Thread: The Unfaithful and Irritating Editing of the 30th Anniversary Concerts

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 2,790 Posts

Default Re: The Unfaithful and Irritating Editing of the 30th Anniversary Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Better yet, they could put some Destiny and Triumph Tour footage in the Jacksons medley segment
    Or even better. They could throw in some Youtube clips of fans dancing while dressed like Michael. Everyone would be none the wiser.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The Unfaithful and Irritating Editing of the 30th Anniversary Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Or even better. They could throw in some Youtube clips of fans dancing while dressed like Michael. Everyone would be none the wiser.
    Yeah and they could also animate John Branca into the Beat It choreography

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketeer For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,002 Posts

Interesting thread. I've never actually watched the amateur recordings so I had no idea it was this badly edited. I wouldnt mind an official release edited properly this time.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Yeah and they could also animate John Branca into the Beat It choreography
    Actually, it's better to replace Michael's vocals with Branca's. Now that will earn commercial success.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

it could appear, that the estate is full of MJ haters.
    loool.

well. looking at their awful "releases" , it's actually true.
    MJ fan since 1991 <3

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 2,790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Effect View Post
    Actually, it's better to replace Michael's vocals with Branca's. Now that will earn commercial success.
    Having Branca on vocals might give them TOO much success. They better play it safe and get Jason Malachi instead

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,039 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    I wish we had HQ footage from the Triumph Tour. Such an underrated show/tour. In general, The Jacksons are very underrated even though they made some kick ass songs.
    Agreed. Michael and his brothers made some awesome songs during 1980-84. they need to be talk about more then just heartbreak hotel. we need all footage of all his tours with his brothers. if they can't give us his solo tours. i'll be happy with those too.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

In my opinion this concert wasn't the best but it was great to see him on stage one last time not to mention after the 9/11 attacks and with his brothers. it would of been nice to see it again before he left this earth.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snek View Post
    So Many Crowd Shots

This show has maybe the most cringe-inducing crowd shots of any MJ concert. Overly-excited bowl cut lady, dancing fat man, drunk bowl cut lady, the drunk singing trio, confused lady. Some of these are so bad I have to physically look away when they come up. The only redeeming crowd shots are the cameos from fans that you can spot at other previous concerts. Honestly, if you're gonna cut a show together like this, please have some discipline .
    Michael loved it to see his fans in the crowd it made him happy.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

It's true that they re-recorded J5 songs except I'll be there & Dancing Machine. In Can You Feel It, you can clearly hear that those "Let me hear you new york" and "I know you can do it" were live, but the actual singings were dubbed. Also in The Love You Save, the line "darling take it slow" was sung in falsetto in original melody in both concerts, but the official version it was sung in real voice, and the melody was changed lower, that's a clear evidence.

In TWYMMF intro, they substituted the entire verse into re-recorded audios, except "paint this town". The chorus was kept entirely live tho. In the main part of TWYMMF, the playback was playing and the mic was on too, MJ sometimes chose to sing along with the playback.

Also they removed quite a few parts. The end of Beat It was similar to previous tours, where all the instruments were played loudly together for a while, and then MJ jumped and the song ended with a pinkish firework. But in the official version, the pinkish firework ended right after the last line "It doesn't matter who's wrong or right".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GlenXoseph For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GlenXoseph View Post
    It's true that they re-recorded J5 songs except I'll be there & Dancing Machine. In Can You Feel It, you can clearly hear that those "Let me hear you new york" and "I know you can do it" were live, but the actual singings were dubbed. Also in The Love You Save, the line "darling take it slow" was sung in falsetto in original melody in both concerts, but the official version it was sung in real voice, and the melody was changed lower, that's a clear evidence.

In TWYMMF intro, they substituted the entire verse into re-recorded audios, except "paint this town". The chorus was kept entirely live tho. In the main part of TWYMMF, the playback was playing and the mic was on too, MJ sometimes chose to sing along with the playback.

Also they removed quite a few parts. The end of Beat It was similar to previous tours, where all the instruments were played loudly together for a while, and then MJ jumped and the song ended with a pinkish firework. But in the official version, the pinkish firework ended right after the last line "It doesn't matter who's wrong or right".
    Forgot about the Beat It outro too. It sucks that there were so many changes made to this concert that it's hard to keep track of them all! An extra 15 minutes would've went a long way here, but obviously the show was cut to fit a TV timeslot.
    Every day create your history.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Well they shouldve cut those singers no one hears of today

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    Well they shouldve cut those singers no one hears of today
    Especially those singers that were singing their own song.
    It's strange to hear when you expected to watch a tribute concert.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Especially "i will survive"

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camusn View Post
    30th Anniversary was not the best presence of Mike. He just looked tired and confused in both concert.
    The live experience must be terrible except for seeing him singing live with the Jacksons for the first time in decade. I think he would rather not to broadcast this concert if possible, yet it must be something related to the contract.
    He also looked very embarrassed on stage, when for example in the very beginning (in one of the two shows) he scratches his head right after removing his helmet (for the ‘Can You Feel It’ performance).

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson112 View Post
    Believe it or not, these concerts were reviewed by journalists who were there and if you go back and look at the reviews of the time, they are generally positive.
    In many cases journalists get free passes (by the organizers of the live shows) under the condition to write positive reviews about these shows.

This seems to be the case also with most of these journalists who were there in these two 2001 MSG shows.

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I'm surprised that Michael didn't do a Dangerous performance. He seemed to really love performing that one, and he even performed it on American Bandstand in 2002. 11 years after it was released
    It appears the reason is that the ‘Dangerous’ performance (with its dark lyrics, and its dark on stage concept where his back up dancers wear red, ‘bloody’ gloves) would not fit the celebratory mood of those 2001 MSG shows.