Captain NEO, the new Captain EO(?)

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
In 2018, a list of projects that Disney was considering working on leaked. The list was a number of titles and drawings for TV cartoon and this list included “The Aristocats” based on the movie of the same name; “Park Poppers”, a variation of Mary Poppins, “The Haunted Mansion” based on Eddie Murphy’s movie and “Captain Neo”, an TV adaptation of “Captain Eo” with Michael Jackson.

This list was joined with a preview drawing of each TV series and obviously, most of them never came to life and went back straight to the Disney vault for now.

Captain Neo was supposed to be a mini series created by Joe Pitt, directed by Moreno Hugo and animated by Matt Williames and Clio Chiang but Disney rejected it.

So the only thing left is this drawing and the name from 2018.

blob

probably for the best to be honest. The only people interested, (us MJ fans!) probably would have been disappointed by it because after Leaving Neverland I'm sure it would have been Michael-less.

It seemed already less Michael, looking at the drawing. The different name, different design. I wonder what the story was. Was NEO a descendant of EO?

Disney removed A Simpson episode with Michael Jackson on Disney+
So I doubt they will work on anything related to MJ

^^^

That was a terrible move from Disney IMO. Still can't believe they would do that.

Where is the justice anno 2020? - Now it's like you are guilty untill you prove you are innocent... It's so wrong and sad.

probably for the best to be honest. The only people interested, (us MJ fans!) probably would have been disappointed by it because after Leaving Neverland I'm sure it would have been Michael-less.

in my opinion i think it would be Michaelless because Michael isn't alive anymore. i feel an Captain EO reboot would be awful without Michael or fans involve. this was suppose to be made sometime 2018 but scraped so maybe one day. but not anytime soon.

It seemed already less Michael, looking at the drawing. The different name, different design. I wonder what the story was. Was NEO a descendant of EO?

i agree. i'm not digging the art either. i'm not sure who all the other characters with him. i don't see hooter. i hope this dude was the descendant of EO. i doubt EO would be holding an guitar right now....

^^^

That was a terrible move from Disney IMO. Still can't believe they would do that.

Where is the justice anno 2020? - Now it's like you are guilty untill you prove you are innocent... It's so wrong and sad.

it was an terrible move. all fans agree it was dumb. i'm sorry to break it to you justice doesn't exist anymore. if it did alot of problems would be solve by now and isn't. not just Michael case but alot things in this world. i hate being in this world. ugh.

If this ever brought back to life i hope they use a different art style. just because this been scraped doesn't mean this won't ever happen. i just hope this stick to the original story. Leaving Neverland pretty ruin alot of things. ugh. we probably won't get anything good until the courtcase is over we still not out the woods yet. :doh:

Disney removed A Simpson episode with Michael Jackson on Disney+
So I doubt they will work on anything related to MJ
Wasn't that decision made by the Simpsons not specifically Disney?
Regardless it was a really stupid decision.

Someday I see Eo being a thing again. I'm glad they didn't go with this weak makeover.

Someday I see Eo being a thing again. I'm glad they didn't go with this weak makeover.

Maybe one day. just because it's been scraped doesn't mean won't happen. i agree. if this gets brought to life again i hope they use a better design. that's why i hope the estate can do something about it.

michael was all about quality.

Wasn't that decision made by the Simpsons not specifically Disney?
Regardless it was a really stupid decision.

It was s decision that was made together by Disney and the creators of The Simpsons.

Remember that Disney owns The Simpsons, so the company has the final say on what is depicted or whose voice is heard in that animated sitcom.

It appears that Disney wants to disentangle itself from Michael Jackson, considering that some time ago the company also abandoned the idea of working on and releasing the Captain Neo mini series.

Back