines calling him King of Pop as early as 1984, though. With a quick search I found this one, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more.

wtGStu4.jpg

Michael liked the Beatles and was a fan of their work. He just didn't see them as gods like a lot of Beatles fans do. He thought there were other artists, particular other black artists who had the same level of talent or more, but they didn't get the same level of media attention. And that is true. If Beatles were not white, they wouldn't be celebrated like they are. They have definitely benefited a lot from white privilege.

They are celebrated because they were very talented singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalists who also changed the music business and culture on a huge scale with their innovation and creativity. And they also worked incredibly hard to get where they were. None of that has anything to do with their skin colour. Being white certainly would have helped with exposure and coverage, but it has nothing to do with what they achieved technically and creatively or their talent. The Beatles and Elvis were always very open about their black musical influences, but initial influences only take you so far.

End of the day - I personally feel The Beatles music sounds crap - the dudes can't sing. The music is average at best, and even if you think they are good - black people from that time were doing that better than them, and before them. MJ may have liked their work but both them and Elvis are hugely overrated and race is a big factor in why. Apologies to those of you that can't admit that or find it uncomfortable.

MJ being such a global international artist and being all "heal the world" causes some fans to forget his heritage IMO.

IF MJ really wrote this he'd be right, he alluded to this in 2002 anyway. The only part I don't like is the part where it speaks on how black people were too "ugly" previously, but he will be "beautiful".

I hope it's fake only for that line because it confirms self-hate on his part, and he's had to face accusations from the black community on being self-hating of his race due to his image/surgery/children.

Not sure what to think as it It really looks like his handwriting...but the part about him trying to remove the letter from Neverland to give to a friend sounds like fabrication.

Last edited:
myosotis;4302051 said:
He rails against America’s racist Ku Klux Klan organisation and targets parents he fears are raising children to be prejudiced.

The Man In The Mirror songwriter reveals he had set himself a lofty target of selling 200million copies of 1982’s Thriller — to make him a role model for kids of all races.

He wrote: “My goal is to become so ‘Big’, so powerful. To become such a hero, to end prejudice.

"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums.

“Make them look up to me. I will change the world.”

Thriller is regarded as the biggest selling album of all time, but fell short of *****’s pledge, with an estimated 66million copies sold.

In a passage, attached to a June 1987 newspaper clipping about a Klan march in South Carolina, he vows to use his creativity to stop racism seeping into the next generation.

The troubled megastar, who collapsed and died aged 50 after suffering a cardiac arrest, ended his rambling thoughts with the message: “I want what’s fair. I want all races to love as one.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12473339/michael-jackson-beatles-elvis-fury-racism-pop-music/

I just went to their website, but there seems to be only one page of those letters available. Am I missing something here? Where can I see the above quoted text?

I’m asking specifically because “make these little white kids love me” is another huge red flag.

ScreenOrigami;4302086 said:
On the surface, the letter looks authentic, and it appears to align with Michael’s thoughts. But there are some red flags, the most obvious of which is in my opinion this part:

“Plus a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at.”

This is something a white person would write. A white person who wants to make you believe that MJ thought Black people to be ugly.

Black people in the entertainment industry usually look pristine, partly because of the systemic racism in the industry, because they know they always have to do one better to have a chance at success.

Michael looking “beautiful” (something that I also doubt he would say about himself) wouldn’t really be anything special, since everyone else already looked beautiful.

Look at all the Motown artists. Look at all the blues or rock ’n roll musicians. They’re wearing suits or luxury dresses, perfect hair and make-up, and are all around presentable all the time, even in private photos.

Also notice, how they (assuming it’s fake, which I do) changed the color of the pen, to make it more obvious that he went back to the letter to add some afterthoughts. Implying that he went back to the letter to add to it, and then claiming that he somehow removed it from the ranch during the raid (!) gives the whole thing more weight than it would ever have in MJ’s world which was scattered with random thoughts on scrap paper, for all we know.

Massive red flags, and I bet it will turn out soon to be a fake.

The note would make more sense if MJ had added 'they say' instead of 'plus', as he's talking about the press and the media immediately beforehand ie:

''The difference is whites control the press the media and they can make the public believe whatever they desire (They say) /(plus) a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at.''

MJ did indeed write about being beautiful, but I always took that as a 'self affirmation' exercise, in the way that people are advised to say something like 'every day in every way I'm getting better and better' as a kind of 'self confidence booster'.

This (sold at Juliens in October 2010) was apparently written at 'Pebble Beach' overlooking Carmel Bay Calif., maybe in 1991.

UBWxBQk.jpg

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/8/lot/2088/

ScreenOrigami;4302135 said:
I just went to their website, but there seems to be only one page of those letters available. Am I missing something here? Where can I see the above quoted text?

I’m asking specifically because “make these little white kids love me” is another huge red flag.

If this is a 'birthday smear campaign', there is probably another page to come- maybe next Saturday...

myosotis;4302140 said:
The note would make more sense if MJ had added 'they say' instead of 'plus', as he's talking about the press and the media immediately beforehand ie:

''The difference is whites control the press the media and they can make the public believe whatever they desire (They say) /(plus) a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at.''

That would make more sense, but in my opinion it’s a stretch to assume that’s what the person who wrote it meant.

myosotis;4302140 said:
MJ did indeed write about being beautiful, but I always took that as a 'self affirmation' exercise, in the way that people are advised to say something like 'every day in every way I'm getting better and better' as a kind of 'self confidence booster'.

Right. That’s how I interpret it as well. I can not imagine MJ using the word in the context given by the letter. We know he always wanted to look good for his fans, but I’m pretty sure that’s as far as it goes.

Also, compare the Pebble Beach handwriting of “beautiful” with the one in the letter. Whoever fabricated it doesn’t seem to have seen that note.

The black handwriting looks pretty much like MJ’s handwriting in his letter to Bill Bray.

Last edited:
myosotis;4302144 said:
If this is a 'birthday smear campaign', there is probably another page to come- maybe next Saturday...

If you flip the page in an image editor and enhance the contrast a bit, you can actually see that “I want what’s fair.” is written on the backside of the page we have.

LuHwNAj.jpg

The Sun claims that that’s the ending of his ramblings, so everything else is supposed to fit between the page we have and the top two rows of the backside of this page.

So, MJ is supposed to have filled one page top to bottom, continued to write on a separate piece of paper, and then returned to the first piece of paper to conclude his thoughts on its backside.

Not impossible, of course, but also not very likely.

Back