Question- As fans can we get unheard tracks like *for all time* we've had enough, trending?

Which song do you want to trend/chart?

• For All Time

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Cry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On The Line

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Someone Put Your Hand Out

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
I have just listened to a documentary about Michael's dangerous/history concepts where this guy has perfect knowledge of his art. Had great admiration for him. In celebration of this fact and wanting desperately to get some new or hardly heard tracks on the radio/or streaming can we do it? Will everyone actually contribute in streaming them or if need be purchase them again? These gems I have listed need to be heard, along with what more can I give. What's everyone's thoughts on this? How do we go about it? Should we make a poll, vote and then get one track a month as high as possible on streaming services, even try and get certain radio stations? What about tracks like break of dawn, butterflies, and some others that fans know SHOULD and would of been hits had Michael promoted them for one and secondly had he had lived!.
Let me know what you all think and maybe we can get this off the ground? Maybe someone could do the poll once we decide what songs to promote!

I think the public want to hear more Michael now even say Morphine or controversial songs like that.

It's possible! "They Don't Care About Us" shot upwards in popularity during the riots this summer, and that had little to nothing to do with the fans; the general public just turned to that song when they needed it the most. Songs like "We've Had Enough" would beautifully resonate today, especially with Joe Biden's presidential win.

Well how do we go about it then?? I think for a Christmas release For all Time fits the bill.

We're so diminished on this forum that I'm not sure 10 people responding to this thread is gonna make much of a dent worldwide. These kind of things just don't work.

xscape guy 2003;4308840 said:
I have just listened to a documentary about Michael's dangerous/history concepts where this guy has perfect knowledge of his art. Had great admiration for him. In celebration of this fact and wanting desperately to get some new or hardly heard tracks on the radio/or streaming can we do it? Will everyone actually contribute in streaming them or if need be purchase them again? These gems I have listed need to be heard, along with what more can I give. What's everyone's thoughts on this? How do we go about it? Should we make a poll, vote and then get one track a month as high as possible on streaming services, even try and get certain radio stations? What about tracks like break of dawn, butterflies, and some others that fans know SHOULD and would of been hits had Michael promoted them for one and secondly had he had lived!.
Let me know what you all think and maybe we can get this off the ground? Maybe someone could do the poll once we decide what songs to promote!

I think the public want to hear more Michael now even say Morphine or controversial songs like that.

I believe that this should happen organically, not forced by his fans who want to promote them via polls, votes, etc.

Besides, if the public by themselves discover and listen to these songs, then this shows the power and strong relevance of these songs (like, ‘We've Had Enough’, ‘What More Can I Give’, etc) to certain, current social circumstances.

Also, ‘Morphine’ is an honest song, rather than a controversial song.

The life and personal problems of an artist should not be separated from his/her music, on the contrary public appreciate it more when artists sing about their personal problems and issues in an honest way no matter how sad and dark the theme’s song can become because of that.

That is why, such sad and dark songs can relate always and more easier to public.

It's a great idea mate, I'd love to see an "unknown" MJ track climb the charts. It would be great for us fans to celebrate something positive for a change

I think we'd all have to agree on the song and agree to buy around the same time

mj_frenzy;4309178 said:
The life and personal problems of an artist should not be separated from his/her music, on the contrary public appreciate it more when artists sing about their personal problems and issues in an honest way no matter how sad and dark the theme’s song can become because of that.

That is why, such sad and dark songs can relate always and more easier to public.
Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation.

The most popular songs are usually the happy go lucky stuff.

...Dance party it's my life lalalala (nanana oh-ooh) lol

'Dark' stuff I'd say only occasionally when it's a really unique catchy song maybe and a lot of hype / promo behind it. As in the case of TDCAU and Earth Song.

Regarding fans pushing / "trending" a songs into charts etc...
I keep reading about such iniatives over the years... but did something like this ever work with Michael Jackson? Seems impossible.

Last edited:
The most popular songs are usually the happy go lucky stuff.

...Dance party it's my life lalalala (nanana oh-ooh) lol
I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it". :laughing:

DuranDuran;4309285 said:
Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation.

DuranDuran;4309335 said:
I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it". :laughing:

People in general like also listening to such sad, dark songs (about the singer’s or the band’s personal problems and also about other general sad themes) because these songs tend to have a cleansing effect on them (so, in a sense such songs are also a form of escape for them).

While there are many happy songs that have become hits, the big chart and commercial success of many other sad, dark songs shows that people like also listening to sad, dark songs.

Look, for example, at the big success of the American singer Lana Del Rey and how her sad, dark and depressing songs become hits because they appeal so easily to people.

Maybe i'm just an positive person but who wanna hear sad and negative songs all the time? i mean don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong having sad and negative songs sometimes. but why you wanna live your life like that? that give off sad and negative energy. as someone who suffer with depression i realize what make my depression worst if i'm around sad and negative energy also this can happen to anyone who doesn't has depression and i'm young. i agree with frenzy. people need to stop saying things until you really get out there and see for yourself.

yes the world sucks but at the sametime why anyone wanna down themselves with sadness and negative? unless you have depression or some other mental illness.

mj_frenzy;4309342 said:
People in general like also listening to such sad, dark songs (about the singer’s or the band’s personal problems and also about other general sad themes) because these songs tend to have a cleansing effect on them (so, in a sense such songs are also a form of escape for them).

While there are many happy songs that have become hits, the big chart and commercial success of many other sad, dark songs shows that people like also listening to sad, dark songs.

Look, for example, at the big success of the American singer Lana Del Rey and how her sad, dark and depressing songs become hits because they appeal so easily to people.
Most hit singles are not self written by the artist, so how can the songs be about their personal life? Pre-Beatles, it was even more rare for popular performers to write their own material. It was common for many singers of that era to record the same songs, which became known as standards. Even self written songs are not necessarily about the songwriter's personal life or feelings, such as KC & The Sunshine Band's party songs. Do you think all of those gangsta rap songs are about something that they really did? Did Johnny Cash really shoot a man just to watch him die? Is there a disco duck out there somewhere? Did Prince really have sex with his sister or a woman in a wedding dress who was on her way to get married to some other guy? :rofl:

Also people who are credited on songs as songwriters might not have anything to do with it. There is a thing called ghostwriting. Some bands credit all the members, even if a particular member did not contribute anything to the song. They do that so each member can get royalties.

Last edited:
mj_frenzy;4309342 said:

Indeed. That kind of music can be very cathartic when you're in a really dark mental space.

We're so diminished on this forum that I'm not sure 10 people responding to this thread is gonna make much of a dent worldwide. These kind of things just don't work.

Hmmm....considering you have only made 49 posts in nine years of membership, I'm not sure you are the best one to judge about how "diminished" the forum is.

It only takes one person to do something amazing, in this age of things going viral on social media. Twitter and Tik Tok are probably the best places to push certain MJ songs and spread their relevance globally. I do also agree with frenzy, who said that it's better, in some ways, if the public catches onto a song in an organic manner.

DuranDuran;4309374 said:
Most hit singles are not self written by the artist, so how can the songs be about their personal life? Pre-Beatles, it was even more rare for popular performers to write their own material. It was common for many singers of that era to record the same songs, which became known as standards. Even self written songs are not necessarily about the songwriter's personal life or feelings, such as KC & The Sunshine Band's party songs. Do you think all of those gangsta rap songs are about something that they really did? Did Johnny Cash really shoot a man just to watch him die? Is there a disco duck out there somewhere? Did Prince really have sex with his sister or a woman in a wedding dress who was on her way to get married to some other guy? :rofl:

Also people who are credited on songs as songwriters might not have anything to do with it. There is a thing called ghostwriting. Some bands credit all the members, even if a particular member did not contribute anything to the song. They do that so each member can get royalties.

I could mention many sad, dark songs (self-written in an honest way by the singer, or the band) which are about the difficulties and problems of their personal lives, or about general sad themes, and they have become big hits.

Some of them, off the top of my head:

‘Don't Go Away’ (1997) by Oasis, which is about serious health issues of the band’s family members.

‘Fallin'’ (2001), by Alicia Keys, which is about the difficulties of her relationship but also about the difficulties of any love relationship.

‘Jesus To A Child’ (1996) by George Michael, which is about his grief because of the loss of his Brazilian lover Anselmo Feleppa.

‘I Get Lonely’ (1997) by Janet Jackson, which is about her depression, emotional emptiness and loneliness at the time.

‘Time After Time’ (1983) by Cyndi Lauper, which is about the big difficulties of her relationship with her boyfriend.

‘Stranger In Moscow’ (1995) by Michael Jackson, which is about his feelings of isolation and loneliness (although not a hit in US, it became a hit internationally).

‘Ordinary World’ (1993) and ‘Out Of My Mind’ (1997), two songs that Simon Le Bon (from Duran Duran) wrote and he dedicated to the loss of his childhood friend David Miles.

Or even, ‘Purple Rain’ (1984) by Prince, which is about death and about the end of the world (purple comes from the mix of the two colours of the sky, blue and red (red symbolizes blood).

mj_frenzy;4309479 said:
I could mention many sad, dark songs (self-written in an honest way by the singer, or the band) which are about the difficulties and problems of their personal lives, or about general sad themes, and they have become big hits.

Some of them, off the top of my head:

‘Don't Go Away’ (1997) by Oasis, which is about serious health issues of the band’s family members.

‘Fallin'’ (2001), by Alicia Keys, which is about the difficulties of her relationship but also about the difficulties of any love relationship.

‘Jesus To A Child’ (1996) by George Michael, which is about his grief because of the loss of his Brazilian lover Anselmo Feleppa.

‘I Get Lonely’ (1997) by Janet Jackson, which is about her depression, emotional emptiness and loneliness at the time.

‘Time After Time’ (1983) by Cyndi Lauper, which is about the big difficulties of her relationship with her boyfriend.

‘Stranger In Moscow’ (1995) by Michael Jackson, which is about his feelings of isolation and loneliness (although not a hit in US, it became a hit internationally).

‘Ordinary World’ (1993) and ‘Out Of My Mind’ (1997), two songs that Simon Le Bon (from Duran Duran) wrote and he dedicated to the loss of his childhood friend David Miles.

Or even, ‘Purple Rain’ (1984) by Prince, which is about death and about the end of the world (purple comes from the mix of the two colours of the sky, blue and red (red symbolizes blood).
You keep mentioning sad songs, which I said nothing about. I said most hit songs are not about the performers' personal life, not that personal songs didn't become hits at all. It's like me saying more people eat at McDonald's than at vegan restaurants, then you saying people do eat at vegan places, which has nothing to do with what I said. "Personal life" & "sad songs" are two different things. Just because a song is sad does not mean it's about the singer's life. You could say Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a sad song going by the lyrics, but the arrangement makes it sound happy. It's doubtful that Maxwell's Silver Hammer had anything to do with Paul McCartney's or any of the other Beatles life.

Re: hits

Maxwell Silver Hammer was a metaphor for when things went wrong in Paul's life. Bad example haha.

DuranDuran;4309484 said:
You keep mentioning sad songs, which I said nothing about. I said most hit songs are not about the performers' personal life, not that personal songs didn't become hits at all. It's like me saying more people eat at McDonald's than at vegan restaurants, then you saying people do eat at vegan places, which has nothing to do with what I said. "Personal life" & "sad songs" are two different things. Just because a song is sad does not mean it's about the singer's life. You could say Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a sad song going by the lyrics, but the arrangement makes it sound happy. It's doubtful that Maxwell's Silver Hammer had anything to do with Paul McCartney's or any of the other Beatles life.

"Personal life" and "sad songs" are two different things, but songs about the singer’s/band’s personal life are, most of the time, sad songs.

Paul McCartney but also countless other artists and bands do write and release sad, personal songs quite often because this song-writing process acts as some sort of a psychotherapy session to them.

Just like the ‘Maxwell's Silver Hammer’ song that you brought up, which is actually about Paul McCartney’s sad, negative issues of his personal life.

Re: hits

Paul McCartney but also countless other artists and bands do write and release sad, personal songs quite often because this song-writing process acts as some sort of a psychotherapy session to them.
I'm aware of that. Still what does that have to do with the ratio of "personal life" songs that become hits compared to non-personal songs? Which is what I said in the first place. The entire blues genre is full of sad songs, but I'm not talking about "sad songs". I'm talking about "personal life songs" that become hits. You're talking about an entire different thing from what I am which was this:

"
Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation."

There's nothing in that statement about why people write sad songs and the words "sad songs" are not mentioned. Then I replied to another poster:

I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it".

Again I did not say anything about why people write sad songs (or any type of song for that matter), that sad songs do not exist, or that audiences do not listen to them. I didn't even say anything about "sad songs" becoming radio hits either. I clearly used the words "personal problems/personal life". My comments are basically saying "Marvel superhero movies" make more money than "art films" or the Thriller album sold more than Billy Ocean's Suddenly album. Then you bring up something totally unrelated like "Billy Ocean has a song called There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry). Billy wrote that song for this reason". :rofl: Why a song was written has nothing to do with how many songs become hits. What I'm saying is more about statistics.

Ok, so this thread has definitely gone way off subject!

Can we agree or do a poll to see what song most people would like to try and promote to get in at least top 10 . If it got higher than that it would be amazing!

I think for run up to Christmas/Christmas For All Time would be an amazing song that would remind people how incredible Michael's songwriting skill was and his vocals soar on this song.

Let's start with that and see what everyone thinks. I am not even talking about just unreleased but also some songs that the general public may of not have heard!

Eg: Whatever happens, Butterflies, etc.

Could we do some kind of poll please? I am considering taking this to twitter and even fb to see if we can get these gems in the airwaves.

Please let me know what you all think?

Just say yes or no , but if No then a good reason why not too!

If someone can make a poll so we can vote it would be most appreciated.

*beatlesboy*

I think for run up to Christmas/Christmas For All Time would be an amazing song that would remind people how incredible Michael's songwriting skill was and his vocals soar on this song.
For All Time wasn't written by MJ. ;)

So are we in agreement that For All Time should be what we focus on?

Can we sort this into a poll please?

Hi Anna,

Thanks for saying this.

Will people get behind this?

I will take this to twitter and fb as well.

The options I am thinking is
1. For all time
2. Someone put your hand out.
3. On the line
I am trying to put across positive and up beat songs for the holiday season. However if someone wants to add more or thinks we should include weve had enough etc. Then let me know.

I would much rather see how this goes and we agree on a song and then we all agree to buy it if we can. If not we stream as much as possible.

I think butterflies or break of dawn could go on that list too.

Tell me what you all think?

Once we see how this goes then maybe we can think of what's next to do for the start of 2021.

*beatlesboy*

DuranDuran;4309737 said:
I'm aware of that. Still what does that have to do with the ratio of "personal life" songs that become hits compared to non-personal songs? Which is what I said in the first place. The entire blues genre is full of sad songs, but I'm not talking about "sad songs". I'm talking about "personal life songs" that become hits. You're talking about an entire different thing from what I am which was this:

"
Are you sure about that? Because most songs that become hits, especially Top 40 pop hits, are not about the singer's/band's personal problems and they're not protest songs either. That was more popular with the boomer hippy generation."

There's nothing in that statement about why people write sad songs and the words "sad songs" are not mentioned. Then I replied to another poster:

I think people in general just want their entertainment to be an escape from everyday life. It's like New Kids On The Block albums sold way more than any album by Bob Dylan. A lot of people don't even care about what the song is about. It's like what the people on American Bandstand used to say "it has a good beat and I can dance to it".

Again I did not say anything about why people write sad songs (or any type of song for that matter), that sad songs do not exist, or that audiences do not listen to them. I didn't even say anything about "sad songs" becoming radio hits either. I clearly used the words "personal problems/personal life". My comments are basically saying "Marvel superhero movies" make more money than "art films" or the Thriller album sold more than Billy Ocean's Suddenly album. Then you bring up something totally unrelated like "Billy Ocean has a song called There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry). Billy wrote that song for this reason". :rofl: Why a song was written has nothing to do with how many songs become hits. What I'm saying is more about statistics.

My point, and main disagreement with you, is that "personal life songs" (which are mostly sad songs) can become hits as easily as the happy, uplifting songs.

Also, if you look at Michael Jackson’s hit songs from his entire solo career, you will realize that his hit sad songs (about his personal issues, paranoia, but also about other general negative issues like social issues, environmental issues, protest themes, etc) are actually more than his hit happy songs.

Hi Anna,

Thanks for saying this.

Will people get behind this?

I will take this to twitter and fb as well.

The options I am thinking is
1. For all time
2. Someone put your hand out.
3. On the line
I am trying to put across positive and up beat songs for the holiday season. However if someone wants to add more or thinks we should include weve had enough etc. Then let me know.

I would much rather see how this goes and we agree on a song and then we all agree to buy it if we can. If not we stream as much as possible.

I think butterflies or break of dawn could go on that list too.

Tell me what you all think?

Once we see how this goes then maybe we can think of what's next to do for the start of 2021.

*beatlesboy*

Butterflies and Break of Dawn are not really "unheard tracks", as they've been released on a major studio album.

I'm thinking we could have For All Time, On the Line, We've Had Enough and Someone Put Your Hand Out in the poll. We can choose a song by popular vote and then try to get it trending, and/or stream it/buy it, etc. If anyone has other suggestions for the poll, then please add them here. Then either Anna or I can add the poll.

"We've had enough" probably has the best potential for this.
It's a song with a message many fans would want to get out and musically the song is simply great.
I like some of the other suggested songs, but I think in comparison they are all way less popular among fans.

Sorry you clearly misunderstood me I am talking about the unreleased commercially or very little heard of.

I think if you was to say to *Joe public* who sang "whatever happens" or "butterflies" or even "break of dawn" they would say never heard of them or if you asked what artist or band they would not have a clue!

I know these are on released albums but they never got much exposure when that album came out.
I also think and agree that *cry* should be on that list too.

We need some agreement what songs we are going to go with for a poll and then whatever wins should be promoted by way of streaming, buying etc.

What's everyone's views as I want to get this moving now.

Once we have done one then we could progress to the next one on poll and so on.

Back