Which HIStory tour concerts do you want to see more than anything?

Michaels Lover

Premium Member
Country
Denmark
For me, it's Prague and Copenhagen august 29 because I was at those concerts and I've been dying to see them ever since!

I'm not a big fan of the tour but would be interesting to see the Prague concert because it was the first. Also that Sydney concert where he had to sing Beat it live.

Galactus123;4307530 said:
I'm not a big fan of the tour but would be interesting to see the Prague concert because it was the first. Also that Sydney concert where he had to sing Beat it live.

He did not sing ‘Beat It’ live in Sydney but he just sang live the few usual parts and ad-libs (just like he did also in other HIStory concerts, such as in Auckland).

It would be interesting to see the Kaohsiung HIStory concert (1996), because that particular concert was probably the best in every aspect (including his dancing), and it has received the most praise from his fans.

But it would be interesting to see also the Johannesburg HIStory concert (on October 10th, 1997), because it had a lot of pleasant surprises due to the fact that Michael Jackson was in excellent spirits during that show (for example, he gave also an a cappella, fully live performance of the ‘You Are Not Alone’ song right after he finished the lip-synced performance of the song).

I would love to see Durban in full pro footage. As tired as he might have been, it was the last time he performed a lot of his most iconic songs. Also the first concert Prague in full pro to be able to compare the two and see that massive crowd. But Milan is the concert I’m most interested in, he was on fire during that concert!

mj_frenzy;4307534 said:
He did not sing ‘Beat It’ live in Sydney but he just sang live the few usual parts and ad-libs (just like he did also in other HIStory concerts, such as in Auckland)

I think he did. Here's him singing Beat It live in Sydney and he's doing it before the guitar solo. On every other show the live vocals don't come in until after the guitar solo.

[video=youtube;J5JuVuDz56w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5JuVuDz56w&ab_channel=z21productions[/video]

Last edited:
As anyone who attended some of the concerts, of course I'd especially like to see those in good quality. But in the end I'll be happy with any new good quality leaks / releases.

It would be interesting to see ... it has received the most praise from his fans.

Because it would be interesting to see the reaction of "his fans"?

So you are in denial about being an obsessed fanatic yourself. That explains a bit.

Last edited:
Snek;4307537 said:
I would love to see Durban in full pro footage. As tired as he might have been, it was the last time he performed a lot of his most iconic songs. Also the first concert Prague in full pro to be able to compare the two and see that massive crowd. But Milan is the concert I’m most interested in, he was on fire during that concert!

I've read somewhere, maybe another MJ forum that footage from Durban exists in trading circles.

The show(s) from 1997 that was TWYMMF, OTW Medley and BOTDF is a show I'd like to see. Best setlist on the HWT

Amsterdam 1996 would also be interesting to see, mainly because of that weird looking Thriller jacket.

I'm not a big fan of that tour, but I'd choose Milan 1997, just because it's in my country.
And because I want to see in pro quality that part of BOTDF when he danced layed on the stage

c709ed780465e28f23c3bf618b49cac0--tour.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that tour, but I'd choose Milan 1997, just because it's in my country.
And because I want to see in pro quality that part of BOTDF when he danced layed on the stage

c709ed780465e28f23c3bf618b49cac0--tour.jpg

Same. There's a jumbotron shot during that sequence and seems to be mixed just slighty bad to me but I would love to see that one for sure.

Although I'm a fan of having a whole concert intact, perhaps on this occasion it might be better to have a DVD which has each song from a different location. Then you could pick 20 cities, with the best version of each song.

Check out something like "Touring Band" by Pearl Jam.

Either HIStory Tour Copenhagen on August 29 or the one where the YANA girl faints in Michael's arms.

oh wow what was it like

I have only seen clips of these particular concerts because I never had the opportunity to go to a MJ concert. The clip of the YANA girl fainting in MJ's arms is only in black and white and amature. A clip of the birthday concert was shown on the TV special "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies"

I so totally envy the fans that actually got to see a Michael Jackson concert. I so wish I had that luck.:( But because I am one of his American fans. And that I was just a teenager in the 90s it wasn't possible. I already have a few HIStory concerts on vhs tapes. But the one I would so love to more than anything is the one where he celebrated his birthday on stage. I have the following HIStory Concerts:

Denmark
Korea
Sweden
Finland
Germany

But unfortunately none of them is the birthday one. I only ever got to see pictures of it. But never the actual video. I am also so very thankful that I had taped Michael's Private Home Movies. On the night that it had aired.

I so totally envy the fans that actually got to see a Michael Jackson concert. I so wish I had that luck.:( But because I am one of his American fans. And that I was just a teenager in the 90s it wasn't possible. I already have a few HIStory concerts on vhs tapes. But the one I would so love to more than anything is the one where he celebrated his birthday on stage. I have the following HIStory Concerts:

Denmark
Korea
Sweden
Finland
Germany

But unfortunately none of them is the birthday one. I only ever got to see pictures of it. But never the actual video. I am also so very thankful that I had taped Michael's Private Home Movies. On the night that it had aired.
Have you had the chance to watch HIStory Tour live in Brunei yet? If you haven't it is on You Tube and it is really good.

Mjjpikagurl;4309028 said:
Either HIStory Tour Copenhagen on August 29 or the one where the YANA girl faints in Michael's arms.

Mjjpikagurl;4309088 said:
I have only seen clips of these particular concerts because I never had the opportunity to go to a MJ concert. The clip of the YANA girl fainting in MJ's arms is only in black and white and amature. A clip of the birthday concert was shown on the TV special "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies"

Did the ‘You Are Not Alone’ girl actually faint in his arms, or did she do that on purpose because she wanted Michael Jackson to lift her in his arms?

I am saying this because some close friends of that Bulgarian girl suggested that she did that on purpose.

These close friends of hers have also said that this Bulgarian girl confided to them that she was fully conscious when Michael Jackson and then his bodyguard lifted her in their arms.

Back