Info on MJ/Janet Duet Recorded in 2004? Confirmed by Rodney Jerkins.

SeriousEffect.

Premium Member
Donations
$5.00
Country
United-States
Per Jerkins in this article, Janet and MJ were in LA in April 2004 to record together. Anyone have any additional detail?

https://people.com/celebrity/producer-rodney-jerkins-weds-singer/

“Michael Jackson was expected, but he and sister Janet were recording a duet at an undisclosed location in Los Angeles, according to Jerkins.”

Background Info: She had the Super Bowl incident earlier that year, and had just released Damita Jo.

He was getting ready for trial and released The Ultimate Collection in November of that year with some unreleased tracks so I’d imagine it was for that project.

Hi SeriousEffect(.), I'll guess this duet's title to be Screech, the sequel to Scream. :D

Very interesting... I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before.

I'm thinking this is just speculation on Rodney's part. Both Janet and Michael were working on music in early 2004, so maybe Rodney saw them in the same general location (part of Janet's 2004 album Damita Jo was recorded in Los Angeles, where Michael was basically stationed at the time) and just assumed.

Either way, I'd love for someone to follow up on this.

Ive heard about this before. I definitely remember reading about it some years ago. I remember the song was innocent man or something like scream if im not mistaken

Innocent Man - as a duet with Janet?

I have never heard that rumour before. - But Innocent Man is a legit song - we even have the lyrics.

Janet Jackson stated in one of her interviews that she never intended to record a second duet with her brother Michael Jackson after ‘Scream’.

She characteristically said that “less is more”, which put an end to any thoughts or plans for a second duet after ‘Scream’.

This particular rumour that surfaced in 2004 (for a second duet) apparently was meant to serve publicity purposes for her and her newly released ‘Damita Jo’ album.

There was a similar rumour (few years earlier than that) that she was originally going to record the ‘We've Had Enough’ song as a duet with Michael Jackson, and the song was going to be included on the ‘Invincible’ album.

This rumour apparently was meant to serve again publicity purposes, but this time for her brother and his ‘Invincible’ album.

Such untrue rumours can happen all the time when artists recently released or they are going to release soon a new, studio album.

I always highly doubled the We've Had Enough story, there were never plans to have her record it with him. And why would they just 4 years after Scream.

Thanks for the feedback folks, such a shame. I was saying on Twitter how if MJ and Janet had released a 2nd duet in the All For You/Invincible era it would have been a mega pop hit.

Back