View Poll Results: Which song do you want to trend/chart?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • For All Time

3 100.00%
  • Cry

0 0%
  • On The Line

0 0%
  • Someone Put Your Hand Out

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question- As fans can we get unheard tracks like *for all time* we've had enough, trending?

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Question- As fans can we get unheard tracks like *for all time* we've had enough, trending?

I have just listened to a documentary about Michael's dangerous/history concepts where this guy has perfect knowledge of his art. Had great admiration for him. In celebration of this fact and wanting desperately to get some new or hardly heard tracks on the radio/or streaming can we do it? Will everyone actually contribute in streaming them or if need be purchase them again? These gems I have listed need to be heard, along with what more can I give. What's everyone's thoughts on this? How do we go about it? Should we make a poll, vote and then get one track a month as high as possible on streaming services, even try and get certain radio stations? What about tracks like break of dawn, butterflies, and some others that fans know SHOULD and would of been hits had Michael promoted them for one and secondly had he had lived!.
    Let me know what you all think and maybe we can get this off the ground? Maybe someone could do the poll once we decide what songs to promote!

I think the public want to hear more Michael now even say Morphine or controversial songs like that.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,876 Times in 1,795 Posts

Default Re: Question- As fans can we get unheard tracks like *for all time* we've had enough, trending?

It's possible! "They Don't Care About Us" shot upwards in popularity during the riots this summer, and that had little to nothing to do with the fans; the general public just turned to that song when they needed it the most. Songs like "We've Had Enough" would beautifully resonate today, especially with Joe Biden's presidential win.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Question- As fans can we get unheard tracks like *for all time* we've had enough, trending?

Well how do we go about it then?? I think for a Christmas release For all Time fits the bill.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

We're so diminished on this forum that I'm not sure 10 people responding to this thread is gonna make much of a dent worldwide. These kind of things just don't work.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xscape guy 2003 View Post
    I have just listened to a documentary about Michael's dangerous/history concepts where this guy has perfect knowledge of his art. Had great admiration for him. In celebration of this fact and wanting desperately to get some new or hardly heard tracks on the radio/or streaming can we do it? Will everyone actually contribute in streaming them or if need be purchase them again? These gems I have listed need to be heard, along with what more can I give. What's everyone's thoughts on this? How do we go about it? Should we make a poll, vote and then get one track a month as high as possible on streaming services, even try and get certain radio stations? What about tracks like break of dawn, butterflies, and some others that fans know SHOULD and would of been hits had Michael promoted them for one and secondly had he had lived!.
    Let me know what you all think and maybe we can get this off the ground? Maybe someone could do the poll once we decide what songs to promote!

I think the public want to hear more Michael now even say Morphine or controversial songs like that.
    I believe that this should happen organically, not forced by his fans who want to promote them via polls, votes, etc.

Besides, if the public by themselves discover and listen to these songs, then this shows the power and strong relevance of these songs (like, ‘We've Had Enough’, ‘What More Can I Give’, etc) to certain, current social circumstances.

Also, ‘Morphine’ is an honest song, rather than a controversial song.

The life and personal problems of an artist should not be separated from his/her music, on the contrary public appreciate it more when artists sing about their personal problems and issues in an honest way no matter how sad and dark the theme’s song can become because of that.

That is why, such sad and dark songs can relate always and more easier to public.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 742 Posts

It's a great idea mate, I'd love to see an "unknown" MJ track climb the charts. It would be great for us fans to celebrate something positive for a change

I think we'd all have to agree on the song and agree to buy around the same time

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    The life and personal problems of an artist should not be separated from his/her music, on the contrary public appreciate it more when artists sing about their personal problems and issues in an honest way no matter how sad and dark the theme’s song can become because of that.

That is why, such sad and dark songs can relate always and more easier to public.
    Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 547 Posts

The most popular songs are usually the happy go lucky stuff.

...Dance party it's my life lalalala (nanana oh-ooh) lol

'Dark' stuff I'd say only occasionally when it's a really unique catchy song maybe and a lot of hype / promo behind it. As in the case of TDCAU and Earth Song.

Regarding fans pushing / "trending" a songs into charts etc...
    I keep reading about such iniatives over the years... but did something like this ever work with Michael Jackson? Seems impossible.
    Last edited by Electro; 13-11-2020 at 06:41 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    The most popular songs are usually the happy go lucky stuff.

...Dance party it's my life lalalala (nanana oh-ooh) lol
    I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation.
    I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it".
    People in general like also listening to such sad, dark songs (about the singer’s or the band’s personal problems and also about other general sad themes) because these songs tend to have a cleansing effect on them (so, in a sense such songs are also a form of escape for them).

While there are many happy songs that have become hits, the big chart and commercial success of many other sad, dark songs shows that people like also listening to sad, dark songs.

Look, for example, at the big success of the American singer Lana Del Rey and how her sad, dark and depressing songs become hits because they appeal so easily to people.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 1,034 Posts

Maybe i'm just an positive person but who wanna hear sad and negative songs all the time? i mean don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong having sad and negative songs sometimes. but why you wanna live your life like that? that give off sad and negative energy. as someone who suffer with depression i realize what make my depression worst if i'm around sad and negative energy also this can happen to anyone who doesn't has depression and i'm young. i agree with frenzy. people need to stop saying things until you really get out there and see for yourself.

yes the world sucks but at the sametime why anyone wanna down themselves with sadness and negative? unless you have depression or some other mental illness.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

People in general like also listening to such sad, dark songs (about the singer’s or the band’s personal problems and also about other general sad themes) because these songs tend to have a cleansing effect on them (so, in a sense such songs are also a form of escape for them).

While there are many happy songs that have become hits, the big chart and commercial success of many other sad, dark songs shows that people like also listening to sad, dark songs.

Look, for example, at the big success of the American singer Lana Del Rey and how her sad, dark and depressing songs become hits because they appeal so easily to people.
    Most hit singles are not self written by the artist, so how can the songs be about their personal life? Pre-Beatles, it was even more rare for popular performers to write their own material. It was common for many singers of that era to record the same songs, which became known as standards. Even self written songs are not necessarily about the songwriter's personal life or feelings, such as KC & The Sunshine Band's party songs. Do you think all of those gangsta rap songs are about something that they really did? Did Johnny Cash really shoot a man just to watch him die? Is there a disco duck out there somewhere? Did Prince really have sex with his sister or a woman in a wedding dress who was on her way to get married to some other guy?

Also people who are credited on songs as songwriters might not have anything to do with it. There is a thing called ghostwriting. Some bands credit all the members, even if a particular member did not contribute anything to the song. They do that so each member can get royalties.
    Last edited by DuranDuran; 14-11-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 558 Posts

Indeed. That kind of music can be very cathartic when you're in a really dark mental space.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rumandraisin View Post
    We're so diminished on this forum that I'm not sure 10 people responding to this thread is gonna make much of a dent worldwide. These kind of things just don't work.
    Hmmm....considering you have only made 49 posts in nine years of membership, I'm not sure you are the best one to judge about how "diminished" the forum is.

It only takes one person to do something amazing, in this age of things going viral on social media. Twitter and Tik Tok are probably the best places to push certain MJ songs and spread their relevance globally. I do also agree with frenzy, who said that it's better, in some ways, if the public catches onto a song in an organic manner.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Most hit singles are not self written by the artist, so how can the songs be about their personal life? Pre-Beatles, it was even more rare for popular performers to write their own material. It was common for many singers of that era to record the same songs, which became known as standards. Even self written songs are not necessarily about the songwriter's personal life or feelings, such as KC & The Sunshine Band's party songs. Do you think all of those gangsta rap songs are about something that they really did? Did Johnny Cash really shoot a man just to watch him die? Is there a disco duck out there somewhere? Did Prince really have sex with his sister or a woman in a wedding dress who was on her way to get married to some other guy?

Also people who are credited on songs as songwriters might not have anything to do with it. There is a thing called ghostwriting. Some bands credit all the members, even if a particular member did not contribute anything to the song. They do that so each member can get royalties.
    I could mention many sad, dark songs (self-written in an honest way by the singer, or the band) which are about the difficulties and problems of their personal lives, or about general sad themes, and they have become big hits.

Some of them, off the top of my head:

‘Don't Go Away’ (1997) by Oasis, which is about serious health issues of the band’s family members.

‘Fallin'’ (2001), by Alicia Keys, which is about the difficulties of her relationship but also about the difficulties of any love relationship.

‘Jesus To A Child’ (1996) by George Michael, which is about his grief because of the loss of his Brazilian lover Anselmo Feleppa.

‘I Get Lonely’ (1997) by Janet Jackson, which is about her depression, emotional emptiness and loneliness at the time.

‘Time After Time’ (1983) by Cyndi Lauper, which is about the big difficulties of her relationship with her boyfriend.

‘Stranger In Moscow’ (1995) by Michael Jackson, which is about his feelings of isolation and loneliness (although not a hit in US, it became a hit internationally).

‘Ordinary World’ (1993) and ‘Out Of My Mind’ (1997), two songs that Simon Le Bon (from Duran Duran) wrote and he dedicated to the loss of his childhood friend David Miles.

Or even, ‘Purple Rain’ (1984) by Prince, which is about death and about the end of the world (purple comes from the mix of the two colours of the sky, blue and red (red symbolizes blood).