Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1582

Thread: New MJ content (Possibility)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,059 Posts

Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by AmitLal92 View Post
    Agreed the focus defo needs to be back on the music but these frauds are not going to go away sadly. Dan Reed is obsessed. He is working with Channel 4 here in the UK to make LN2. We just have to hope for more rebuttal docs come to deal with the nonsense.
    Unfortunately, since part 2 will happen it will take even longer to get back to the music smdh.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmitLal92 View Post
    Agreed the focus defo needs to be back on the music but these frauds are not going to go away sadly. Dan Reed is obsessed. He is working with Channel 4 here in the UK to make LN2. We just have to hope for more rebuttal docs come to deal with the nonsense.
    Is there a finished script for LN2?

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Who knows but it's going to be about the aftermath apparently. Probably blaming the fans & the estate etc. Larry Nimmer & Jin Chohan have been filming in court though so we can expect a good rebuttal doc to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    Is there a finished script for LN2?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,124 Posts

Man.. I can't even imagine MJ singing Hot Fun In The Summertime. Going to be mind blowing, really I mean, It's really a song unlike any song MJ ever released or that we have heard

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pentum View Post
    Man.. I can't even imagine MJ singing Hot Fun In The Summertime. Going to be mind blowing, really I mean, It's really a song unlike any song MJ ever released or that we have heard
    I thought the exact same thing when I heard there was an MJ cover of it. I just can't picture Mike singing it at all, hopefully we hear it one day. It'll be interesting to hear MJ's vocals because it was recorded in 1985 I think?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing when I heard there was an MJ cover of it. I just can't picture Mike singing it at all, hopefully we hear it one day. It'll be interesting to hear MJ's vocals because it was recorded in 1985 I think?
    Not sure of the exact year of the recording. I can never be sure anymore. MJ re-worked and even re-recorded so many older songs it seems.

The song was suppose to be released on Xscape, but it was not completed on time according to L.A. Reid. Can't believe we missed it because of that!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,134 Times in 1,933 Posts

I would be much more excited if it wasnít just MJ on the chorus. Iíll still give it a listen, but since 2/3 of the track are gonna be occupied by DíAngelo and Mary J. Blige, Iím not all that disappointed that it wasnít released.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I would be much more excited if it wasnít just MJ on the chorus. Iíll still give it a listen, but since 2/3 of the track are gonna be occupied by DíAngelo and Mary J. Blige, Iím not all that disappointed that it wasnít released.
    A fan called Casey Rain has heard the track and praised it a lot.

"Itís hard for me to say this without it sounding like some kind of humblebrag. Thatís not my intent, but in 2019, I was fortunate enough to hear an unreleased Michael Jackson song that most havenít heard. Itís his cover of ďHot Fun In The Summer TimeĒ by Sly and The Family Stone which was re-worked for the ďXscapeĒ album with ?uestlove, DíAngelo, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, Jesse Johnson and Mary J Blige. Itís unclear why it didnít make the album ó LA Reid told me at the time that it wasnít finished, but I can say that what I heard sounded finished to me. And it sounded absolutely breathtaking. I canít go into details about how this occurred ó but the track isnít leaked nor bootlegged in any form, so leave it up to your imagination."

https://thevioletreality.com/its-tim...d-67b4b4be246e

I wonder... if there may exist a version with more than just MJ over the chorus.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 975 Posts

I would be much more excited if it wasn’t just MJ on the chorus. I’ll still give it a listen, but since 2/3 of the track are gonna be occupied by D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige, I’m not all that disappointed that it wasn’t released.
    Yeah, personally if a song needs other people's vocals on it for the estate to consider it releasable I'd rather they just release the demo on some type of compilation.
    Last edited by SmoothGangsta; 24-04-2021 at 01:29 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,134 Times in 1,933 Posts

A fan called Casey Rain has heard the track and praised it a lot.

"It’s hard for me to say this without it sounding like some kind of humblebrag. That’s not my intent, but in 2019, I was fortunate enough to hear an unreleased Michael Jackson song that most haven’t heard. It’s his cover of “Hot Fun In The Summer Time” by Sly and The Family Stone which was re-worked for the “Xscape” album with ?uestlove, D’Angelo, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, Jesse Johnson and Mary J Blige. It’s unclear why it didn’t make the album — LA Reid told me at the time that it wasn’t finished, but I can say that what I heard sounded finished to me. And it sounded absolutely breathtaking. I can’t go into details about how this occurred — but the track isn’t leaked nor bootlegged in any form, so leave it up to your imagination."

https://thevioletreality.com/its-tim...d-67b4b4be246e

I wonder... if there may exist a version with more than just MJ over the chorus.
    I read this and was interested, but I believe it was Michael Prince who said that Michael only ever sang the chorus on it.

This situation also highlights the weird back-and-forth attitude fans have towards remixes. People were very up in arms over the Xscape album and its handling of Michael's music (and rightfully so), but suddenly they're excited for "Hot Fun in the Summertime," which was not only re-produced by someone who never met Michael (D'Angelo), but of which his vocals only comprise 33%...? It's just weird.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,189 Times in 1,786 Posts

I read this and was interested, but I believe it was Michael Prince who said that Michael only ever sang the chorus on it.

This situation also highlights the weird back-and-forth attitude fans have towards remixes. People were very up in arms over the Xscape album and its handling of Michael's music (and rightfully so), but suddenly they're excited for "Hot Fun in the Summertime," which was not only re-produced by someone who never met Michael (D'Angelo), but of which his vocals only comprise 33%...? It's just weird.
    Agree - seems like thereís no set stance on the topic. Just whichever way the wind blows on a particular day lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Agree - seems like there’s no set stance on the topic. Just whichever way the wind blows on a particular day lol.
    Personally, the remixes that appeared on Michael or Xscape have never left a bad taste in my mouth like they seem to have with other fans. I think they were done tastefully and with respect to Michael's style. They all stayed fairly in bounds within the R&B and Pop genres, and that's fine by me.

As to why people may be hyping up "Hot Fun In The Summertime", I think it stems from two things: 1) it was being worked on for Xscape and only didn't make the album because it wasn't quite finished, and 2) "Hot Fun In The Summertime" is a psychedelic sort of track and MJ hardly delved into that genre at all, so it would be really interesting to hear for many.

Personally I doubt that MJ only sings the chorus on it since there's no other instance (that we know of) of producers on either Michael or Xscape even bothering with a track that is vocally incomplete. The closest to that sort of thing happening that I can think of is the third verse of "Best of Joy" being cut (even though that verse was recorded) and the ending of verse 2 on "Hollywood Tonight" being changed (even though again, that was recorded). This doesn't mean the song is in a releasable state by MJ's standards, but that is kind of a given with the Vault at this point.
    "I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 770 Posts

Not sure of the exact year of the recording. I can never be sure anymore. MJ re-worked and even re-recorded so many older songs it seems.

The song was suppose to be released on Xscape, but it was not completed on time according to L.A. Reid. Can't believe we missed it because of that!
    That sounds cool, I'm not certain I'm sure I read it somewhere being from 85.
    I'm not super excited for the track honestly, as much as I'm excited for new MJ music in general, I'd be much accepting of this than that Drake feature a few years back though. I would prefer it was just a solo Mike demo, but I'll take anything at this point haha

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 1,247 Posts

now since the case is over, i hope we will able to get new things now. i'm not gonna get my hopes up. but i hope so.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

anyone thinks the estate is going to stop whatever plans they had again for LN2?