Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: New MJ content?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default Re: New MJ content?

whoever takes over the estate once john goes i hope they are huge longtime MJ fans or knew Michael or even friends with him. then i would be okay because i know it will be in good hands.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    "The sad thing is that everybody could have heard it by now if only the record label had been willing to do right by it. Porcaro was approached about the song for Xscape album, but he didn’t give his permission to use it. “It seems songs are going straight to remix these days,” he told us. It was obvious this approach didn’t sit well with him. And while a fan in me would have loved to be able to buy the song and have it in my collection, I felt nothing but respect for Porcaro’s position. I thought that as a musician and a songwriter, he must understand how much the integrity of a song means to the artist. And as a colleague of Michael, he undoubtedly knows how much Michael cared about his compositions. “Less is more” was a principle he, too, cited as very important for MJ and Quincy. “Chicago 1945” is a great song that certainly doesn’t need any “contemporizing” and deserves to be heard and appreciated in its own right."

http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/ste...-chicago-1945/

And that is exactly the reason why i have a problem with the Xscape Remixes being used as main-versions.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kai For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    The guys from "the lab" (Forger/Barnes/Bottrell) along with Buxer&Prince would be the optimal choice.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but they're around the same age as Branca and McClain, if I'm not mistaken. If age is a factor in the involvement of the current executors, I can't imagine they'd be any more willing to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    why you say that?
    As I outlined, it seems like they don't have any interest in it. They've spent the last 10.5 years pursuing their own career paths while more or less acting as though the estate doesn't exist. You'd think that, if they had any intention of taking over in the near/distant future, there would have been some sort of collaborative effort between the two parties, prior disagreements notwithstanding. Michael's kids seem more focused on emphasizing what he accomplished in his lifetime, not what his estate has churned out in the aftermath. While I appreciate that, it doesn't really scream "we're gonna release unseen concerts and unreleased music."

Maybe I'm completely wrong. But in my opinion, there really hasn't been any indication that Michael's kids want to take over the estate when Branca/McClain step down.

yes they will. john already said so. but they have a choice.
    To my knowledge, he never said they wanted to take over, just that they are first in line.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    As I outlined, it seems like they don't have any interest in it. They've spent the last 10.5 years pursuing their own career paths while more or less acting as though the estate doesn't exist. You'd think that, if they had any intention of taking over in the near/distant future, there would have been some sort of collaborative effort between the two parties, prior disagreements notwithstanding. Michael's kids seem more focused on emphasizing what he accomplished in his lifetime, not what his estate has churned out in the aftermath. While I appreciate that, it doesn't really scream "we're gonna release unseen concerts and unreleased music."

Maybe I'm completely wrong. But in my opinion, there really hasn't been any indication that Michael's kids want to take over the estate when Branca/McClain step down.
    yeah but why the radio would be silent?

To my knowledge, he never said they wanted to take over, just that they are first in line.
    that still their choice.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

i think the age rage who should take over the estate should be at in their 30's,40's, or 50's maybe even 60's. these age rage of people are good because they was around michael peaks.

Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 2,457 Posts

I think his kids are just wanting to enjoy their life right now, It's healthy to try and make a name for yourself so you don't have to argue with anyone expressing means of entitlement in any context.

The estate currently have executors/lawyers/representatives etc. So I can't see why they'd feel the need to collaborate on anything? Being first in line of course, it will ultimately be their decision.. Which route is taken.

So the question is... Will they take on the task? Maybe so, but I think it will be more of rather than stressing over what should be released.. Doing what feels right, I can see this as being a drawn-out process as they want to be certain that their FATHER'S legacy is not only celebrated but also expanded upon in the correct and most respectful manor. Also in a business mind set it needs to be carefully calculated.
    Last edited by Zakk; 24-02-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,862 Posts

yeah but why the radio would be silent?
    Why would Michael's children put any effort into running the estate if they aren't interested in doing so? If you put someone in a job they don't want, they won't give it their all because their heart isn't in it. In all likelihood, new projects would die out.

that still their choice.
    Yes. I'm responding to you stating that the kids actively want to take over.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Why would Michael's children put any effort into running the estate if they aren't interested in doing so? If you put someone in a job they don't want, they won't give it their all because their heart isn't in it. In all likelihood, new projects would die out.
    ah i get it.

Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 2,457 Posts

Prince has previously stated that he is a more behind the scenes kind of guy, he speaks passionately on not only his father's legacy but some of the values he was taught by Michael. He also has is own production company named King's Son Productions. So whilst I'm not insisting that he will want to commit to something like this, he's looking like the most obvious one to take on the reigns when the time comes.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

he probably will add michael sometimes in the future. but as of right now nah, the kids have their own lives.