I wonder if we are ever going to see the Man in the Mirror performance from United We Stand (2001)

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
I wonder if we are ever going to see video of the Man in the Mirror performance from United We Stand concert? I wonder if the Estate has the footage. Would be great if they uploaded it on Youtube or something at some point.

QYvNXr1.jpg

artworks-000083375285-hxbg9t-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:
He was on the crane?? This performance certainly looks and sounds breathtaking. It is the final performance of this amazing song, it must be seen. Why wasn't it broadcasted on ABC?

Why wasn't it broadcasted on ABC?

I believe it was an exclusivity deal with whatever company aired the 30th Anniversary Shows that prevented this performance being shown.

But I agree, this is must see stuff imo, up there with the rest of the 2002 Apollo show (his last concert!)

I believe it was an exclusivity deal with whatever company aired the 30th Anniversary Shows that prevented this performance being shown.

But I agree, this is must see stuff imo, up there with the rest of the 2002 Apollo show (his last concert!)
*Sigh*

I still don't understand why these last performances are hidden away from the public. Even if they are to be substandard, they are still the final performances he ever held besides the 2001 concerts in New York.

This is one of the performances I want to see the most cuz of how exclusive and rare it is, and reasons outlined above ^^ I don't think even private collectors or other sources may have this, only the Estate

Here’s what I don’t get. How can we have amateur footage of random Bad Tour concerts from way back in 1988 but not a single amateur recording of a concert that sold a reported 54,000 tickets in 2001? I believe someone must be holding out :D

Snek;4305055 said:
Here’s what I don’t get. How can we have amateur footage of random Bad Tour concerts from way back in 1988 but not a single amateur recording of a concert that sold a reported 54,000 tickets in 2001? I believe someone must be holding out :D
This made me laugh so hard. This world is such a mystery! Make it make sense! Like HOOOOOWWWWW??!!

I was at this concert and in that third picture I can see myself if I look hard enough!

If the 30th anniversary concerts are anything to go by...and based on that audio....Probably best I don't watch it. Love MJ but his vocals are not up to it there.

I don't care there is probably nothing that I haven't seen 20 times before during his tours, it is basically another well rehearsed mime fest.

JichaelMackson;4305095 said:
I don't care there is probably nothing that I haven't seen 20 times before during his tours, it is basically another well rehearsed mime fest.

Are you sure you’re a fan?

This is one of the performances I want to see the most cuz of how exclusive and rare it is, and reasons outlined above ^^ I don't think even private collectors or other sources may have this, only the Estate

Even then I doubt they have it. Clueless

Yeah this would be great to see. If the estate dont have it, buying the rights and sharing it on youtube wouldnt be that hard would it?

Maybe they should upload it to Youtube next year. It will be 20th anniversary of 9/11.

To me this may as well be the best of Michael’s late performances. I can distinguish that his energy and power kind of waned after that whole MJ and Friends thing, even in the solo section of the 30th anniversary concerts it somewhat shows. The performances in 2002 look ok at best, although I’d like to watch the little show he held at the Apollo Theater.

The entire MSG shows were lackluster at best even the live vocals sounded poor. Dancing was sluggish and slow. Not to mention sharing the stage with the likes of Nsync and Britney Spears. Trying to keep being relevant. There comes a time where one needs to accept the golden days are over. Michael should have stopped doing pop music after HIStory and do what he wanted to do, expand and grown as a musician or actor whatever it is that he had in mind.

And oh yes I am a fan but this is definitely the last time I ever going to answer that ridiculous question that's only being made (time and time again when I dare to say something negative) to wind me up.

JichaelMackson;4305137 said:
The entire MSG shows were lackluster at best even the live vocals sounded poor. Dancing was sluggish and slow. Not to mention sharing the stage with the likes of Nsync and Britney Spears. Trying to keep being relevant. There comes a time where one needs to accept the golden days are over. Michael should have stopped doing pop music after HIStory and do what he wanted to do, expand and grown as a musician or actor whatever it is that he had in mind.

And oh yes I am a fan but this is definitely the last time I ever going to answer that ridiculous question that's only being made (time and time again when I dare to say something negative) to wind me up.

I’m sorry, but I can’t believe I just read this. He was and proves to be still relevant. MJ is one of a kind.

IMWhizzle;4305150 said:
I’m sorry, but I can’t believe I just read this. He was and proves to be still relevant. MJ is one of a kind.

Me neither. Invincible at one point was outselling Thriller. “Needed to be relevant” my ass.

Regarding late performances, I just wanna watch these:

- Durban 97 (it may be a HIStory concert, but it has the last "live" performances of almost everything from WBSS to Smooth Criminal)
- HTW Bahamas 98 (does it even exist in full? Michael sung it fully live it seems)
- MITM United We Stand 01
- Apollo 02

dam2040;4305155 said:
Me neither. Invincible at one point was outselling Thriller. “Needed to be relevant” my ass.

Are you one of those people who are convinced "invincible" wasn't a flop? It left the charts all over the world within 2 months, it peaked high because MJ has a huge fanbase that go out in droves to buy an album in the first week (including myself) the general public was cold on the release. At that point Michael should have realized his time in the charts was over to pursue other career goals for example classical music, film music or quite simply do different genres.
So many artists reinvent themselves later on and revive their careers like that.
I believe MJ had to release pop albums to please his record company, they didn't give him room to be creative. A versatile talent like Michael should be given the freedom to explore his creativity. Invincible was a huge letdown in which he barely had a hand in the writing process.

He doesn't need to be relevant imo but I'm sure he wanted to keep being relevant (he was always very ambitious), but you don't stay relevant making pop albums for over 3 decades, you need to reinvent yourself.

Snek;4305055 said:

Why have I never thought of this before? It's really weird lol.

Invincible was suppose to come way before 2001. but i agree that michael trying to be relevant a bit. like others said in this thread he didn't need to he was fine like he was.

Michael trying to be hip. LOL!

The entire MSG shows were lackluster at best even the live vocals sounded poor. Dancing was sluggish and slow.
And what you expect from a very medicated person? :)

But even this, the MSG Billie Jean performance is my ultimate favourite... :)

Back