Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 536 Posts

Default Re: The perception of Michael within the USA from the 90's -2009

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson112 View Post
    And after the 50 shows in London, This Is It was planned to be taken around the globe for three years and 186 shows. (This plan sounds crazy considering Michael’s mental and physical state but it is what it is.) He was going to go to such places as Germany, Japan, India, Australia, etc. and then finally ending the tour in Canada and the US.
    Is there any source for that besides what Randy Phillips said after Michael died?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Is there any source for that besides what Randy Phillips said after Michael died?
    There were documents in the Katherine vs. AEG trial confirming this. Now whether Michael agreed to do it is up to question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson112 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Electro: Yes, I have seen these documents filed in legal cases. Though I have no idea of the other concerns you have.

Also, I think that the language of the original AEG-MJ contract clearly refers to having multiple legs and other locations. I'm attaching a screenshot here of an example.

https://ibb.co/w0t4CgW

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeslieMJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, he performed in Hawaii (USA) during the HIStory Tour so I never understood why he didn't performed for the people in the mainland too.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 874 Posts

Yeah, TII was always planned to be a bigger thing than MJ initially let on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Arena dates in the US on the Bad tour.
    Stadium shows all over Europe and Asia. Multiple nights in multiple cities. Popularity was already on the way down in America in comparison to Europe. I do know that was mainly down to people thinking he was trying to be white, both in looks and in his music. Which is a shame because if he came out publicly about his skin condition, Bad would have sold more than Thriller IMO

I have no clue what the American public's perception of Michael was, in the majority, in terms of allegations and his skin condition but, in Europe and certainly in my country, it falls into 3 categories

1. "He didn't do it and he had a skin condition"
    2. "He did do it and he bleached his skin"
    3. "Don't know and don't care. He was great"

Certainly those two, rightly or wrongly, affected his popularity and the public's perception of him. We know how fickle and ignorant the world can be.
    Last edited by MOR316; 15-09-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,631 Posts

I know I might be waay of.

But I think I remeber hearing rumours about MJ wanted to have concerte like TII in poor country to help their economy - when people would have to travel to the concert from around the world - like TII in London. -I think I once heard a rumour about Sri Lanka?

Has anyone else ever heard about a such thing or is it my memory that is totally off.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson112 View Post
    A few things I want to point out.

Michael did agree to tour for Invincible in America and Europe in spring 2002, but changed his mind after 9/11, every other major artist also cancelled their tours due to 9/11. But him being tired of touring was also a major factor in the decision.
    Michael Jackson never agreed to tour for the ‘Invincible’ album.

Aside from his health issues that he revealed to Cory Rooney (that a tour would literally kill him), there was also an additional reason for him:

He was aware that if he toured for the ‘Invincible’ album at that time, then this would benefit Sony (because with the touring sales of that album would increase).

But he did not want to benefit Sony in any way, considering how much disgusted he was with them, and especially with Tommy Mottola.

There is also another thing: during the recording sessions of that album, he decided to end his contract with Sony prematurely, which he did later (in 2002).

So, having no contract with Sony, a tour for that album would have been impossible at the time.

Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post

Aside from his health issues that he revealed to Cory Rooney (that a tour would literally kill him), there was also an additional reason for him:

He was aware that if he toured for the ‘Invincible’ album at that time, then this would benefit Sony (because with the touring sales of that album would increase).

But he did not want to benefit Sony in any way, considering how much disgusted he was with them, and especially with Tommy Mottola.

There is also another thing: during the recording sessions of that album, he decided to end his contract with Sony prematurely, which he did later (in 2002).

So, having no contract with Sony, a tour for that album would have been impossible at the time.
    I am not saying this is not correct... BUT...

Knowing MJ's mindset - writing on mirrors that his albums should sell 100+ million copies etc. I doubt very much that his dislike for SONY was enough for him to release an album and then not try to make it sell as many copies as possible.

MJ knew that succes was weighted from albumsales. - Media would write he was done if it only sold 2 million copies etc. - some even wrote that anyway even though it sold very well for an album released in 2001 - where illegal downloads where high and legal streaming not inventet yet...

So I think MJ woud promote his album and try to make the album sale as many copies as possible - MJ wanted his album (and therefore himself) to succed more than he wanted to hurt SONY. - At least that's my belief.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Yes, he agreed. On December 21 2001 Barry Siegel, MJ's then accountant, created Invincible Tours Inc in California. The setup was very similar to History Tours I Inc and History Tours II Inc, that were handling the financial and legal aspects of the tours.

Here is the Article of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Do...370186-4965222

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LeslieMJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

So, Michael Prince was right about both of these things.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieMJ View Post
    Yes, he agreed. On December 21 2001 Barry Siegel, MJ's then accountant, created Invincible Tours Inc in California. The setup was very similar to History Tours I Inc and History Tours II Inc, that were handling the financial and legal aspects of the tours.

Here is the Article of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Do...370186-4965222
    This document does not prove that Michael Jackson agreed to tour for the ‘Invincible’ album.

Just like the AEG Live’s document (of him doing 50 shows) which does not also prove that he agreed to do 50 shows.

And there was not a single word from Michael Jackson himself (in his interviews during the ‘Invincible’ era) which suggested that he wanted or that he agreed to tour for that album.

For example, from USA TODAY (2001):

Edna Gundersen: “If you don't tour, how will you satisfy public demand as well as your need to perform?

Michael Jackson: “I want to direct a special on myself and do songs that touch me. I want something more intimate, from the soul and heart, with just one spotlight.

It is also extremely unlikely that Michael Jackson agreed to begin a world tour at that particular period of the aftermath and global fear due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks when most artists and bands were cancelling their planned concerts that were meant to take place in the late 2001 and also in 2002.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

This document does not prove that Michael Jackson agreed to tour for the ‘Invincible’ album.

Just like the AEG Live’s document (of him doing 50 shows) which does not also prove that he agreed to do 50 shows.

And there was not a single word from Michael Jackson himself (in his interviews during the ‘Invincible’ era) which suggested that he wanted or that he agreed to tour for that album.

For example, from USA TODAY (2001):

Edna Gundersen: “If you don't tour, how will you satisfy public demand as well as your need to perform?

Michael Jackson: “I want to direct a special on myself and do songs that touch me. I want something more intimate, from the soul and heart, with just one spotlight.

It is also extremely unlikely that Michael Jackson agreed to begin a world tour at that particular period of the aftermath and global fear due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks when most artists and bands were cancelling their planned concerts that were meant to take place in the late 2001 and also in 2002.

Having MJ's accountant set up a company under the name of "Invincible Tours" from his money, on his then business address, making him the President and sole shareholder of the company (what would require his signature on some of the documents) could be hardly interpreted differently than that at one point he agreed to tour for the Invincible album.

I can list you dozens of MJ projects that MJ never talked about but there is clear evidence that he was working on.

With the AEG/MJ contract I did not reflect on him agreeing to do 50 shows in London, but that from the beginning he planned to tour multiple cities.

And here is a list of the tours in 2002 (that includes Jon Bon Jovi, U2, Pink, Billy Idol, etc): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._concert_tours

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeslieMJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 979 Posts

I think the 1993 lies really mess him up. michael was still very popular in the 90's and early 2000's but the lies. smh. michael never liked touring in the first place. the bad tour was suppose to be his last tour. michael loved his fans all around the world. so he decided to tour for us in reality he didn't have to.

when this is it was announce tickets sold out. the world still loved Michael and was missing him. but due to Michael health and the fact he was 50 he should of done 10 shows like he asked for. i mean Michael probably would have died on stage while touring.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Michael was going to tour all over the world after the London shows and the tour was going to last between 3-5 years. He was even going to perform on the Super Bowl again. This was confirmed by Michael Prince.
    a big no-no in my opinion.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.