Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Price Of Fame stand out to anyone else?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,049 Posts

Default Re: Does Price Of Fame stand out to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    I really do like Price of fame very very much.

I still hope that song will be temporized and released on the next new MJ album. - Same with We've Had Enough - these songs are waay too good to be totally unknown by anyone but hardcore fans.
    same.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Well billie jean, dirty diana, dangerous, and who is it, probably give in to me are all about women who michael or some other guy deal with and broke his heart in some kind of way. michael did have some songs about women he saw in a romance and sensual way. but let's be real the kind of women michael was looking for "didn't exist" and was hard to find. someone who was kind of similar to him.

i mean smooth criminal, dangerous, al capone, you rock my world, and blue gangsta are all basically the samething. michael was a big fan of gangster movies. i do believe some michael songs was connect to each other like they don't care about us which had two short films.

i don't see nothing wrong if michael songs was connect.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

A poor man's Billie Jean. Catchy though.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin R View Post
    Having said that, I honestly don't like when MJ talks about ''FAME''. I enjoy Childhood, and D.S, Money or Scream because they were intended to discuss THAT after the allegations. It was not ''the price of fame'' , it was ''the burden of being Michael Jackson''. However, ''the price of fame'' seems a bit off, taking into consideration that he was the responsible for having his face EVERYWHERE, he wanted that attention, and now he's complaining?. For that matter, I like LEAVE ME ALONE better, it's a great statement, but the song is not about fame.
    I agree with this. that's how it is when it comes to fame. Michael loved all his fans but i think he needed time for himself sometimes which he explained alot. i love the song in my opinion. price of fame came out before childhood and D.S.

i'll say speed demon and privacy are more fan obsessed section which he did said about them.

LMA was about the press. though some fans feel he kind of did that to himself. i love that song but it's not one of my favorites MJ songs.

i agree. any song that had Michael talking about the press etc aren't really my favorite songs. many fans agree that took over his fame because we all know Michael songs was about love, having fun, positively, etc. but after the press started bothering him when bad was release it was beginning to be a "different" world for michael.

that's why i'm not really a fan of his later eras. the press and the world stole his joy and happiness. but i do love songs from his later eras though.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 548 Posts

I love it. For an outtake it sure is a gem.

What makes it stand out is the musical composition with those experimental Reggae'ish vibes. (Might be an influence of The Police there who also blended a bit of Reggae vibes with Pop in the 80s). It still has an unpolished feel to it though, which makes me wonder how, in that state, it already got to the point of turning it into a Pepsi song. Would be interesting to find out more about that whole "The Chase" commercial story.

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    ... he intentionally began (with the help of his then-manager Frank DiLeo) to feed the tabloids with fake stories about him for publicity purposes.
    Which, as recently discussed (and of course ignored by you), is solely down to CLAIMS from not exactly trustworthy tabloid writers themselfes and one disgruntled ex-employee doing a smear campaign for money. Therefor it can not be blindly considered as FACT. Especially not the degree of Michaels personal involvement, IF so.
    Last edited by Electro; 28-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

i agree. price of fame does sounds little bit like who is it. maybe who is it part 1? it maybe be an connection. i remember someone said that Michael would use some of the sounds in his songs that was rejected and used them for future songs. especially around the dangerous era. so i wouldn't be surprise that Michael got his idea for who is it from the price of fame.

to be honest Michael didn't really like who is it. i like who is it. it's underrated. but it's not surprising since michael didn't like the song too much either.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,632 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    i agree. price of fame does sounds little bit like who is it. maybe who is it part 1? it maybe be an connection. i remember someone said that Michael would use some of the sounds in his songs that was rejected and used them for future songs. especially around the dangerous era. so i wouldn't be surprise that Michael got his idea for who is it from the price of fame.

to be honest Michael didn't really like who is it. i like who is it. it's underrated. but it's not surprising since michael didn't like the song too much either.
    WHAT??

This is absolutely news to me? When did MJ ever say he did not like one of his own songs? - On the contrary I think he like Who Is It A LOT. - Even did the beatboxing and singing part in the Oprah interview.

Is there an interview or anything where MJ suggest that he does not like Who Is It ??
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Somebody here said he didn't. your right. something isn't right. one thing for sure the song is underrated.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I believe that what MJ disliked (can.t remember the source for this assumption) was the "who is it" video

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin R View Post
    I believe that what MJ disliked (can.t remember the source for this assumption) was the "who is it" video
    Yep. I think it was about Sony not letting him redo shots of him that he didn't like.
    The single was released in Europe in August 1992 with that David Fincher video. In the USA the single came out March 1993 with that other montage video instead, probably due to Michael blocking the Fincher video in his homeland.
    Last edited by Electro; 28-10-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 743 Posts

I completely agree with you Xeones, also it's great to have you back mate

I love Price Of Fame, it's one of very few unreleased songs were I genuinely Michael should have released it during his lifetime.
    Lyrically it's complex and fascinating, musically it's new and different for Mike at the time and it's interesting that the structure is very Michael

I wish Mike would have kept pushing this song beyond the early Bad sessions and it been consideration for the record, because I think a more polished third verse and maybe some more polish to the song musically (without losing any of the funkiness) and it could have fit perfectly onto the Bad album as one of the cornerstones of the album, and I say that with Bad as my favourite of all time.
    I remember one unfair thing I read in a review of the Bad album at the time it was released, was there was no big hit like Billie Jean was on Thriller. I personally see that as unfair because Bad as an album of songs is stronger than Thriller, most would agree, but had Price Of Fame been on Bad who knows? Maybe it would have been regarded as one of the best songs on the album or maybe people would have said it's too much like Billie Jean
    I do think it would have sounded a bit too dated to fit on say Dangerous but Price Of Fame is such a good song and it's honestly a shock the Estate didn't release it on either Michael or Xscape, instead of almost relegating it to Bad 25, although I'm so thankful we have the demo version.

Every time I hear Price Of Fame, it always takes me back to the excitement on this forum and in the community for Bad 25, the speculation and the all the anticipation. I can still remember hearing a snippet of this and Al Capone on a French radio station, someone shared on this forum, great times.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Somebody here said he didn't. your right. something isn't right. one thing for sure the song is underrated.
    That would just be an opinion then and not based in fact.