Has anyone watched this video?

Mjjpikagurl

Proud Member
This video called "Michael Jackson Someone in the Dark" has been showing up on my recommendations a lot lately. I am considering watching it but I am wondering if anyone else has seen it and if it is any good or is it tabloid junk. I just don't want to support any tabloids.

I don't plan on watching it....it's far too long....but I have scrolled through it and read some of the comments on youtube. It seems as though it's a mostly positive and sympathetic unauthorised biography. I don't think there's any information in it that most hard core/long time fans don't already know and I don't think there's any footage in it that they haven't seen. It might be a good place to start, for new fans who'd like a complete overview, but it seems as though it's a sad tale about the toll that Michael's life and struggles with media character assassination took on his health.

Examples of some of the comments:

"Wonderful ART PIECE. A study of a sweet innocent boy brutalized by humanity and showbiz, driven mad. Misunderstood and abused by greed. He naively thought he could heal the world. He tried with talent that beyond our mere mortal comprehension he was not one. Difficult to watch him go mad and self-destruct but I appreciate the new understanding this piece provided me. I have new compassion and empathy for this man who gave everything he had. I don't judge him. I LOVE him even more now."

"I just watched this and I am probably the only who thinks this, but I feel like apologizing to Michael for mankind. For the way people treated him. It absolutely disgusts me and it makes me chill to the bone that people can be so cruel. Personally, i agree with the woman who said that he died inside and his body caught up to him.. And I honestly believe that, when he died, the world stood still and was at peace, celebrating his legacy. He will forever live in our hearts. Rest in peace Michael."

"wow. This was incredible. I have so many questions about your inspiration for taking on the job of creating this film. It's an incredible work of art.

What was your intention with the inclusion of the disclaimer "This is not for the fans" at the beginning?"

"So shameful how the world esp. the media treated this one in a world time beautiful multitalented warm stunning human being. He did so much to mankind during his short stay in the world, through his music, dance, fashion, film, poems and humanitarian work. He gave us all he could. But in return got so much jealousy and chaos. The accusations proved false after immense amount of investigation so after that it should have been all about the misleading accusers. Not about Michael the victim. But the media made their own conclusions and tried to portray MJ as negative as they could. The false accusations not only damaged him financially, but also wasted his precious time. And most of all it broke him, mentally and physically. Wish none of those outrageous accusations happened and he was still with us doing his great work and giving so much to the world. He also faught against the music industry for his fellow musicians but only a few had his back. So tragic. Miss you with great respect and love. So sorry you had to go through so much unnecessary pain and chaos the greedy unthankful ppl caused you.
Michael Jackson =LOVE & Greatness"

"While I did enjoy being able to relive part of my own childhood by watching the early years of The Jackson 5, I did notice that the parts about Michael's court cases were edited so they were mixed up, thus shining a negative light about him. Also, the autopsy was totally uncalled for, which IMHO puts the makers of this vid in the same category as the media who slowly and painfully killed Michael little by little."

I don't plan on watching it....it's far too long....but I have scrolled through it and read some of the comments on youtube. It seems as though it's a mostly positive and sympathetic unauthorised biography. I don't think there's any information in it that most hard core/long time fans don't already know and I don't think there's any footage in it that they haven't seen. It might be a good place to start, for new fans who'd like a complete overview, but it seems as though it's a sad tale about the toll that Michael's life and struggles with media character assassination took on his health.

Examples of some of the comments:

"Wonderful ART PIECE. A study of a sweet innocent boy brutalized by humanity and showbiz, driven mad. Misunderstood and abused by greed. He naively thought he could heal the world. He tried with talent that beyond our mere mortal comprehension he was not one. Difficult to watch him go mad and self-destruct but I appreciate the new understanding this piece provided me. I have new compassion and empathy for this man who gave everything he had. I don't judge him. I LOVE him even more now."

"I just watched this and I am probably the only who thinks this, but I feel like apologizing to Michael for mankind. For the way people treated him. It absolutely disgusts me and it makes me chill to the bone that people can be so cruel. Personally, i agree with the woman who said that he died inside and his body caught up to him.. And I honestly believe that, when he died, the world stood still and was at peace, celebrating his legacy. He will forever live in our hearts. Rest in peace Michael."

"wow. This was incredible. I have so many questions about your inspiration for taking on the job of creating this film. It's an incredible work of art.

What was your intention with the inclusion of the disclaimer "This is not for the fans" at the beginning?"

"So shameful how the world esp. the media treated this one in a world time beautiful multitalented warm stunning human being. He did so much to mankind during his short stay in the world, through his music, dance, fashion, film, poems and humanitarian work. He gave us all he could. But in return got so much jealousy and chaos. The accusations proved false after immense amount of investigation so after that it should have been all about the misleading accusers. Not about Michael the victim. But the media made their own conclusions and tried to portray MJ as negative as they could. The false accusations not only damaged him financially, but also wasted his precious time. And most of all it broke him, mentally and physically. Wish none of those outrageous accusations happened and he was still with us doing his great work and giving so much to the world. He also faught against the music industry for his fellow musicians but only a few had his back. So tragic. Miss you with great respect and love. So sorry you had to go through so much unnecessary pain and chaos the greedy unthankful ppl caused you.
Michael Jackson =LOVE & Greatness"

"While I did enjoy being able to relive part of my own childhood by watching the early years of The Jackson 5, I did notice that the parts about Michael's court cases were edited so they were mixed up, thus shining a negative light about him. Also, the autopsy was totally uncalled for, which IMHO puts the makers of this vid in the same category as the media who slowly and painfully killed Michael little by little."
Thanks for replying to me. I am just very cautious about anything that I watch dealing with MJ.

Back