Which current pop music would/could have inspired Michael's own music?

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
When I listen to Tame Impala with it's retro feel I kind of have the feeling that Michael would have liked working with these guys/guy.
They make retro sound modern, they make very catchy music with good hooks which was important for MJ.
They make me think of how the Beatles could have sounded as well if they were created around this time.

Hopefully this thread will make me familiar with lots of new artists!

I think he would have liked to have worked with The Weekend

Probably Bruno Mars, who is one of the few good music artists around today.

Agreed. His 24K Magic album is great. I don't like his previous music though. I think he's improved a lot as an artist.

If some of you haven't seen videos of his 24K tour, check em out. It's like a Triumph and Bad tour show mixed together :)

What about sounds wise? Which direction would MJ have gone in if he was still recording now? I think it would be electronic based with not much physical instruments present
I personally don't think he would work with the weekend or Bruno Mars those are too obvious.
Of course the big question is if he would still be making pop music as he stated several times he'd like to produce film music.

JichaelMackson;4306457 said:
When I listen to Tame Impala with it's retro feel I kind of have the feeling that Michael would have liked working with these guys/guy.
They make retro sound modern, they make very catchy music with good hooks which was important for MJ.
I don't see much evidence that Mike tried to go for older sounds on his albums, but generally went with whatever sound or producer that was popular at the moment. A retro act would be like Jamiroquai, Sharon Jones, or Michael Bublé. So I figure there would be collabos with Migos & trap beats.

DuranDuran;4306477 said:
I don't see much evidence that Mike tried to go for older sounds on his albums, but generally went with whatever sound or producer that was popular at the moment. A retro act would be like Jamiroquai, Sharon Jones, or Michael Bublé. So I figure there would be collabos with Migos & trap beats.

But tame Impala manages to sound retro while being modern that is why I feel Michael would have liked this guy.

I'd like to think it'd be more like other artists seeking collaboration with MJ, not MJ seeking collaboration with other artists. Would he still even be in the music industry at this point in his life? He would've turned 62 in August, he's basically a senior citizen at this point. If he could still sing and dance at this age, I wouldn't be surprised because of TII :)

I think MJ’s music would be way more mature than today’s artists. I would say none of them he would stay true to himself and reinvent his music as he always does.

Ive always wondered what Daft Punk would produce for MJ. I also think Kaytranada is a very talented and experimental producer. It would be awesome!

Probably BTS. Are there really any modern artists worth Michael's collaboration? It's better to blast the hits than hear his take in the modern music climate. Well, I wouldn't be against artists using Michael as an instrumental backbone rather than a featured artist because the man can compose a song by just beatboxing. Why create a beat when Michael can do so with just a microphone? :)

He's been gone way too long for me to answer this 1. Thats like saying what would ray charles new music sound like today.... no clue if he'd even still be into music with all thats going on. Maybe a heal the world contribution song or something like that but..idk...i sure do miss em tho!

Last edited:

I don't know about that. All respect to Bruno Mars he is my favorite artist of today but I don't think Bruno Mars would have inspired MJ's music in any way because MJ was always cutting edge. Trying to reinvent himself and his music while Bruno is doing what MJ already did several decades ago..

Considering MJ would be more than 60 years old I imagine his songs would be totally diffrent. - He would not try to make a new Billie Jean or Thriller kind of song IMO.

I think he would turn his energy on classical music and maybe some slow songs. - Ballads and anthems like Speechlees, Cry - that direction I think.

If he had not died I think Gaga would have been great. - There was a rumour once that Lady Gaga should have been opening act for the TII concerts? - don't know if it's true.

I'm a big fan of Michael Jackson's music, but whenever I'm not listening to his music, I usually listen to:

Ole Borud
Nate Williams
Benny Sings
Dirty Loops
Young Gun Silver Fox
Tatsuro Yamashita

I feel good energy from these musicians. I really recommend them

BTS. they already popular and even said they are inspire by Michael. even taj and the official MJ account support them. so yeah. they was gonna be at the MJ birthday party i think in 2018? but hold off because they had a new album drop at the time.

i'm not a fan of bts. but i can totally see michael collaborate with them and i really appreciate them being inspire by michael.

also i agree with others choices in this thread.

Age is just a number. i think Michael would be still making music but i doubt he will be dancing anymore.

Back