MJ Songs You Would Never Want to Hear as an Official Cover.

Mjjpikagurl

Proud Member
Is there a song(s) of MJ's that you would never want to hear anyone do a cover of for any reason? For me, personally, it would be "Stranger In Moscow", "D.S.", and "Childhood" to an extent. The reason woould be because those songs seem to be way too personal for anyone else to perform or record unless they have been through either the same or similar situation.

Re: Songs You Would Never Want to Hear Anyoen Do an Official Cover Of.

With the exception of Come Together (Which is already a cover song) and You Are Not Alone all of the HIStory album

Not a single artist can do any track on the BAD Album justice imo.

Stranger In Moscow
There's already one for this. It's a jazz instrumental though. There's a local radio station that plays jazz music most of the time except on Fridays & Sundays.

There's already one for this. It's a jazz instrumental though. There's a local radio station that plays jazz music most of the time except on Fridays & Sundays.
I am talking about the song with the lyrics

Tame Impala has covered the song as a psychadelic version. Pretty dope tbh

"Remember the Time" should NEVER be song by anyone else. :cool:

While we can't not stop anyone to covering any Michael songs. i'll say the songs that was very personal to him and worked hard on.

i agree. Michael cover of Come Together is actually better in my opinion. love the Beatles but i'm gonna agree with that.

Yeah there's actually quite a lot of MJ songs that I can't imagine anybody else singing. Most of Bad. All of HIStory. Half of Dangerous.

Too late: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remember+the+time+covers
(There's even an Hanson cover...)

Also regarding covers, I found this tribute album/compilation really interesting. Not that I really like everything, but I felt like the artists really re-made the songs they're own way:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Mic...A-Tribute-To-Michael-Jackson/release/14119374
(And the first track is Remember the time by The Temptations.)

Too late: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remember+the+time+covers
(There's even an Hanson cover...)

Also regarding covers, I found this tribute album/compilation really interesting. Not that I really like everything, but I felt like the artists really re-made the songs they're own way:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Mic...A-Tribute-To-Michael-Jackson/release/14119374
(And the first track is Remember the time by The Temptations.)
Rtt by the temptations??? ???

You don't like it?

Not a single artist can do any track on the BAD Album justice imo.
MJ disagrees:

I'm personally too fan of many of the vocals in that cover.

Also I like Siedah Garett's live performances of "Man in the mirror" (and legitimate as she wrote the song).

You don't like it?

MJ disagrees:

I'm personally too fan of many of the vocals in that cover.

Also I like Siedah Garett's live performances of "Man in the mirror" (and legitimate as she wrote the song).

^ AAF also did BJ

I actually like these both versions from alien art farm. i didn't even know they exist until last year. they don't do music anymore i think. the group broke up or something....

Some YouTube confusion there.
I though it was a band call "The Bates" who did the first "rock" cover of Billie Jean and I don't remember it from AAF, but I could totally have missed it.
But after checking, the version you are linking is by The Bates

doing billie jean is always a big nono in my book.
also a lot of the dangerous tracks ,theres this level of engery mj puts into the vocals there that doing anything other than what he does sounds funny to me,like it dont match the vibe and also copying him is cringy to me so id rather people leave these(and honestly most of his) songs alone.

especially upbeat songs

Some YouTube confusion there.
I though it was a band call "The Bates" who did the first "rock" cover of Billie Jean and I don't remember it from AAF, but I could totally have missed it.
But after checking, the version you are linking is by The Bates

wow. i didn't know that.

I'm sure you'll change your mind after watching this guys masterpiece performance:D:D

Is there a thread with worst or goofiest MJ impersonators? Well on one hand I think it would be fun, on another hand I don't think it would be really respectful.

exactly. you may have to ask the mods. there's thread of MJ impersonators somewhere on the forum. some people don't like impersonators. i have no problems with them the only thing i don't like about them if they trying to be exactly MJ as their whole life saying their the new MJ....

Back