Imagine if the Estate Will Release a New Concert Every Year

HappyLeeHL

Proud Member
I know it might seem like a pipe dream, since the Estate hasn't released any concert since 2012 (Wembley). Many of us got tired of endless waiting, really disappointed with the Estate, and some might have lost all faith with them.

But imagine if the Estate will release a new concert every year, starting from 2021. What's wrong with that?

They can make their money, we can see Michael "relive" on screen again, and have something to hope for every year. I see no downside in this.

It doesn't have to be a Bluray or DVD release, since there are so many ways to release videos these days. It can be a YouTube release like Ghosts 2020, or from other streaming service. I bet lots of fans are willing to pay for a great Michael Jackson concert streamed online.

It doesn't even have to be 1080p HD or 4K, if a tape is the only source. If most of us can bear with Wembley in worse than VHS quality, we can accept anything. In addition, I believe they have many Bad Tour concerts in Umatic tape quality (like MSG, New York 1988 and maybe Wembley July 14th), a few in Beta tape quality (like Los Angeles 1989, Yokohama 1987), and many Dangerous Tour & History Tour concerts in Beta tape quality. Some might be editable like Bucharest 1992. Currently there's no definite information whether they have the ability to release a concert on film.

Here's my list. You don't need to agree with my choice, and you're welcomed to share your list. :)

2021 - Bad Tour Los Angeles 1989 (maybe with the last Dirty Diana performance as a bonus)
2022 - History Tour Bremen / Cologne / Milan 1997
2023 - Dangerous Tour Singapore (birthday concert) 1993
2024 - Victory Tour xx (whatever great and HQ) 1984
2025 - Bad Tour MSG, New York 1988 (maybe merged from three nights, or pick the best)
2026 - Royal Concert in Brunei 1996 (re-edited and HQ)
2027 - Dangerous Tour Monza 1992 (maybe merged from both nights)
2028 - Bad Tour Paris / Liverpool / Cologne 1988
2029 - Dangerous Tour Mexico City (or whatever with Man in the Mirror) 1993
2030 - Bad Tour Sydney / Brisbane / Tokyo / Yokohama 1987
2031 - History Tour xx (whatever great and HQ) 1996
2032 - Dangerous Tour Tokyo / Wembley, London 1992
2033 - Bad Tour one of the United States shows 1988 (or U.S. montage)

There might be so many other great concert choices I can't think of due to lack of information. Just think of it: it may take 10 more years till we see all the concerts above, if they release a new concert every year.

I don't want to grow old and tired only watching Bucharest and Wembley and other few concerts leaked over the years, knowing that there are better concerts and better quality footage out there in their great vault. I just want to enjoy more Michael Jackson concerts in best quality available, since it's impossible for him to provide anything new himself after his passing.

I really hope that the Estate would see this, and really listen to and do something for the fans.

Last edited:
Great idea. It might not happen every year but they should release concerts more often. They don't have to have multitrack audio. I would like to see:

Bad Tour: New York, Kansas and Los Angeles.

Dangerous Tour: Tokyo and Munich. They have The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad.

Victory Tour: Any of the concerts seen in the Billie Jean live video.

This would be a good idea,keeps the YT Channel Alive.More views more revenue for them.
Even if the Quality if crap like the Wembley DVD.at least something new.
But It's the Estate.They just lazy and don't care about everything.
Mostly Releasing old projects all over again.

But personally.I Would like to see.Anything from the 1st leg of Bad Tour (Live SC @ TWYMMF With Taitana)
Any Early show from DWT.and My personal favourite,Budapest 1996.

Bad: Kansas, NY MSG, Liverpool
Dangerous: Munich, London, Tokyo, Toulouse
History: Prague, Amsterdam 96, Sydney, Hawaii, Moscow, Taipei, Ostend

I would gladly buy a new concert every year.

Hopefully also som Jacksons concerts- Triumph and Victory.

I would definitely buy each and every one of the concerts, if they did that. It would be huge!

This made me think about what if they did streams of the shows on the original date the concert aired? That would be cool

To be honest, there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour. The public wouldn't be interested in multiple copies of the same setlist. If it changed on the second leg, with extra songs, that's what seamless branching is for.

I'm a massive fan of live music, but even I wouldn't want to build up a collection of every single concert. A lot of them you just watch once on YouTube, note the subtle differences, and move on.

Having said that, yeah, I'd love them to release something from Victory and HIStory.

Even if the Quality if crap like the Wembley DVD.at least something new.
It's unfair to blame Sony for this. We all know the reason for the low quality was Michael himself. He didn't want to release the concert, and he held out for so long that the original film was lost. That's why we ended up with a copy of a copy of a VHS that had been left to rot in a damp garage for 20 years.

If it had been released in the 80s or 90s, Wembley would have looked fantastic.

To be honest, there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour.

Having said that, yeah, I'd love them to release something from Victory and HIStory.

So you are talking about how boring is having multiple shows of the same tour... yet you want MORE History tour concerts? Are you kidding?

To be honest, there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour. The public wouldn't be interested in multiple copies of the same setlist. If it changed on the second leg, with extra songs, that's what seamless branching is for.

I'm a massive fan of live music, but even I wouldn't want to build up a collection of every single concert. A lot of them you just watch once on YouTube, note the subtle differences, and move on.

Speak for yourself. You're the only person I've ever heard say this. Most fans are interested in all the concerts they can get

Last edited:
To be honest, there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour. The public wouldn't be interested in multiple copies of the same setlist.

First of all, I stated in this thread that it doesn't have to be a Bluray or DVD release.

Secondly, supposed if the Estate release an new HQ 1988 concert on YouTube tomorrow, will you bet that there's no or very few views? Come on. Use some common sense. Even Ghosts full MV got millions of views, and that's nothing new to the fans nor the public.

Best was to release concerts this way would be streaming.
I don't know if it would be best for The Estate to upload on youtube - or to make deals with Netflix - or make their own streamingservice with all MJ content.

Speak for yourself. You're the only person I've ever heard say this. Most fans are interested in all the concerts they can get
I'm not speaking for myself. Read what I said "there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour. The public wouldn't be interested in multiple copies of the same setlist".

It's not about what I want. It's about what the public will pay for.

The only factor that affects this sort of decision is "will Sony make money out of this?" If there are lots of people (ie non-fans as well) then it will get a release, if not then it simply won't. Having a 3rd or a 4th Bad DVD really would be a waste of Sony's money.

I'd love to watch lots of different concerts. But I'm not the average guy in the street. I don't matter.

I'm not speaking for myself. Read what I said "there isn't any value in releasing more than one DVD from the same tour. The public wouldn't be interested in multiple copies of the same setlist".

It's not about what I want. It's about what the public will pay for.

The only factor that affects this sort of decision is "will Sony make money out of this?" If there are lots of people (ie non-fans as well) then it will get a release, if not then it simply won't. Having a 3rd or a 4th Bad DVD really would be a waste of Sony's money.

I'd love to watch lots of different concerts. But I'm not the average guy in the street. I don't matter.

Queen has released many concerts from same tour. Two Wembley concerts on dvd and the Budapest concert on Blu-Ray/dvd from the 1986 tour. MJ Estate could do it too.

Queen has released many concerts from same tour. Two Wembley concerts on dvd and the Budapest concert on Blu-Ray/dvd from the 1986 tour. MJ Estate could do it too.

More likely what will happen is they will release a high Def concert in 10 or 20 years and maybe re-release July 16th when the master tape is eventually found. I wouldn't expect anything more.

Please read my reply and what I stated in this post. There are various ways to release videos these days, other than DVD.

Also, don't just assume what people will buy or not. To my knowledge, there are plenty people would pay for watching a good Michael Jackson concert.

By the way, the Estate is making lots of money with just the name "Michael Jackson" anyway. Of course they can make money releasing stuff, but apperently that can also make money with almost no release. So don't you worry about them.

The estate should release all of his concerts, with the Jackson 5 and solo.
If only it really was this easy though. They're all more likely to be leaked than officially released at this point because more shows have been leaked than so

It would be cool if they released a concert every year! Sad knowing that it probably won't happen. As for the Victory tour concert, they would need permission from every Jackson brother to release it. I would mainly want to see footage from the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour. I do agree, watching everything that leaked over the years plus Bucharest and Wembley gets quite boring.

I'm pretty sure they would say yes. they need the money. not sure why they haven't release anything Jacksons related from the late 70's early to mid 80's. you would think they would. especially since it's late jacksons/thriller era.

i hope we get victory and triumph tour one day. :(

It would be cool if they released a concert every year! Sad knowing that it probably won't happen. As for the Victory tour concert, they would need permission from every Jackson brother to release it. I would mainly want to see footage from the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour. I do agree, watching everything that leaked over the years plus Bucharest and Wembley gets quite boring.

It never gets boring to me :) I watch at least one MJ concert every day and enjoy them all very much

Last edited:
I have always wondered why on earth no The Jacksons concerts have been released.

I always thought it was MJ who said NO and stopped the release?

But now MJ has been dead for 10 years... - One should think the brothers would like the concerts to be released so the can make some money.

Is it confirmed that any Triumph og Victory concert has been taped and audio recorded on multitracks?? - Is it possible for a HD release? I would even be happy with Wembley quality. - I just hope it is actually taped so it can/will be released one day.

I'm fairly sure the Victory tour was captured on film, not sure on the audio side though. The Triumph Tour would probably only be tape sourced though, referring to the footage in The One & OTW docu's but a live CD having been released, the audio could be multi's but more than likely a soundboard master tape. The Destiny Tour was partially captured on film also, I'm unsure how many songs but OTW is clearly film sourced as is that snippet in the OTW docu.

Back