Off The Wall First Edition CD USA

Emptyspotlight

Proud Member
Which is the first edition of The US release of off the Wall on CD that has no hand claps in rock with you?

I've been trying to hunt one down but don't know which one is the one.

I didn't know there was a CD version with those mixes. I thought they were only on the early pressing of the vinyl (with the orange Epic label) and the 8-track tape.

I do know there is a version from Japan on CD that does have the original mix of rock with you, the Japanese 258P edition, so I'm not sure if a US one was ever made.

I did find one in a record store, on CD but looking on discogs it doesn't mention if it has the original mixes or not.

(I do know it's easier to find a first edition of bad with the original mixes which I do have)

Last edited:
Is it only Rock With You that is different on this early version?

It takes really insensitive ears to be not aware of missing claps in the chorus of original mix of Rock With You, as they are as prominent as they can! However Get On The Floor is less so
You can always find original mix of Rock With You in Deluxe UK or Deluxe French edition of King Of Pop, but the Get On The Floor one is exclusive to a rare Japanese pressing (I mean on CD)

but the Get On The Floor one is exclusive to a rare Japanese pressing (I mean on CD)

It's not exclusive to only that CD. You can find it on the UK CD Single of Liberian Girl too...

If you find an US Off the wall cd that looks like this on the back, it should be with the original mixes! On the back it states manufactured in Japan. A second option is to look online for the early 90's reissue in japan. Those aren't that expensive like the first Japanese pressing. I got mine for $25 on discogs

I just saw your Twitter post, excellent guide there's a copy for sale and it isn't that one. Glad i didn't buy it

Last edited:
Back