Project: CAPTAIN EO in BluRay / HD Digital Release

MJJExpert

Proud Member
Just a quick suggest for the Estate:
CAPTAIN EO can be easily restored from original films and sold in BluRay format. In addition, it can be broadcasted on Disney+ platform (even as "special content" to be purchased, like the lastest Mulan movie [but at lower price, of course]).

What do you think? Disney/Estate has all original sources and money to easily produce it. :innocent:

Re: project: CAPTAIN EO in BluRay / HD Digital Release

Disney don'tt want the MJ episode from Simpsons on Disney+ because of LN...

So no chance they will release it on Blu-Ray or put it on Disney+

So sad.

Lovely idea, and would be amazing; but I can't see Disney wanting to associate themselves closely with Michael right now sadly :(

However the decision to not have the Simpsons episode on Disney+ has nothing to do with Disney. That's down to the Simpsons producer James L Brooks want to remove it from all future releases.

If Disney wanted to add anything to their streaming service, I'd love to see the 1980 Disneyland 25th Anniversary special remastered. Then we'd get Michael's amazing rendition of When You Wish Upon A Start / Ease On Down The Road in 4K/High res!

Maybe in the future but not anytime soon due to LN. screw wade and james. :angry:

Putting Captain EO on Blu-Ray is sort of a waste, in my opinion. The entire film's around 20 minutes; even with behind-the-scenes features, that's not worth the standard price of a Blu-Ray. I'd rather the Estate include it on an eventual Blu-Ray set of Michael's short films (alongside the full version of Ghosts), or just put it online.

But even so, I highly doubt Disney is keen to associate with Michael right now. Maybe in the future.

Putting Captain EO on Blu-Ray is sort of a waste, in my opinion. The entire film's around 20 minutes; even with behind-the-scenes features, that's not worth the standard price of a Blu-Ray. I'd rather the Estate include it on an eventual Blu-Ray set of Michael's short films (alongside the full version of Ghosts), or just put it online.

LOL! i agree. they probably would have to put EO on the app.

But even so, I highly doubt Disney is keen to associate with Michael right now. Maybe in the future.
I agree & if they're still feeling that way about that bs then they should give the estate whatever mj material they have. Why let it go to waste like them. I remember before YouTube...i had never been to Disneyland so all i saw was posters of captain eo & i was so excited to see it & i can't even remember the 1st time i saw it but i know the quality it's very unwatchable now compared to some out there. But even tho it was 20 something years old at the time was like a world premiere for me. If i aint seen it, it's new to me

Disney owns Captain EO but they don't own Michael Jackson. if disney don't want it anymore they can just give to the MJ estate. they already got sue one time for using EO without asking MJ estate.

if people don't want michael on their platform anymore give to the estate even though the estate is crappy.

I would love this. The film was already in brilliant quality/remastered for the tribute after 2009.
Hope it happens as a gift set with miniature space ship, making of, new making of, rough cut, artworks,...

Hope it happens as a gift set with miniature space ship, making of, new making of, rough cut, artworks,...

I like that idea. or maybe a mini captain eo figure because i don't michael ever got himself as captain eo as a figure. :)

I am still hoping for them to releae a bluray with MJs short films. Just even call it "MJ - King of Short Films.

Including restored versions of...

-Thriller
-Captain EO
-Ghosts
-BAD
-Smooth Criminal
-Black or White
-Remember the Time

And then some Behind the Scenes footage. Maybe some live footage from film. A vew songs since they wont / cant give us a full show from film reels.
I dont know. This is just me dreaming.

(Also, I do wish they would restore ALL of MJs short films, but I could work with this release for a few years.)

This is not news

This is not news

This section is called Michael Jackson News And Discussion so it doesn't have to be news. The thread title could be better though.

Hess;4305669 said:
Disney don'tt want the MJ episode from Simpsons on Disney+ because of LN...

So no chance they will release it on Blu-Ray or put it on Disney+

So sad.

That’s why I boycotted both “The Simpsons” and Disney+, they can screw themselves for all I care. They screw themselves to hell!:angry:

I really dont care for a release of Captain EO either but would love for the short films beeing remastered and released on bluray.
The BAD short film clip on BAD25 shows how good it can look,its amazing there.

If we ever get captain eo it should be with a short films release. they can like do what they did back in 2010 i think with putting all the short films on dvd which was kind of a fail because the short films wasn't HQ.

if they don't it. at least the fans can.

Dream on. We haven’t had a proper release of anything since Xscape. LN or not this is way too long on a new release. We have been patiently waiting long enough. Do something already...

I mean if Disney had some cahonas they would release it on Disney +. Simpsons don't speak for all.

Like Always said - a stand-alone EO release on Blu-Ray doesn't make sense. - Even with a lot of extra materiale.

If they release Thriller 4K and Ghosts - they could add it as a bonus.

Or if they ever release his musicvideos in HQ they can add it there. - or simply put it on thier official MJ youtube account.

If they release Thriller 4K and Ghosts - they could add it as a bonus.

Or if they ever release his musicvideos in HQ they can add it there. - or simply put it on thier official MJ youtube account.

I like that idea. many fans want thriller and ghosts together. if they can't give it to us on blu- ray they can at least put it on their youtube channel. though they can make more money on by putting on blu-ray first.

I think it would be a good idea to start a petition for captain eo and the simpsons episode if enough people sign it’ll show Disney people want it in the service.

I would love this. The film was already in brilliant quality/remastered for the tribute after 2009.

If the estate were releasing it, it would come with make your own astronaut food or something.

LOL! well at least the kids will enjoy. i really think the estate trying to target the younger fans BUT they forgive to realize Michael was everyone not just one age group etc.

yes Michael was very childlike but he knew how to entrain for all of us to enjoy.

If the estate were releasing it, it would come with make your own astronaut food or something.

Remember the sausages, eggs and bananas all over captain eo after the ship crashes? :)

NatureCriminal7896;4305816 said:
LOL! well at least the kids will enjoy. i really think the estate trying to target the younger fans BUT they forgive to realize Michael was everyone not just one age group etc.

yes Michael was very childlike but he knew how to entrain for all of us to enjoy.

I’m not sure the estate is targeting anyone. In order to do that you have to release something. I’m being sarcastic by the way🤣

...but you can add ANOTHER PART OF ME (official version + Spike Lee's remastered version) on that bluray. It could be a "test press" of the all-short-film BluRay release...

...but you can add ANOTHER PART OF ME (official version + Spike Lee's remastered version) on that bluray. It could be a "test press" of the all-short-film BluRay release...
I'd rather they put the full version of APOM that was in Captain EO as a bonus

I agree. Is blu-ray even still a thing, because there is literally NO ONE in my circle (family, friends, colleagues, etc.) who use blu-ray??

The full version of Ghosts definitely needs to be released in some format for the entire world to discover, re-discover and appreciate. I have always had hopes that it would be a global theatre release - perhaps a double feature of Ghosts and Thriller 3D for Halloween, etc.

The full version of Ghosts definitely needs to be released in some format for the entire world to discover, re-discover and appreciate. I have always had hopes that it would be a global theatre release - perhaps a double feature of Ghosts and Thriller 3D for Halloween, etc.

I agree about Ghosts.

Maybe what they could do if they ever wanted to release Captain EO is have like a "Disney Parks 3D Classics" with Captain EO and "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience".

People still use blu-ray. it may not be as mainstream but people still use it. i still use it.

Back