Martin Bashir playing with Michael? :/

Karice

Proud Member
I remember a MJ Fan saying something like,"Martin Bashir was obviously playing Michael with that ill fated Bashir Documentary. I am a huge Fan of Michael but even I thought Michael was being REALLY clueless when he couldn't tell Bashir was NOT his Friend and he was being played by Bashir. I knew something bad was going to happen as a result of this Documentary. Bashir was making Michael look REALLY bad and Bashir even said he felt Michael was disturbing... and... The second Child Molestation Accusations came as a result of it... I called it! Michael shouldn't have trusted that Bashir Creep. Do you agree with what the Fan said?

Yeah he was played and looking at the behind the scenes footage it’s easy to see how. Bashir made many remarks about how great Neverland was and how his documentary was going to show the good side of Micheal. MJ always took people at their word and Bashir was a great manipulator. The man has attracted controversy lately because of his handling of the Princess Diana interview, but I think the real focus should be on how he destroyed Michael’s career and ultimately led to his death. He’s not a good person to say the least.

Snek;4313625 said:
Yeah he was played and looking at the behind the scenes footage it’s easy to see how. Bashir made many remarks about how great Neverland was and how his documentary was going to show the good side of Micheal. MJ always took people at their word and Bashir was a great manipulator. The man has attracted controversy lately because of his handling of the Princess Diana interview, but I think the real focus should be on how he destroyed Michael’s career and ultimately led to his death. He’s not a good person to say the least.

I remember when Martin Bashir got Brain Cancer, some MJ Fans REJOICED and LAUGHED, saying stuff like,"LOL! That's Bashir's Karma for playing Michael! Love it! :D"

Well he's got covid 19 now, so we can only hope... kidding....(not really)

i honestly feel michael knew something wasn't right. but as a nice man and superstar michael was/is he didn't turn down the doc. bash*t probably had something to with princess diana too.

evil awful man.

i honestly feel michael knew something wasn't right. but as a nice man and superstar michael was/is he didn't turn down the doc. bash*t probably had something to with princess diana too. evil awful man.
Michael should have turned down The Infamous Documentary.... MAYBE he wouldn't have been accused of the Second Child Molestation Accusations....

I just think bashir is a bad man. Just takes avanvtge of peoples good nature idk

MJ was incredibly naive. Idiotic at times, it's true. To sit on camera holding hands with a boy and talk about sharing your bedroom, what did he think would happen?

Around 2002 he acted foolish, the Sony demonstrations, the bizarre courtroom appearance with the beard and tape over his nose, the baby dangling, letting Bashir in to his life etc. There was something very wrong with him around this time. Not his best era...

Around 2002 he acted foolish, the Sony demonstrations, the bizarre courtroom appearance with the beard and tape over his nose, the baby dangling, letting Bashir in to his life etc. There was something very wrong with him around this time. Not his best era...

He did right by the sony demonstrations he had every right too, THEY DID HIM DIRTY!

rumandraisin;4314082 said:

What’s wrong with him having a beard? He looks good with it and that “tape” on his nose were just as I heard “nasal strips”. Don’t get us started on the Berlin incident, in paper he regretted, but behind all that he was mad and all he did is show the baby to fans and had a good grip on him. The media and the tabloids can go f:censored: themselves, same goes for Gloria Allretch for threatening Michael by dragging authorities into that.

8701girl;4314235 said:
He did right by the sony demonstrations he had every right too, THEY DID HIM DIRTY!

I agree, Sony screwed him. You don’t EVER screw with Michael!”

He looked very handsome with a beard. too bad he didn't wear it often. he even said he just wanted to grow his beard out. he didn't mean to cause so much trouble. i liked the beard on him.

the baby accident is old. bigi is 18 now. yes it was wrong but michael isn't different to any other parent. he Way better than some parents i hear and seen.

NatureCriminal7896;4314284 said:
He looked very handsome with a beard. too bad he didn't wear it often. he even said he just wanted to grow his beard out. he didn't mean to cause so much trouble. i liked the beard on him.

the baby accident is old. bigi is 18 now. yes it was wrong but michael isn't different to any other parent. he Way better than some parents i hear and seen.

It’s obvious he shaves and then hides it with make up and sometimes shown it without make up. Still wish we see more of Michael with a beard, I’m a beard guy myself.

yes they will. it's doesn't matter if Michael was/is a superstar or not. it's was wrong. there was others ways he could of show bigi by not holding him over the balcony.

Still, Allretch has no fricking @$$ right to threaten Michael by dragging child’s services into this, he said so himself that they should stay the hell out of this.

If any other parent did that on the balcony would they be investigated by children services? Ask yourselves that.

To be honest, I don't think many other parents would be questioned about it, or investigated by children's services. It was a lot of fuss over nothing - purely because it was Michael Jackson, in my opinion. It was an impulsive and ill-considered action, on his part, sure.....but was it worthy of the condemnation and recriminations he received because of it? A resounding "NO". Everything MJ did at that time was being exaggerated and publicised as "weird" by the media. By contrast, parents put their young kids perilessly on their shoulders all the time; they swing them around by their arms for "fun"; toss them in the air, in swimming pools; take them to violent rallies and protests, placing them in harm's way. Steve Irwin held his new born son in his arms, while feeding a crocodile and in some countries, kids are still unrestrained in cars and they ride on their parents' laps on motor bikes, without helmets. Every single day, children who literally are abused by their parents, are evaluated by Children's Services and then returned to those abusive homes....or abused in foster homes and returned to those same foster homes for it to happen all over again. Michael's action (for all of five seconds) pales into insignificance, in comparison to some of these other things and speaking of involving Children's Services was/is completely unwarranted. JMO

In my opinion, as a normal avenge human being. it was wrong what michael did. would i call child services on him? no. BUT it was still wrong.

If any other parent did that on the balcony would they be investigated by children services? Ask yourselves that.
How many years ago was this? ALL PARENTS make mistakes, the ONLY difference was MJ made mistake in PULBIC. My mom was sitting by and I took a doll and stuck in the OPEN FIREPLACE and went running with it when I was 5 years. So again, All parents are guilty even the parents who act self righteous and judge about MJ about what he did. I had one relative who went on & on about MJ making that mistake in 2002 and I had to remind her she let TWO KIDS stay at home ALONE while she went to the CLUB to party. She got mad with me but I had to show her "if a camera was running to catch what she did in the 80's, she would be judged as well. It shut her up.

To be honest, I don't think many other parents would be questioned about it, or investigated by children's services. It was a lot of fuss over nothing - purely because it was Michael Jackson, in my opinion. It was an impulsive and ill-considered action, on his part, sure.....but was it worthy of the condemnation and recriminations he received because of it? A resounding "NO". Everything MJ did at that time was being exaggerated and publicised as "weird" by the media. By contrast, parents put their young kids perilessly on their shoulders all the time; they swing them around by their arms for "fun"; toss them in the air, in swimming pools; take them to violent rallies and protests, placing them in harm's way. Steve Irwin held his new born son in his arms, while feeding a crocodile and in some countries, kids are still unrestrained in cars and they ride on their parents' laps on motor bikes, without helmets. Every single day, children who literally are abused by their parents, are evaluated by Children's Services and then returned to those abusive homes....or abused in foster homes and returned to those same foster homes for it to happen all over again. Michael's action (for all of five seconds) pales into insignificance, in comparison to some of these other things and speaking of involving Children's Services was/is completely unwarranted. JMO
So true.

Parents do stupid things all the time where they look back and think did i do that. Luckily for 99.9% of them they dont have the worlds media and thousands of ppl watching them as they do it. Mj messed up .shock horror he was a human being and fecked up sometimes (contrary to the lynch mobs agenda)

Last edited:

A man with a beard how weird and bizarre is that you sound like bashir? tape was for allergies. He was fecked off with mottola and the games they were playing with vince since the recording stages of it.been there in London 2002 was rather enjoyable actually. Ask geller about talking mj into letting bashir interview him,the bribe certainly helped. Bashir has a history of it. Criticize mj then you can criticize all the other ppl that have been taken in by him over the years. From diana to the babe in the woods families etc etc. telling mj he wanted to meet a child that he had helped asking him to hold hands etc. Shock horror he didnt want to interview dave dave that was there the same day as arvizo. I guess a disfigured adult didnt fit the plan.

I got this memory in my head since re-reading about the balcony in another thread on this forum...
My own father used to play with me as if I was an airplane at some balcony, and I was just old enough to realise there was something wrong... I can still feel the disappointment and "violence" I felt towards him in the minutes after... When I say I "violence" here I mean it as a reaction to a threat from someone who shouldn't be a threat to you and thoughts like "What the **** did you just do to me? What are you thinking?".
All he got was a remark from my mother... we're not famous.

When I saw MJ's balcony thing... Which I don't remember that clearly, I just though he was distracted, somehow goofy, but enthusiastic to show his baby to his fans...

--------------

I'm actually reading this thread because I wanted to ask a question regarding Bashir's documentary.
In the documentary we see Michael behaving weirdly with Gavin... But now that I re-watch some images I wonder... was it actually
the other way around?

But what I was wondering right now was, do we see that woman (at 4:01 in the video) leaning on Michael in the documentary? I don't remember it well enough. And who is he?

Last edited:
Ok, well, the 2005 accusations were that part of the story I knew the less about... but this complete documentary (which i posted video #2 in previous thread) was quite interesting and relevant to this thread.
I just realised that if I write this post as I initially thought, it will get emptied but to "Promotion policy violation."
So here are just references: Title "La Historia no Contada de Neverland" (it's in English but most versions I can have with Spanish titles and subtitles) by Larry Nimer.

It includes some Bashir's outtakes... which hint that most likely Bashir made Michael think that his documentary be somewhat different...

Ok, well, the 2005 accusations were that part of the story I knew the less about... but this complete documentary (which i posted video #2 in previous thread) was quite interesting and relevant to this thread.
I just realised that if I write this post as I initially thought, it will get emptied but to "Promotion policy violation."
So here are just references: Title "La Historia no Contada de Neverland" (it's in English but most versions I can have with Spanish titles and subtitles) by Larry Nimer.

It includes some Bashir's outtakes... which hint that most likely Bashir made Michael think that his documentary be somewhat different...

I'm not sure you understand what the promotion policy is. You can post a YouTube video:

21. Posting links on threads or in signatures to promote or link to competing Michael Jackson forums or websites. Do not promote other Michael Jackson fan clubs, fan sites, forums, multimedia websites, podcasts, et cetera, through the threads, signatures, and/or profiles or by any other means on MJJC. You may post links to personal blogs or social media accounts like YouTube. If you are unsure whether a link is permitted or not, please feel free to post in the Help and Information Center or private message (PM) a staff member. MJJC staff will decide whether or not a link is permitted.

Since you're a new member you should read the board rules: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ty-Board-Rules-and-Posting-Guidelines-Updated

I'm not sure you understand what the promotion policy is. You can post a YouTube video:

Yeah I must say I got a bit confused as I was not promoting anything but I was posting a link that was relevant to a thread, but then it's got removed, because it was from a MJ-dedicated blog? That's what I understood. Then, rule 22 also suggests citing sources...

Here for the video(s), instead of posting 5 links, I wanted to post a link to another related blogpost. Then I thought no. Then the whole video as a single link on YouTube but noticed it was on the account of an MJ "fan clubs". So I thought "maybe no" again... Then I went for posting without links.

Yeah I must say I got a bit confused as I was not promoting anything but I was posting a link that was relevant to a thread, but then it's got removed, because it was from a MJ-dedicated blog? That's what I understood. Then, rule 22 also suggests citing sources...

Here for the video(s), instead of posting 5 links, I wanted to post a link to another related blogpost. Then I thought no. Then the whole video as a single link on YouTube but noticed it was on the account of an MJ "fan clubs". So I thought "maybe no" again... Then I went for posting without links.
If you want to post some content from another MJ fan site you can source with the name of the site, just no links or promotion. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

Back