Three Jacksons' albums will be re-released with bonus songs and the Live will be re-issued

Zack44

Proud Member
This article just came from Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jacksons-reissues-1120068/

The Jacksons (1976), Goin' Places, and Destiny are going to be re-released (presumably on streaming platforms at least for now) on February 12th. They will each contain a handful of bonus tracks, which are all alternative mixes of pre-existing songs (i.e. the 7" version of Shake Your Body).

Unfortunately, no unreleased material

Also, on March 25th the Jacksons Live album from 1981 will be re-issued on vinyl, which is neat.

Well at least this shows they haven't forgot the anniversaries. i wish we was getting unrelease stuff like the tours.

I'm happy the Live album is getting a rerelease on vinyl. I wonder when Destiny and Triumph will be rereleased on vinyl after The Jacksons and Goin Places were rereleased on vinyl 3 years ago.

At least there's something I never heard of : That's What You Het (For Being Polite) 12" mix... Besides that...nothing more

I have question.. I'm not familiar with digital releases as I always buy physical CD's. Will I be able somehow to download lossless tracks or it will be only streaming?

^ I think they're streaming only, at least for now.

Also, on Spotify, they've already released one of the new alternative mixes from each album as a teaser. Enjoy Yourself (12" mix), Find me a Girl (7" Mix) and the John Luongo Disco mix of Shake Your Body are available to hear. Here's the link for the latter:

https://open.spotify.com/album/17mBTkfPizkhKEszrpWXeU?si=KZw-5DqCRUKXg4TE0QCXTQ

In my opinion, if the sales for the Live vinyl re-issue are strong enough, the estate might consider releasing a concert DVD/Bluray down the line. Personally, I'm holpe they do a Victory album re-release with the unreleased Freddie Mercury demos plus a DVD of a Victory Tour concert.

I have question.. I'm not familiar with digital releases as I always buy physical CD's. Will I be able somehow to download lossless tracks or it will be only streaming?

You should be able to get them from stores which offer lossless downloads, e.g. HDtracks

edit:

so far, only French Qobuz store has listed the upcomming expanded releases.

They'll be only in 24/44.1 while the previous non expanded version are in 24/96 quality.

At least there's something I never heard of : That's What You Het (For Being Polite) 12" mix... Besides that...nothing more

it's only 02:32 minutes

Last edited:
One bonus track off each album has been uploaded on the offical The Jacksons youtube channel.

Captain.EO;4316721 said:
I'm probably most excited for "That’s What You Get (For Being Polite) (12” Version)"

Me too... Apparently, That’s What You Get (For Being Polite) was ready to be released as a single... but wasn't released after all. Why else would there have been a 12" mix?

Piek;4316852 said:
Me too... Apparently, That’s What You Get (For Being Polite) was ready to be released as a single... but wasn't released after all. Why else would there have been a 12" mix?

It's a b-side track on 12" single of Destiny (S EPC 12 6983)

R-15735-1172273620.jpeg.jpg

R-157305-1175038119.jpeg.jpg

Bummer! I thought it would be an extended thing... this is even shorter than a radio edit!

I think it was used as an appetizer in order to stimulate the LP sales. Beside of that, the b-side of the Destiny 12" was probably used to its maximum extend (the other track is the 7 minutes lasting John Luango mix of BOTB).

I just listened to the new expanded edition of Destiny. Kinda like the mix by Reverend P.... only the beginning is a bit too repetitive., I think.

Listening to these now. 1st notifications this mornin!
1. Thats what you get - 1:52 SOUNDS HORRIBLE! They put a kick & a hat on top of the beat??*??.
2. Show you the way to go 7in ending is longer than the original. I love it!

Last edited:
'Destiny' is such a great album!

Yes it is! I always call it Michael's first solo album... not to diminish his brothers, absolutely not, but IT IS a Michael Jackson album. It's him singing all lead vocals, except for Bless His Soul (which is kind of a duet with Michael and Jackie). He has songwriting credits on all the songs, except for Blame It On The Boogie. And most of all: this is Michael performing without Quincy, Teddy, Bill or Rodney, this is Michael sounding great without the recording wizardry of Bruce Swedien, this is... mainly him. And his brothers of course, but I think I am not the only one to believe Michael had the upper hand when working with his brothers...

That's what makes Destiny so interesting to me. It's sort of unfiltered MJ. This is what he wanted to record, in 1978. I like it a lot.

Yes it is! I always call it Michael's first solo album... not to diminish his brothers, absolutely not, but IT IS a Michael Jackson album. It's him singing all lead vocals, except for Bless His Soul (which is kind of a duet with Michael and Jackie). He has songwriting credits on all the songs, except for Blame It On The Boogie. And most of all: this is Michael performing without Quincy, Teddy, Bill or Rodney, this is Michael sounding great without the recording wizardry of Bruce Swedien, this is... mainly him. And his brothers of course, but I think I am not the only one to believe Michael had the upper hand when working with his brothers...

That's what makes Destiny so interesting to me. It's sort of unfiltered MJ. This is what he wanted to record, in 1978. I like it a lot.
I rarely hear the brothers on any of those songs. I bet they aren't on alot of songs. Mjs bkgv are apparent

it's album review time: The Jacksons - first 3 albums re-released
good remastered but bad is That's What You Get (For Being Polite) [DJ Reverend P Remix]

Not excited at all ... I think that most remasters from after year 2000 sound awful (the Jacksons albums and Thriller are the most acceptable cases I can think of though, all kinds of artists included), I don't like remixes (except exceptions), just a few of the single mixes are actually longer than the album versions...

Randy's contribution was enormous. In fact, he was the main writer of Shake Your Body. Michael joined later. Randy was the initiator of the melody. And in other songs he also made a serious contribution.

The writing of the album is not very typical of Michael's songwriting style (when he wrote alone). Except maybe "All Night Dancin".

The writing of the album is not very typical of Michael's songwriting style (when he wrote alone). Except maybe "All Night Dancin".

Really? Not sure if it's what you are pointing at, but I sometimes wonder where all these "I'm gonna go out and dance" songs influence came from (maybe from J5 era) and why they completely disappeared starting from Thriller.

Also, I knew that Blame It On The Boogie was written by someone else, but I wasn't aware that it is actually a cover: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame_It_on_the_Boogie

Back