Remember the Time – LIVE

Piek

Proud Member
I just listened to the latest MJCast, with dancer Eddie Garcia telling incredible stories about working with Michael. One of them being that Remember the Time was performed during the Dangerous Tour – but just once. He thought it was in Germany. (You should listen to hear what the performance was like – you immediately understand why Michael scrapped it; it was too tiring for him and the dancers). Other people, like Kevin Dorsey, have said the same thing.

So... one audience has seen this. Some people might remember. Or have a picture. Or a video... does anyone have anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Piek;4303873 said:
One of them being that Remember the Time was performed during the Dangerous Tour – but just once. He thought it was in Germany.
Most of the Dangerous Tour concerts in Germany are available in footage or audio, yet none of them have a performance of this song in them. The only show in Germany unavailable (as far as I'm concerned) is the one in Bayreuth. I wouldn't bet on this being in Germany, if it was even performed at all.

IDK about this 1.... Michael wasn't the type to add a new song for 1 show.....& never EVER in HIStory mentioned upon til this point. Nahhhh.... not 1 photo, no costumes or audio or even a fan from that show recalling it....i highly doubt this. Maybe he meant the rehearsal!

He could have been referring to a dress rehearsal in Germany, just before the first show. I do remember seeing one picture from an RTT live performance with him in a costume based on the one in the video. That was a dress rehearsal. Unfortunately, I can’t find the picture anymore.

He wasn't sure it was Germany – he was only 100 percent convinced they performed it once.

This is what he said:

"I think we only performed it live once. [...] One time. One time. So one audience got to see that performance. I think we were in Germany. Because I think that's where we started. So I think we were in Germany. This is my... I am trying to remember. And the reason I know we only did it once, is because how physically gruelling it was. And how hard it was to get through the whole thing. I had a gold mask, of, like an Egyptia, mask on my face, that was real gold. It was gold. And, we had these two drapes that came down over the speakers, like on the sides of the stage, they were huge. I think they said Michael Jackson in hieroglyphics. I remember I had these gold plates that went across my chest, and we had these, like, a black fitted shirt that was really tight, you know, and then my black jeans, and then we had this kind of – for lack of a better word – kind of a skirt in front and back of our jeans. It was very Egyptian looking. And because we're in a gold mask with a little tiny breathing hole, it was so claustrophobic in it, and we're sweating, and to be able to see where you were on stage was so challenging... After the show, he felt it was too physically gruelling and vocally gruelling on him. [...] as much as he loved the song, it was too much and he wouldn't be able to sustain his performances, for a long period of time, over a tour, if he kept it. [...] And I know – I myself have always been looking for it. 'Cause I know we did it once. [...] I know we did it, because I remember being on stage! [...] I know, I know somebody has to have it. It has to be out. And Michael always kept copies of everything. He had everything. It's there. So I am sure, if people petitioned, and put feelers out, someone's gonna find it."

So he seems to think it was one of the first shows. Is there a full leak of Rotterdam night one? Could be that show.

sorry but it is totally impossible, in 1992 the black and white magazine published a full special issue on the dangerous tour in europe, (issue number 3) there were fans present at each concerts who told each evening a report on each of the concerts of the tour , so no, it's impossible too bad
you can see the cover of the mag here:
90666451img697-jpg.jpg

So he seems to think it was one of the first shows. Is there a full leak of Rotterdam night one? Could be that show.
No, but why would the song be admitted into the setlist of that show and not the one before in Munich? It doesn't make sense if plans to perform that song and RWY were scrapped before the show in Munich. Like I have said, it was probably a dress rehearsal for the Munich show or something (in Germany at the start of the tour).

I too think he talks about the dress rehearsal...

If it had ever been performed in front of 40-60.000 people we would have heard about it.

He probably mashes up memories about the Soul Train Award performance with the one dress rehearsal before a Dangerous concert.

Last edited:
Electro;4303939 said:
He probably mashes up memories about the Soul Train Award performance with the one dress rehearsal before a Dangerous concert.

Eddie Garcia didn't perform at the Soul Train Awards – he tells in the MJcast he hurt his back and couldn't join.

It would be wonderful if this to be true and I'm glad Eddie did an interview but I do believe he was mistaken. I would love nothing more to see any footage if it was a dress rehearsal though, it sounds amazing. I adore the Remember The Time rehearsal we have, Mike sounds incredible, possibly the one the best live vocals I've heard from MJ
The Dangerous Tour would have felt more complete for me if it had Remember The Time and possibly Give In To Me in the setlist

It would be wonderful if this to be true and I'm glad Eddie did an interview but I do believe he was mistaken. I would love nothing more to see any footage if it was a dress rehearsal though, it sounds amazing. I adore the Remember The Time rehearsal we have, Mike sounds incredible, possibly the one the best live vocals I've heard from MJ
The Dangerous Tour would have felt more complete for me if it had Remember The Time and possibly Give In To Me in the setlist

He really should have performed Give Into Me with Slash at least once. What a missed opportunity that was.

He really should have performed Give Into Me with Slash at least once. What a missed opportunity that was.
This should have happened, given that the music video of the song already shows a "live performance" of it, so just bring those elements onto an actual live stage for an actual performance and boom, Give Into Me live on the Dangerous Tour or elsewhere.

You're absolutely right mate. If I could change the Dangerous Tour ever so slightly, I'd shorten some of the longer songs (WDAN and Heal The World) and add Give In To Me and Remember The Time. They could have been like what Dirty Diana and Another Part Of Me were for the Bad Tour

Agreed. I wonder why GITM was never performed. Maybe someone could ask jennifer. I think she could either support of debunk this.

I wish he did who is it & always wonder why he took out dirty diana & another part of me from the dangerous tour & nothing upbeat excluding black or white

It would be wonderful if this to be true and I'm glad Eddie did an interview but I do believe he was mistaken.

It could be Eddie mixed some things up... but he sounded so convinced in the interview! And his recollection is pretty detailed. What strikes me the most, is what he tells about wearing a gold mask during the performance. I don't see any mask during the rehearsals. And neither during the Soul Train Awards performance.

It could be Eddie mixed some things up... but he sounded so convinced in the interview! And his recollection is pretty detailed. What strikes me the most, is what he tells about wearing a gold mask during the performance. I don't see any mask during the rehearsals. And neither during the Soul Train Awards performance.
It is a shared theory that Eddie is referring to a dress rehearsal at the start of the Dangerous Tour in Germany, so gold masks could have been worn in that case. The only questionable aspect of that is the audience.

For some reason I just highly doubt this. Michael was here for 50years & I cant believe all the questions I really want answered.... not 1 interviewer talked about it. Why didnt he change up the setlist on certain tours, what happened during the victory tour? Why werent you & jermaine in torture? What was said after that last show in la? Do you plan on releasing any old shows? I wouldnt even want an interview. Just a conversation.

Back