View Poll Results: Should The MJ Fandom Stay Out Of Politics?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

2 50.00%

Thread: Should The MJ Fandom Stay Out Of Politics?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,169 Posts

Default Should The MJ Fandom Stay Out Of Politics?

If this in the wrong thread please move it.

I'm a person who not into politics or like them. but lately the MJ fandom has been more in to politics which as person who don't like them or into them don't like and feels it's changing the community into something it wasn't.

while everyone in the MJ fandom have their own different views, backgrounds, etc. and the fact this community is very diverse there's always gonna be someone who disagree with something or someone.

that being said Michael was a black man who LOVED ALL HIS FANS. regards what their views, backgrounds, etc were. he loved and respected everyone.

Michael didn't always had to make a political statement because he said many times he did it in his music. he was humanitarian.

it's sadly me what this fandom is turning. i agree some problems should be address but in an respectful fashion matter. not rude and hurtful which divides the fandom more and more.

this community is becoming more and more divided over people disagreeing with people views, backgrounds, etc.

i swear if this community is becoming like this i will become more distance in it. like i said many times before. i love Michael. but i'm am becoming not to like the community anymore.

i understand there's always bad apples that make any community bad (no pun) but to see it in the MJ fandom hurts because if Michael was alive he wouldn't allow it.

really sad seeing what this community is heading.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 11-01-2021 at 12:18 AM.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Should The MJ Fandom Stay Out Of Politics?

Thank you for this engaging post. No, i don't think mj's fans should stay out of politics. I believe a topic like this allows us as fans to bond together more; cuz it grants us opportunity to open up to each other on a number of things. We get stimulating conversations and view points. We get to know each other more, we get to find out how we feel and think on matters.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

We should all be entitled to our political views, but respect those of others.
    I for one see voting as a responsibility not a privilege if you live in a real democracy (Not like some dictatorship or tyranny).

I find people who complain the most about Politicians and the state of their countries, are the one least likely to vote.

Many people in many countries fight for their rights to vote and can't, hence why we should cherish it and use it fully.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mjprince1976 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjprince1976 View Post
    We should all be entitled to our political views, but respect those of others.
    I for one see voting as a responsibility not a privilege if you live in a real democracy (Not like some dictatorship or tyranny).

I find people who complain the most about Politicians and the state of their countries, are the one least likely to vote.

Many people in many countries fight for their rights to vote and can't, hence why we should cherish it and use it fully.

So, you make an interesting point. Are you saying it upsets you that more people don't vote? And do you think it would improve things a great deal?

Let me clarify this more. In my opinion, just because more people vote, doesn't mean the ratio won't stay the same. Example, 10 people vote, 5 vote for x and 5 vote for y. If 20 people vote, it may still be 10 voting for x and 10 voting for y. See what i mean ?
    Last edited by miss rose; 15-01-2021 at 05:59 PM.