Cat Glover (Prince Affiliate) recounts Prince and Michael encounters

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09x6YlSVvs

Well. Imma start of by saying that this is what i always suspected. They were friends. Maybe not best friends but they still were friends and had a great deal of respect for eachother. Now with that being said, why was prince so disrespectful to him? This has got to do with some deep rooted insecurity right? Or maybe that's just the way prince joked. The mirror hearts story that Cat recounts just sounds a bit mean hearted imo. Then we have the Ping pong game when he smashed the ball on michaels crotch and gleefully joking saying to those people watching that he "played like helen keller". In all honesty I just chalked this up to their age at the moment because they still had a rivalry going on in a way but even in their 50's when MJ came to see him play in Las Vegas he played the Bass in front of his face. Again maybe this is the way Prince was but that was really childish behavior.

"Michael Jackson and Prince had mutual RESPECT for each other." I LOVE hearing that. :cool:
THANKS, FOR SHARING. :flowers::flowers:

I think it was already well established by now they were actually friends. They probably started the whole "competition" thing between themselves deliberately.

The competion between Michael Jackson and Prince was built by the media. That's all.

Themidwestcowboy;4304825 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09x6YlSVvs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p09x6YlSVvs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well. Imma start of by saying that this is what i always suspected. They were friends. Maybe not best friends but they still were friends and had a great deal of respect for eachother. Now with that being said, why was prince so disrespectful to him? This has got to do with some deep rooted insecurity right? Or maybe that's just the way prince joked. The mirror hearts story that Cat recounts just sounds a bit mean hearted imo. Then we have the Ping pong game when he smashed the ball on michaels crotch and gleefully joking saying to those people watching that he "played like helen keller". In all honesty I just chalked this up to their age at the moment because they still had a rivalry going on in a way but even in their 50's when MJ came to see him play in Las Vegas he played the Bass in front of his face. Again maybe this is the way Prince was but that was really childish behavior.

Part of the reason for that is that Prince envied the success of Michael Jackson&#8217;s &#8216;Thriller&#8217; album.

American producer Ted Templeman recently made that revelation.

After the release of his &#8216;1999&#8217; album (in 1982), Prince visited Ted Templeman and he asked him for some advice.

In that meeting, Prince asked Ted Templeman how to knock Michael Jackson from the top, chart position:

&#8220;I have to find a way to knock Michael out of the No. 1 spot&#8221; (Prince)

Ted Templeman then suggested to Prince that he should borrow Quincy Jones, because Quincy Jones had his finger on the pulse of the R&B and pop marketplace, and so he was the exact right guy to produce Prince&#8217;s next album.

Prince began to yell and dismissed that idea and he eventually left the room still feeling envy of Michael Jackson&#8217;s &#8216;Thriller&#8217; album.

Anyone know if this is a real photo of MJ and Prince, or photoshopped?
prince-michael-2.jpg

Are there any more pics out there?

That picture above is not even the same time period. The Prince part looks like the Diamonds And Pearls era, so 1991 or 1992. Prince had Frank DiLeo as a manager for that album & tour. I think Madonna worked with Frank too. At the time I think Diamonds And Pearls was Prince's biggest selling album since Purple Rain.

If someone was trying to fake a picture, then they should of used a Prince photo from around the 1999 album. That would be around the same time as the Mike photo.

The Michael picture is from February 5th 1984. On this day he made his first public appearance since his burn injury and he visited the L.A. zoo with Emanuel Lewis:

1984.jpg

And the Prince one is from September 5th 1991. Prince was attending the MTV Video Music Awards:

ed373eb9bdbbb488e1ef26d5e3a5f8c3.jpg

DuranDuran;4305550 said:
That picture above is not even the same time period. The Prince part looks like the Diamonds And Pearls era, so 1991 or 1992. Prince had Frank DiLeo as a manager for that album & tour. I think Madonna worked with Frank too. At the time I think Diamonds And Pearls was Prince's biggest selling album since Purple Rain.

If someone was trying to fake a picture, then they should of used a Prince photo from around the 1999 album. That would be around the same time as the Mike photo.

I never knew Frank was Prince's manager for that era. Speaking about Frank, why did Michael and him part ways in 89? I have always wondered why he would he would break up something that has been proven time and time again to be a successful formula. There is an interesting article from LA times in 89 about the break up and this tidbit was very interesting

"So why the sudden departure? &#8220;It may sound a little harsh, but Frank&#8217;s usefulness to Michael was probably over,&#8221; said a key industry player who insisted on anonymity. &#8220;If Michael is giving up concerts and aiming more for movies, Frank was no longer so necessary. Dileo is a great record man, but movies aren&#8217;t his area of expertise.&#8221;

A former Jackson associate added: &#8220;I think Michael became a little disenchanted when it became obvious that &#8216;Bad&#8217; wasn&#8217;t going to outsell &#8216;Thriller,&#8217; or even become the No. 2 album of all time. There&#8217;s also been a lot of infighting between different factions in Michael&#8217;s camp during the past year--and Frank obviously lost."

Frank Dileo, in one of his final interviews, spoke about the actual reason regarding the cause of his break-up with Michael Jackson.

There were certain people who wanted to remove both Frank Dileo and Walter Yetnikoff from Michael Jackson's camp, and then to gain control over his business affairs (in the place of these two men):

&#8220;There was one or two record executives, and a lawyer, possibly two lawyers, that sort of needed me to get out of the way, so that they had more control with Michael. And it also was a way for them to get rid of [Walter] Yetnikoff, who had a lot of power and was my friend &#8230; Unfortunately, they talked Michael into it by promising him - now this is according to Michael, and I believe this - by promising him that if he fired me and hired Sandy Gallin, that he&#8217;d be able to make movies in Hollywood. Now the truth be told, Michael never made a movie. The only movie he&#8217;s ever made was with me, and that was Moonwalker&#8221; (Frank Dileo)

It was also reported on press at that time (right after the break-up) that the main reason was because Frank Dileo did not manage to get a US theatrical release of the &#8216;Moonwalker&#8217; film (and instead it was only released on home video in US and Canada).

Michael Jackson viewed that as a huge business failure and he put the blame on his manager Frank Dileo for not promoting the &#8216;Moonwalker&#8217; film properly.

Course not, that is Prince during Diamonds and Pearls era and that is Thriller Era Michael. As far as I know, there are no P and Mike shots.

Anyone know if this is a real photo of MJ and Prince, or photoshopped?
prince-michael-2.jpg

Are there any more pics out there?

Course not, that is Prince during Diamonds and Pearls era and that is Thriller Era Michael. As far as I know, there are no P and Mike shots.

Back