Lenny Kravitz Recalls When Prince Called Him to ‘Mess With Michael’ Jackson

CherubimII

Proud Member
Lenny Kravitz Recalls When Prince Called Him to ‘Mess With Michael’ Jackson

[FONT=&amp]Lenny Kravitz shared long friendships with Prince and Michael Jackson

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][video=youtube;Y5xS__tKlRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xS__tKlRE&feature=emb_logo[/video]

In addition to having working relationships with both Prince and Jackson, Kravitz had genuine friendships with each artist. He once told Piers Morgan that Jackson was a beautiful human being and very professional.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“A great father. He was amazing with his children. I spent time with the kids. We were all in the studio and Zöe would come, and we would all hang out together.” Kravitz said. “And he was a very good father. And he was funny—very funny. We laughed all the time and he could eat more than you think.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It’s pretty well known that Kravitz has a pair of Prince’s boots in his Paris home along with other pop artifacts, but the two also had a bond. He told Steve Jones of KLOS that he and Prince spent a lot of time together through the years.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Kravitz described him as having two sides—the mythical genius and the silly, laidback Prince. Sometimes, Prince would even crash his friend’s concerts.
Kravitz and Prince ‘messed with’ Michael Jackson

Kravitz appeared on Naomi Campbell’s YouTube vlog as her latest celebrity guest and the two old friends chatted about their personal and professional lives. Campbell asked Kravitz to share his story about being in the studio with Prince and Jackson.

He said that Prince called him and said, “I need you to be ready in 30 minutes. I’m coming to get you.” Curious, Kravitz asked where they were going and the purple one responded, “We’re going to mess with Michael.”

They drove over to Sony Studios in New York where Jackson was working at the time. Kravitz said he booked the entire place for himself. “Prince and I went there and we hung out with him all afternoon and just had fun—made fun of each other, laughed, hung out.”Kravitz added that he felt normal sitting between the two of them as the “ruffian.” “I’ve got my dreads and I’m unshaven, probably a little funky,” he joked. “Prince and Michael are pristine. The hair is done. The makeup is done. Every crease is in place.”He said there are no pictures or videos that captured the special moment, but he was highly entertained by the two.

Kravitz collaborated with each artist, has unreleased music

Roughly 10 years ago, a leaked Michael Jackson track hit the internet called “Another Day,” a rumored collaboration between him and Kravitz.

Kravitz later confirmed that he wrote and played instruments for the unreleased song and Jackson sang it. The leak caught him off guard. He issued a statement to say that he’d work to get the entire song released.

He also teamed up with Prince in the studio and the pair worked on multiple songs together. Where are they? In Prince’s famous vault.

According to his interview with Sirius XM, Kravitz said Prince called the songs souvenirs and put them away. He has a copy of one of them which he may share with the world one day.

<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/8010089/TCS_OB_Entertainment_Big_Box_1_300x250_ATF_1" title="3rd party ad content" name="google_ads_iframe_/8010089/TCS_OB_Entertainment_Big_Box_1_300x250_ATF_1" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" data-google-container-id="5" data-load-complete="true" style="box-sizing: inherit; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; vertical-align: bottom;"></iframe>

[/FONT]

Interesting.

More proof that Prince and MJ were friends. This Lenny kid must have been in heaven that day.

CherubimII;4307376 said:
He said that Prince called him and said, “I need you to be ready in 30 minutes. I’m coming to get you.” Curious, Kravitz asked where they were going and the purple one responded, “We’re going to mess with Michael.”

They drove over to Sony Studios in New York where Jackson was working at the time. Kravitz said he booked the entire place for himself. “Prince and I went there and we hung out with him all afternoon and just had fun—made fun of each other, laughed, hung out.”Kravitz added that he felt normal sitting between the two of them as the “ruffian.” “I’ve got my dreads and I’m unshaven, probably a little funky,” he joked. “Prince and Michael are pristine. The hair is done. The makeup is done. Every crease is in place.”He said there are no pictures or videos that captured the special moment, but he was highly entertained by the two.

I can sooooo picture that scene with the three of 'em in the studio, just hanging out. And I can totally see how Mike and Prince would be all proper with their make-up and hair, while Lenny would show up with his 'ruffian' dreads and all.....I can absolutely imagine it all. It almost sounds too good to be true, a girly fan-fiction of sorts, at least for someone like me, who enjoys the music of ALL three of them guys :D Ok, so I may have a keener interest in one of 'em :innocent: won't tell which one though :fear:

So Lenny was suprised by the leak of that snippet of Another Day roughly 10 years ago, eh? Well, I certainly wasn't. I thought its timing was nothing short of perfect, to be honest. When was that again, sometime in mid-January of 2010 or somethin' like it? Well, irrespective of release, it was then and still is now an awesomely so great tune. That much is sure.

This most likely was during the recording of HIStory. It has also been confirmed that prince had a meeting with MJ in the studio for a collaboration on a track on HIStory.

Imagine sitting there while Michael Jackson and Prince shot the shit. Wow.

Despite what Lenny Kravitz stated about that snippet&#8217;s leak, I strongly suspect that it was Lenny Kravitz himself who initially leaked that 90-second snippet of the &#8216;Another Day&#8217; song, as a way for him to accelerate the full song&#8217;s official release.

Especially, considering the timing of that snippet&#8217;s leak, which was just a few months after Michael Jackson&#8217;s death and also when there were plans for the first posthumous &#8216;Michael&#8217; album that would include previously unreleased songs.

Back