Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Known and Unknown Facts About MJ Thread

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,171 Posts

Default Re: Known and Unknown Facts About MJ Thread

i didn't know the girl is mine was that deep. danggggggg.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

One of michael favorite tofu dishes was tofu hamburger/hamburg steak.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Cry was released on December 4, 2001

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

“The Girl is Mine,” Michael’s duet with Paul McCartney from Thriller reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 on January 8, 1983 This is Michael’s drawing that accompanied the liner notes in the LP of Thriller.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Michael wrote Billie Jean & recorded it in just one session. He won 1983 Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues Vocal Performance & Song for Billie Jean. It was the 1st video by a black artist to get regular airplay on the MTV channel, which debuted March 1983.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Dec 6, 1996 Michael headed to the Philippines, where he played Santa and handed out Christmas presents to over 300 orphans.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

December 1983 The 'Michael Jackson Suite' at the Hotel Royal Plaza in Florida's Disney World opens. The suite, which can be rented if not occupied by Michael himself, houses many of his awards, including Grammy's and American Music Awards.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

December 1984 Michael visits Steven Spielberg on the set of The Goonies movie and befriends the young actor Corey Feldman.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

8 months after his 1996 HIStory World Tour stop in Warsaw, Michael visited the capital of Poland once again. He planned to finance and build an amusement park in Warsaw - "Family Theme Park", and was looking for a place for his European residence.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

On May 27, 1997, the singer’s private jet landed at Okecie International Airport, right where he had landed a few months earlier. First thing he saw at the airport, apart from a lot of fans, were dancing children from the Varsovia group. Shortly after his arrival, Michael took a helicopter to his first stop of the visit - Wilanow (town about ten kilometers south of Warsaw) to see the Palace in Wilanow. Professor Marek Kwiatkowski, art historian, gives him a tour of the Palace. He later admitted that he was impressed by the King of Pop’s interest in Polish history .Michael then went to Stefan Batory's High School in central Warsaw, one of the most prestigious schools in Poland, founded in 1918. He appeared on the balcony of a large hall, and was cheered by the students.

Near to the school is The Palace on the Water, within the Lazienki Park. Starting point of the royal road which connects it to the Wilanow Palace. Surrounded by young Marielle and Professor Marek Kwiatkowski, he signs the guestbook, and tours the Palace. Then he makes an appearance in an Orphanage to give away some gifts. In the evening, Michael attends, along with Professor Marek Kwiatkowski and Mayor Marcin Swiecicki, a Chopin recital by pianist Bart Kominek at the Stanislas Theater. He gave a speech:"I am deeply touched and honored. Poland is such a beautiful place in my eyes and you are very sensitive and honorable people. I would really like to live here. I would like to organize a "Children's Day" here, a holiday not only for children but also for parents.

He also announces his reason for coming back to Poland, his family theme park project in Warsaw, intended to entertain not only Poles but also Europeans. Next day (May 28) starts with a stop at the presidential palace where Michael is received by the first lady. In his quest for a residence in Poland, the singer then visits the luxury Hotel Bristol. Price for the hotel ended up being to high. He then went to the Warsaw City Hall where he signed a “preliminary letter of intent” to develop a "Michael Jackson’s Family Entertainment Park", here in the Polish capital.

“My dream is to appeal to the child that lives in the heart of every man and woman on this planet and to create something in Poland that is so unique and so unusual that it cannot be experienced in any other place.” Jackson said. The letter mentioned no price, but Jackson’s business manager, Tarak Ben Ammar, said in an interview that estimates of Jackson’s contribution range between $100 million and $300 million--modest sums by Western theme park standards. Poland would add an unknown amount. "I would also like to tell a great truth, I have traveled all over the world six times and have been everywhere, but nowhere I liked it more than in Poland. A visit to Poland is the fulfillment of my childhood dreams...." Before leaving the Polish capital, Michael goes to children's hospital, with his arms loaded with gifts.

Then he took a helicopter to Lubiaz, in order to see Cistercian Abbey of Lubiaz, wich he also planned to purchase. Accompanied by Professor Marek Kwiatkowski who will guide him during his visit, Michael spends 45 minutes marveling at the Baroque architecture and the relics. He'll even try a little "heehee" in the middle of the Hall des Princes to test the acoustics! Michael who wanted to settle in Poland, already saw himself owning this old building, despite the millions of dollars in restoration to be expected. In the evening, then Michael flies to Bremen, Germany where three days later, he will give the first concert of the second part of the HIStory Tour.

So why didn't the Theme Park construction work out?

The airport was used by the Ministry of National Defense. Unfortunately they refused usage of this land, claiming that it was an absolutely necessary airport as a backup for Okęcie.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Dec 7, 1996. In Manila Michael visited Paranaque Community children's hospital. After meeting with staff, patients & their families, he announced that a part of his concert earnings will be donated to renovate the hospital.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

December 6th, 1989 Michael award was presented during his surprise appearance at the Arsene Hall Show to present Eddie Murphy with the MTV Comedy Award. Michael received the most nominations and Thriller was named the largest video in the history of the world.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

December 7, 2009 - "The Official Michael Jackson Opus (Leather Bound)" was released.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

December 7, 1991 - Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" hit #1 in the U.S.