Thread: Cat Glover (Prince Affiliate) recounts Prince and Michael encounters

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,105 Posts

Default Cat Glover (Prince Affiliate) recounts Prince and Michael encounters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09x6YlSVvs

Well. Imma start of by saying that this is what i always suspected. They were friends. Maybe not best friends but they still were friends and had a great deal of respect for eachother. Now with that being said, why was prince so disrespectful to him? This has got to do with some deep rooted insecurity right? Or maybe that's just the way prince joked. The mirror hearts story that Cat recounts just sounds a bit mean hearted imo. Then we have the Ping pong game when he smashed the ball on michaels crotch and gleefully joking saying to those people watching that he "played like helen keller". In all honesty I just chalked this up to their age at the moment because they still had a rivalry going on in a way but even in their 50's when MJ came to see him play in Las Vegas he played the Bass in front of his face. Again maybe this is the way Prince was but that was really childish behavior.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,020 Posts

Default Re: Cat Glover (Prince Affiliate) recounts Prince and Michael encounters

"Michael Jackson and Prince had mutual RESPECT for each other." I LOVE hearing that.
    THANKS, FOR SHARING.
    God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CherubimII For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Cat Glover (Prince Affiliate) recounts Prince and Michael encounters

I think it was already well established by now they were actually friends. They probably started the whole "competition" thing between themselves deliberately.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

The competion between Michael Jackson and Prince was built by the media. That's all.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09x6YlSVvs

Well. Imma start of by saying that this is what i always suspected. They were friends. Maybe not best friends but they still were friends and had a great deal of respect for eachother. Now with that being said, why was prince so disrespectful to him? This has got to do with some deep rooted insecurity right? Or maybe that's just the way prince joked. The mirror hearts story that Cat recounts just sounds a bit mean hearted imo. Then we have the Ping pong game when he smashed the ball on michaels crotch and gleefully joking saying to those people watching that he "played like helen keller". In all honesty I just chalked this up to their age at the moment because they still had a rivalry going on in a way but even in their 50's when MJ came to see him play in Las Vegas he played the Bass in front of his face. Again maybe this is the way Prince was but that was really childish behavior.
    Part of the reason for that is that Prince envied the success of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ album.

American producer Ted Templeman recently made that revelation.

After the release of his ‘1999’ album (in 1982), Prince visited Ted Templeman and he asked him for some advice.

In that meeting, Prince asked Ted Templeman how to knock Michael Jackson from the top, chart position:

I have to find a way to knock Michael out of the No. 1 spot” (Prince)

Ted Templeman then suggested to Prince that he should borrow Quincy Jones, because Quincy Jones had his finger on the pulse of the R&B and pop marketplace, and so he was the exact right guy to produce Prince’s next album.

Prince began to yell and dismissed that idea and he eventually left the room still feeling envy of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ album.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Anyone know if this is a real photo of MJ and Prince, or photoshopped?

Are there any more pics out there?
    Stay away from strangers So I won't slack
    And I know my hitta Mike like that, Baby

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mthalen View Post

This is a fake picture. There are no pictures (available) of Prince and MJ together.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    This is a fake picture. There are no pictures (available) of Prince and MJ together.
    Ah too Bad ☹️
    Stay away from strangers So I won't slack
    And I know my hitta Mike like that, Baby

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,109 Posts

That picture above is not even the same time period. The Prince part looks like the Diamonds And Pearls era, so 1991 or 1992. Prince had Frank DiLeo as a manager for that album & tour. I think Madonna worked with Frank too. At the time I think Diamonds And Pearls was Prince's biggest selling album since Purple Rain.

If someone was trying to fake a picture, then they should of used a Prince photo from around the 1999 album. That would be around the same time as the Mike photo.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

The Michael picture is from February 5th 1984. On this day he made his first public appearance since his burn injury and he visited the L.A. zoo with Emanuel Lewis:

And the Prince one is from September 5th 1991. Prince was attending the MTV Video Music Awards:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    That picture above is not even the same time period. The Prince part looks like the Diamonds And Pearls era, so 1991 or 1992. Prince had Frank DiLeo as a manager for that album & tour. I think Madonna worked with Frank too. At the time I think Diamonds And Pearls was Prince's biggest selling album since Purple Rain.

If someone was trying to fake a picture, then they should of used a Prince photo from around the 1999 album. That would be around the same time as the Mike photo.
    I never knew Frank was Prince's manager for that era. Speaking about Frank, why did Michael and him part ways in 89? I have always wondered why he would he would break up something that has been proven time and time again to be a successful formula. There is an interesting article from LA times in 89 about the break up and this tidbit was very interesting

"So why the sudden departure? “It may sound a little harsh, but Frank’s usefulness to Michael was probably over,” said a key industry player who insisted on anonymity. “If Michael is giving up concerts and aiming more for movies, Frank was no longer so necessary. Dileo is a great record man, but movies aren’t his area of expertise.”

A former Jackson associate added: “I think Michael became a little disenchanted when it became obvious that ‘Bad’ wasn’t going to outsell ‘Thriller,’ or even become the No. 2 album of all time. There’s also been a lot of infighting between different factions in Michael’s camp during the past year--and Frank obviously lost."

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Frank Dileo, in one of his final interviews, spoke about the actual reason regarding the cause of his break-up with Michael Jackson.

There were certain people who wanted to remove both Frank Dileo and Walter Yetnikoff from Michael Jackson's camp, and then to gain control over his business affairs (in the place of these two men):

There was one or two record executives, and a lawyer, possibly two lawyers, that sort of needed me to get out of the way, so that they had more control with Michael. And it also was a way for them to get rid of [Walter] Yetnikoff, who had a lot of power and was my friend … Unfortunately, they talked Michael into it by promising him - now this is according to Michael, and I believe this - by promising him that if he fired me and hired Sandy Gallin, that he’d be able to make movies in Hollywood. Now the truth be told, Michael never made a movie. The only movie he’s ever made was with me, and that was Moonwalker” (Frank Dileo)

It was also reported on press at that time (right after the break-up) that the main reason was because Frank Dileo did not manage to get a US theatrical release of the ‘Moonwalker’ film (and instead it was only released on home video in US and Canada).

Michael Jackson viewed that as a huge business failure and he put the blame on his manager Frank Dileo for not promoting the ‘Moonwalker’ film properly.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Course not, that is Prince during Diamonds and Pearls era and that is Thriller Era Michael. As far as I know, there are no P and Mike shots.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mthalen View Post

Course not, that is Prince during Diamonds and Pearls era and that is Thriller Era Michael. As far as I know, there are no P and Mike shots.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 981 Posts

Prince was mean. >_< may they both r.i.p

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.