Torture on The Best Remixes

Piek

Proud Member
Hi guys,

I just gave my copy of The Jacksons – The Best Remixes (a Japanese release) a spin. I always thought this cd had two actual remixes (John Luongo mixes of Shake Your Body and Blame It On The Boogie) and four album versions, including Torture. At the end of Torture, I expected the usual 'screeching' guitar, followed by Jackie's ad libs... but they weren't there. I never noticed before. It actually has a much nicer ending. But what is the story about this version? It's the same length as the album version – it's not the 7" or 12" version. Why did they change it? (And if this is a later release, why didn't the Estate use it on the Scream album?)

Just rediscovering Torture!

That's interesting, I think I must have heard this version, once downloaded from mjhideout, but it should have been from the 2010 (?) Japanese re-release of victory. But now at least we know the version is from 'the best remixes' EP, are there any credits on the booklet of this release?

That's interesting, I think I must have heard this version, once downloaded from mjhideout, but it should have been from the 2010 (?) Japanese re-release of victory. But now at least we know the version is from 'the best remixes' EP, are there any credits on the booklet of this release?

Here are the credits from the booklet:

Torture.jpg

It doesn't seem to mention anything different...

Back