Neverland Valley Ranch Has Been Sold

LeslieMJ

Proud Member
Hi All,

I just found out that Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, the owner of Neverland Valley Ranch, sold the property on December 17 for $22M to Remember LLC from Delaware.

At this point I don't know who is behind Remember LLC, if this means that the ranch has new owners or this is a kind of a re-organisation with the same shareholders. My gut feeling says that there are new owners, as it doesn't make much sense to move the property from one LLC to another in Delaware and move $22M at the same time.

But if anyone can join to the research, that would be great! :)

Update: Remember, LLC was represented in the deal by a lawyer called Robert Birmingham, who is a veteran real estate attorney. He works for the Yucaipa Companies, owned by MJ's then friend, Bob Burkle. Burkle was part of at least two attempts to reorganise the debts on Neverland while MJ was still alive.

Intresting. Thanks leslie. Delaware is a tax haven (thats prob the wrong terminology)but maybe if its not been "sold" its been done to save on something else

Intresting. Thanks leslie. Delaware is a tax haven (thats prob the wrong terminology)but maybe if its not been "sold" its been done to save on something else

I was thinking about this as well, but I don't see how they could save taxes by moving the property from one Delaware company to another versus moving it from for example from a California entity to a Delaware one.
Also, in my update post I could find the tracks to that the acquiring company is connected to Ron Burkle (so far it was connected to Tom Barack).

So what could this means? big news for neverland?

I'm not sure if this will change anything from the fans' point of view, as Neverland still won't be accessible for the general public.
Though it's interesting that the new owners named the company acquiring the property "Remember LLC".

I'm not sure if this will change anything from the fans' point of view, as Neverland still won't be accessible for the general public.
Though it's interesting that the new owners named the company acquiring the property "Remember LLC".

bummer.

i hope the new owners take care of it well and keep it like Michael would of had it. good luck to the new owners. i'm not gonna lie it does seem interesting. that's probably why this year they threw all the fans flowers etc away from the gates. :(

i hope the new owners not michael haters because that would be a darn shame and break many fans hearts.

this probably maybe another chapter ending for us fans. r.i.p michael you will always be remembered. :cry:

**** it I don't know how to feel about that
Thanx for the memories m

It is said Ron Burkle brought it. He is a big supporter of MJ. Glad it sold and I hope Mr. Burkle take goo care of it or make it a museum to MJ so people can pay to go into NL.

Long Time Michael Jackson Friend Ron Burkle Buys the Former Neverland Ranch as A Land Bank Investment

Long Time Michael Jackson Friend Ron Burkle Buys the Former Neverland Ranch as A Land Bank Investment | Showbiz411

by Roger Friedman - <time itemprop="dateCreated" class="entry-date updated" datetime="2020-12-24T11:21:00+00:00" style="color: rgb(203, 203, 203); font-family: Ubuntu, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">December 24, 2020 11:21 am
neverland.jpg

Colony Capital and Tom Barrack no longer own Michael Jackson’s former Neverland Ranch.
Ron Burkle — investor, philanthropist and supermarket king — has bought the Sycamore Valley Ranch from Barrack for a reported $22 million.

I like this idea a lot. Burkle was a good friend to Michael, sheltering him and helping with financial problems when he needed it.
Burkle’s aide de camp Frank Quintero tells me:

“This is a land bank of 2700 acres of spectacular land. Ron Burkle is a resident of Montana and has owned approximately 1,000 acres in Oak Glen, California since the 70s. Like that property, this is just a land bank opportunity.”

Quintero continues: “At the time he purchased the Sycamore Valley Ranch property it was not listed and he bought it from the seller directly. Ron was looking at Zaca Lake, which adjoins the property, for a possible Soho House retreat. which he decided was over priced and far too remote. The Sycamore Valley Ranch property adjoins it and when Ron saw the land from the air he called Tom Barrack directly and asked if he’d sell it. ”

During the last 10 years of his life, Michael let Neverland wilt. By the time he died, the property had been through foreclosure. Barrack and Colony Capital came in through Michael’s erstwhile manager, the horrible Tohme Tohme, who worked for Barrack and came to be one of last financial predators of the King of Pop.

Burkle will not be living at Neverland, Quintero says. He remains a full time resident of Montana. Who knows? Maybe he’ll let the Jackson children do something with the ranch. But I have no information on that, it’s just speculation.

</time>

Last edited:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
MTV_Movie_Awards_Post_Party_at_Ron_Burkle's_Beverly_Hills_Mansion.jpg

From Left to Right
Michael Jackson, Sean "Puffy" Combs, Ron Burkle

Neverland was purchased by the late King of Pop.

duh. but he banned it after the trial. near the end of his life he moved to somewhere else that he loved better. so in reality michael didn't care about neverland anymore. so in reality we shouldn't either in my opinion.

i hope ron take good care of neverland. that's all i hope for. he might make it into something good. hopes for the future good luck ron.

fans on social media not so happy about the news. they all saying they trying to erase michael. i kind of disagree with that. michael will never be erase. michael "home" is nothing but wood. he was human being and he did so many things on this earth it doesn't matter if his "home" is sold. some fans have too much time in their hands. it was never his "home" in the first place. he just brought it, rename it, and add things to it.

i do feel sad what they did to him to make him not like it more. *sighs* r.i.p michael you will always be in our hearts.

If it gets turned into a musem or whatever I couldn't vist it because he didn't like it in the end did he too many painful memorys. I'd always think back to the trial, Memories so painful
so I couldn't vist that place if you paid me

It would be nice if either Neverland becomes a museum or whether maybe his kids can move back in, but those damned neighbours are just being fricks about these ideas, a couple of months ago, some moron on YouTube claims he lived close to Neverland was against the idea of Neverland becoming a museum and I said, if you don’t like it then move away for all I care, beside California laws are f:censored:ed up anyways and I really don’t give a frick about em’.

I doubt those that control the area will allow it. It was always the plan to erase mj from there. Remember sneddons words "im gonna drive that N***** out of the county"

PoP;4313994 said:
It would be nice if either Neverland becomes a museum or whether maybe his kids can move back in, but those damned neighbours are just being fricks about these ideas, a couple of months ago, some moron on YouTube claims he lived close to Neverland was against the idea of Neverland becoming a museum and I said, if you don’t like it then move away for all I care, beside California laws are f:censored:ed up anyways and I really don’t give a frick about em’.

it would be nice for the kids and family to own it like they said even the estate wanted BUT it would cost too much money. while i agree with the guy they deserve their privately too. your right usa laws are mess up. too bad i live here. i feel so bad for the family. smh.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Feliz navidad Michael. &#129402;&#10084;&#65039; <a href="https://t.co/oMaZNZPe9V">pic.twitter.com/oMaZNZPe9V</a></p>&mdash; Sebastián Martínez &#127769; (@sebasmjjj) <a href="https://twitter.com/sebasmjjj/status/1342643275895861248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In Michael's own words: "it's a house now, not a home." I hope they keep the gardens and property well maintained, and the new owners can enjoy it as their home. After what happened, it was never going to be a Graceland-style memorial to Michael that some fans really want.

I doubt burkle will live in it. It appears to have been bought as a land investment. Id be surprised if he doesn't look into doing something with it but if its the same ppl who run the area as b4 then i doubt it will get anywhere. Time will tell?

Yeah intop of several other comments containing the N word .Several independent witnesses claimed to have heard it at a fundraiser for sneddons cronies in santa b back in the day. It was all reported on mjjf back when everything was going on with gary dunlap trying to stand for election as D.A and been maliciously prosecuted by sneddon and dr sundaram been set up.

duh. but he banned it after the trial. near the end of his life he moved to somewhere else that he loved better. so in reality michael didn't care about neverland anymore. so in reality we shouldn't either in my opinion.

That is not true. Had he truly hated it, he would have sold it and wouldn't have held on to it. He only sold 50%, so he still cared about the place.

If it gets turned into a musem or whatever I couldn't vist it because he didn't like it in the end did he too many painful memorys. I'd always think back to the trial, Memories so painful
so I couldn't vist that place if you paid me

This would be the only place that would make sense as a Michael Jackson Museum. It is still an amazing place and it would be a shame if it would be gone to waste. We have Graceland, we have Paisley Park. We should have Neverland. It's only about logistics. It should be possible to make it happen, without upsetting the neighbours. Forbid individual traffic and get people there by bus. Shouldn't be that hard. That's how they do it at Graceland or Hearst Castle.

Back