Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The perception of Michael within the USA from the 90's -2009

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieMJ View Post
    Having MJ's accountant set up a company under the name of "Invincible Tours" from his money, on his then business address, making him the President and sole shareholder of the company (what would require his signature on some of the documents) could be hardly interpreted differently than that at one point he agreed to tour for the Invincible album.

I can list you dozens of MJ projects that MJ never talked about but there is clear evidence that he was working on.

With the AEG/MJ contract I did not reflect on him agreeing to do 50 shows in London, but that from the beginning he planned to tour multiple cities.

And here is a list of the tours in 2002 (that includes Jon Bon Jovi, U2, Pink, Billy Idol, etc): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._concert_tours
    Barry Siegel (who was preparing these documents about a planned ‘Invincible’ Tour) was apparently acting in the interest of Sony, and Sony was forcing Michael Jackson to tour for the ‘Invincible’ album.

In reality, Michael Jackson never expressed any desire to tour at that time for that album.

At every given opportunity, he publicly stated that he did not want to, or that he did not agree to tour for that album.

Here is what Michael Jackson also stated about that during the Rick Dees Halloween 2003 Radio Interview:

Rick Dees: “Any word on whether you're gonna put together a tour for 2003 or is it too early to tell.

Michael Jackson: “Yeah, I really don't… I don't know myself now. No I don’t think so, we're really concentrating on other areas now.

Or, what he stated about touring generally, some years earlier:

…I love to entertain, but I don't like the system of touring. You're jet-lagged. You're sleepy on stage. I don't know where I am half the time. I may not tour again. Ever.” (Michael Jackson, Life Magazine Interview, 1997)

Also, Michael Durham Prince talked about an ‘Invincible’ Tour which was supposedly meant to start in spring of 2002, but at that point Sony had already ended any promotion for that album.

And we should keep in mind that Michael Jackson was often being manipulated when it came to such matters (when, for example, they wanted to get his signature), just like AEG Live’s document that has his signature on it about him doing 50 London shows, when in fact he never agreed to do those 50 London shows.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Barry Siegel (who was preparing these documents about a planned ‘Invincible’ Tour) was apparently acting in the interest of Sony, and Sony was forcing Michael Jackson to tour for the ‘Invincible’ album.

In reality, Michael Jackson never expressed any desire to tour at that time for that album.

At every given opportunity, he publicly stated that he did not want to, or that he did not agree to tour for that album.

Here is what Michael Jackson also stated about that during the Rick Dees Halloween 2003 Radio Interview:

Rick Dees: “Any word on whether you're gonna put together a tour for 2003 or is it too early to tell.

Michael Jackson: “Yeah, I really don't… I don't know myself now. No I don’t think so, we're really concentrating on other areas now.

Or, what he stated about touring generally, some years earlier:

…I love to entertain, but I don't like the system of touring. You're jet-lagged. You're sleepy on stage. I don't know where I am half the time. I may not tour again. Ever.” (Michael Jackson, Life Magazine Interview, 1997)

Also, Michael Durham Prince talked about an ‘Invincible’ Tour which was supposedly meant to start in spring of 2002, but at that point Sony had already ended any promotion for that album.

And we should keep in mind that Michael Jackson was often being manipulated when it came to such matters (when, for example, they wanted to get his signature), just like AEG Live’s document that has his signature on it about him doing 50 London shows, when in fact he never agreed to do those 50 London shows.
    Even if he had no desire to tour, he did agree to it. Just like how he may have had no desire to tour for Dangerous and HIStory, he still did it.

I feel like we may have drifted away from the actual topic of the thread.
    Last edited by Hudson112; 19-09-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    a big no-no in my opinion.
    Well, that’s what the plan was.

He agreed to do the tour in 2001 when Sony were still promoting Invincible.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson was conscious of the extent of his health problems at the time, which was another reason for him that he did not agree to embark on a gruelling, world tour for the 'Invincible' album.

After the HIStory Tour ended, his doctors were very concerned about his health condition and they were advising him against plans for a new touring.

Michael Jackson took their medical advices very seriously, and he decided to eventually put an end to plans for new tours.

Here is what he also confessed to Cory Rooney in the early ‘00s about touring:

...Cory, I can’t tour anymore. I’m not gonna tour anymore. Ok? Because it will kill me … Well, remember when I was preparing for my concert and I passed out at the Sony Studio? Well, it’s because when I get ready for a tour I get dehydrated. I don’t eat. I don’t drink. I don’t sleep. I put so much of myself into preparing for a tour … I’ll do albums till I can’t do it anymore, but I just can’t tour…” (Michael Jackson)

Michael Jackson went on revealing to Cory Rooney that he wanted to make the ‘Invincible’ album work to the point where that was it, meaning he has done with the tour.

Take a look, for example, at the way he was entering Madison Square Garden (in company with Elizabeth Taylor) for his first show in 2001, where he was so fragile and ill that he was hobbling to the entrance and he was on the verge of collapsing.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 535 Posts

Michael Jackson was conscious of the extent of his health problems at the time, which was another reason for him that he did not agree to embark on a gruelling, world tour for the 'Invincible' album.

After the HIStory Tour ended, his doctors were very concerned about his health condition and they were advising him against plans for a new touring.

Michael Jackson took their medical advices very seriously, and he decided to eventually put an end to plans for new tours.

Here is what he also confessed to Cory Rooney in the early ‘00s about touring:

...Cory, I can’t tour anymore. I’m not gonna tour anymore. Ok? Because it will kill me … Well, remember when I was preparing for my concert and I passed out at the Sony Studio? Well, it’s because when I get ready for a tour I get dehydrated. I don’t eat. I don’t drink. I don’t sleep. I put so much of myself into preparing for a tour … I’ll do albums till I can’t do it anymore, but I just can’t tour…” (Michael Jackson)
    The concert in the Sony studio Michael talks about here is the cancelled HBO 'One Night Only'.

In a recent other thread tabloid trash fan mj_frency eagerly claimed that Michael FAKED the breakdown during rehearsals for that concert for sympathy.

Now the same tabloid trash fan mj_frency brings up Michael's quote about this same breakdown incident, in context of explaining why Michael didn't want to tour anymore, saying that Michael was "conscious of the extent of his health problems".

Ups. So what is it, tabloid junkie... fake or health problems with consequences?

Take a look, for example, at the way he was entering Madison Square Garden (in company with Elizabeth Taylor) for his first show in 2001, where he was so fragile and ill that he was hobbling to the entrance and he was on the verge of collapsing.
    Tabloid trash fan mj_frency needs to get some new glasses. The only time that Michael wasn't exactly "fragile" looking, and had visibly gained a bit of extra weight, were exactly those early 00 years.

On that evening with Liz Taylor basically carrying him over the red carpet he looked more like he was sedated, speaking very slurry when answering reporters questions etc. Didn't tabloid trash fan mj_frency already come all over that in some other thread?
    Last edited by Electro; 24-09-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

MJ was at his heaviest in 2001-early 2003, If you watch American Bandstand Dangerous performance in April of 2002, he's at his heaviest.

It's all about L. O. V. E

7. The Following User Says Thank You to issabreakofdawn For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by issabreakofdawn View Post
    MJ was at his heaviest in 2001-early 2003, If you watch American Bandstand Dangerous performance in April of 2002, he's at his heaviest.

What do you mean by heaviest?

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Effect View Post
    What do you mean by heaviest?
    Heaviest in his life, which nothing wrong with that, he looked good, he wasn't touring and had kids, thats all (not body shaming ha)
    It's all about L. O. V. E

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by issabreakofdawn View Post

Don't forget that he was also 44, that's quite natural to gain some weight at this age.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to michael555 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 535 Posts

All good with a bit of extra weight.

issabreakofdawn only posted that video to show that Michael was not "fragile" during those early 00 years, as a certain confused someone claimed a few posts up in this thread.
    Last edited by Electro; 24-09-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,630 Posts

I think MJ looked better and more healthy with some extra weight.

At times MJ was waaay too thin. - During TII he was a little thin and fragile to look at at times.

But stress, not eating, not sleeping, rehearsing etc. sure was hard for him.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I remember a conversation with a friend in 2000 and that he was adamant in his belief that Michael was not a songwriter, didn't compose any of his songs. I don't know if that is representative of the general perception of Michael in the US (in terms of reducing Michael to being an entertainer), but I was quite shocked that it wasn't common knowledge that Michael was a musical genius.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wednesday For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 974 Posts

Michael did gain some weight which is good. hahahaha michael was a picky eater and he was always slim. even michael said one time that he knows that he is skinny as a stick or something like that.

but like all of us we tend to cheat ourselves eating too much sweets and junk food.

michael said when he dance he lost weight. so that's good source of exercise.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Have to agree Michael Prince is not a good source of info. His memory is incredibly sketchy. Mj was never going to tour Invincible. There were never any plans to tour again after History. He wanted to do specials and one night only type things. There are many sources for this but I can't be assed to find them hahaha.

For ir Number Ones in 2003 he was looking into some one night only type things in Europe at first but any plans fell through by the time the album came out. His team had gotten wind of impending charges by the Arvizos by the time the album came out so promo was scrapped. Hence a last minute attempt at filming a video (usually a video is shot in advance, we all know that. Not on the week the single comes out)

Mitigating circs were the only reason for TII. We all know he did not want to do those shows. Sadly he had to go back to work

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rumandraisin View Post
    Have to agree Michael Prince is not a good source of info. His memory is incredibly sketchy. Mj was never going to tour Invincible. There were never any plans to tour again after History. He wanted to do specials and one night only type things. There are many sources for this but I can't be assed to find them hahaha.

For ir Number Ones in 2003 he was looking into some one night only type things in Europe at first but any plans fell through by the time the album came out. His team had gotten wind of impending charges by the Arvizos by the time the album came out so promo was scrapped. Hence a last minute attempt at filming a video (usually a video is shot in advance, we all know that. Not on the week the single comes out)

Mitigating circs were the only reason for TII. We all know he did not want to do those shows. Sadly he had to go back to work
    His efforts in 2003 (before the scandal) focused mainly on rehabilitating his image via certain public events, such as the planned ones with Nelson Mandela, and also with the American boxer Muhammad Ali.

An interesting thing about the ‘One More Chance’ music video is that Michael Jackson was not happy with its concept.

As his then-manager Dieter Wiesner revealed, Michael Jackson did not really like the simple concept of the ‘One More Chance’ music video and also he was annoyed by the fact that, unlike his previous music videos, the record company this time did not invest a lot of money in its making.

When he arrived to shoot his parts, he also found the set of that music video very similar to his ‘Smooth Criminal’ music video concept, which annoyed him as well.