Thread: Get a section of freeway named after Michael Jackson near his birthplace in Gary, Indiana Petition

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 980 Posts

Default Get a section of freeway named after Michael Jackson near his birthplace in Gary, Indiana Petition

Michael Jackson is one of the most successful pop, soul, and RnB performers in American history. His birthplace and childhood were in Gary, Indiana. There are no monuments there for him except the little house where he lived with his family and it is fenced and not accessible to the public. Michael has zero recognition here. Michael was not only world famous, but he did lots of charity work, mostly helping critically ill children and orphans. Please give Michael the recognition he deserves here as a native born Hoosier. I live near Seymour and a 15 mile stretch of I-65 is named in honor of John Mellencamp (still living) and I think that’s great. Now we should do that for Michael. There are 2 freeways and a toll interstate (65, 94, & 90) near Gary. When people drive in from Illinois or Michigan, they should see this memorial to a famous native son. There’s literally no recognition here to someone who was wildly popular worldwide, as an entertainer and philanthropist. This can be achieved with minimal work. Please sign.

https://www.change.org/p/indiana-sta...1-e9f6123ef083

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Get a section of freeway named after Michael Jackson near his birthplace in Gary, Indiana Petiti

That's pretty fd up that gary has nothing there but that house. Mj doesn't get the recognition he truly deserves at all!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderouzmj For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Get a section of freeway named after Michael Jackson near his birthplace in Gary, Indiana Petiti

I agree. michael need to be represented more in gary just like other people. that's ridiculous.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Here in Memphis is so much elvis stuff but none other than tourist come to see it. I think no one that lives in memphis has even been there. Its definitely no elvis fans here but mj is loved worldwide & yet his hometown does nothing but rep that tiny house that noone can get close 2..... come on!......btw i wonder if where his house is considered the hood. The closest ive been to gary is google maps but i did go to 100n carolwood

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    but mj is loved worldwide & yet his hometown does nothing but rep that tiny house that noone can get close 2..... come on!......btw i wonder if where his house is considered the hood. The closest ive been to gary is google maps[/IMG]
    i think as someways yes. lol. people are calling it a bad neighborhood. they need to fix up the place so people won't be scare to go.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks