Missing scene in MOONWALKER (Blu-Ray)

kai

Premium Member
Hi...
I just checked the blu-ray version of Moonwalker and i noticed for the first time that there is a scene missing.

At the end when they are with Franky Lideo... he is going to give a syringe to Katy and Michael says "Do it and you're dead".

That is missing.
Why?

Is there any HD version including this scene?

EDIT:

I cut it back to the movie.

1. Upscaled the Movie to 1080p
2. Ripped the missing scene from the 2004 DVD
3. Cropped missing scene to 16:9 and upscaled it to 1080p as well
4. Used Adobe Premiere to Color-Grade the scene to fit to the movie colors.
5. Cut it back in.

I also cutted the original german audio from the 80s (the 2004 one was re-recorded badly).
Saved a 12GB MKV with English/German audio.

Here is the missing scene in HD in English.

Last edited:
The Blu-Ray has a few edited scenes from memory. No idea why.

It's the only copy available in that quality so none of the missing scenes are available.

Hi...
I just checked the blu-ray version of Moonwalker and i noticed for the first time that there is a scene missing.

At the end when they are with Franky Lideo... he is going to give a syringe to Katy and Michael says "Do it and you're dead".

That is missing.
Why?

The blu ray's a global release. For some markets (I think the main reason was the UK) WB had to remove those scenes in order to get their desired ratings. A single authored blu ray for the entire world market is simply less costly than several different releases.

I think the dvd hasn't those edits. It's been ages since last watched the dvd, though.

Hi...

That is missing.
Why?

I thought you outta all people knew that lol

I thought you outta all people knew that lol

No, since Moonwalker is far away from being a good movie, i never watch it. Until today where i wanted to dub the HD version with the german original-audio and then i noticed the scene is missing.

No, since Moonwalker is far away from being a good movie, i never watch it. Until today where i wanted to dub the HD version with the german original-audio and then i noticed the scene is missing.
Yep....i looooved that "do it & ya dead" line

kai;4317624 said:
Hi...

That is missing.
Why?

It has been said that it was a decision that the Estate had to make because of the circumstances surrounding the death of Michael Jackson.

The Estate cut that particular drug scene from the Blu-ray version of that film in order to avoid references to Michael Jackson’s death by Propofol overdose.

There have been several other edits (cuts, or even slight additions) to the ‘Moonwalker’ film depending on its released version (DVD, Blu-ray, etc) or depending on the territory in which it was released, but generally this happens to almost every other released film, so this is not a big deal.

mj_frenzy;4317705 said:
It has been said that it was a decision that the Estate had to make because of the circumstances surrounding the death of Michael Jackson.

The Estate cut that particular drug scene from the Blu-ray version of that film in order to avoid references to Michael Jackson’s death by Propofol overdose.

There have been several other edits (cuts, or even slight additions) to the ‘Moonwalker’ film depending on its released version (DVD, Blu-ray, etc) or depending on the territory in which it was released, but generally this happens to almost every other released film, so this is not a big deal.
I call BS! Where do u get your sources from??? That is not the reason. It was due to showing drugs. The estate didnt even have anything to do with it. It was wb! They own that footage. If thats the case... everything on visions wouldve been upscaled as well

I think it was to get a child-friendly grading in all territories - like someone mentioned above.

This BR was the same everywhere it was released, so to make it fit all countries and not risk it was a 15+ age film (or 11+ or whatever) they took out scenes to make it allowed for all audiences. - better sales...

I doubt the estate had any say in this matter. - Actually I doubt they have even seen the film.

I cut it back to the movie.

1. Upscaled the Movie to 1080p
2. Ripped the missing scene from the 2004 DVD
3. Cropped missing scene to 16:9 and upscaled it to 1080p as well
4. Used Adobe Premiere to Color-Grade the scene to fit to the movie colors.
5. Cut it back in.

I also cutted the original german audio from the 80s (the 2004 one was re-recorded badly).
Saved a 12GB MKV with English/German audio.

Here is the missing scene in HD in English.

Looks nice.

But... that scene...

Maybe a stupid question but why not use the for point 1?

(Just learned that you first channel got deleted, sad.)

Looks nice.

But... that scene...

Maybe a stupid question but why not use the for point 1?

(Just learned that you first channel got deleted, sad.)

why not use what?

Sorry ... the blu-ray !
(I think I changed the sentence and deleted extra words.)

Sorry ... the blu-ray !
(I think I changed the sentence and deleted extra words.)

Well... i used the blu-ray.. Upscaled the HD blue ray to FHD like i posted it in my step-by-step description.

Oh ok. My blu-ray is already FHD actually (And I have the German edition, and the UK edition. And they're actually precisely the same bit to bit.)
Didn't know there were HD (non-FHD) blu-rays.

Oh ok. My blu-ray is already FHD actually (And I have the German edition, and the UK edition. And they're actually precisely the same bit to bit.)
Didn't know there were HD (non-FHD) blu-rays.

I actually don't have the blu-ray i used a rip i downloaded long ago.. it was 720p.
Also i know that its available in german. But they re-synchronised the whole german movie in 2004 with different voices.
I never liked that new audio. Thats why i dubbed it with the original 80s audio.

When you they changed voices are you talking about the English version? Because even if one of my came from Germany, I don't understand German.

Also don't worry, your upscale actually looks less grainy than the blu-ray, not sure about sharpness/details, but it looks nice and less grainy.

They need to re-release the Blu-ray with the scene reinserted. **** censorship.

When you they changed voices are you talking about the English version? Because even if one of my came from Germany, I don't understand German.

Also don't worry, your upscale actually looks less grainy than the blu-ray, not sure about sharpness/details, but it looks nice and less grainy.

No, i am talking about the german voices. They were re-recorded with different voice actors for the 2004 DVD release.. and no-one liked those including me.

Oi...
Acabei de verificar a versão blu-ray do Moonwalker e notei pela primeira vez que falta uma cena.

No final quando eles estão com Franky Lideo... ele vai dar uma seringa para Katy e Michael diz "Faça isso e você está morto".

Isso está faltando.
Por quê?

Existe alguma versão em HD incluindo essa cena?

EDITAR:

Eu cortei de volta para o filme.

1. Aprimorou o filme para 1080p
2. Rasgou a cena que faltava do DVD de 2004
3. Cortou a cena que faltava para 16:9 e fez o upscaling para 1080p também
4. Usou o Adobe Premiere para colorir a cena para ajustar as cores do filme.
5. Corte-o novamente.

Eu também cortei o alemão original

Olá, você ainda está procurando a versão completa do filme Moonwalker?

I have yet to find a digital copy that contains the original audio (sound effects during Leave Me Alone etc). On every DVD release, the teeth have been muted, along with splashes duiring the water scenes.

The german dub on the DVD has those sounds, but German audio obviously. I'll keep looking for the audio that was on my VHS!

Eu tenho a cópia da fita VHS em inglês eu poderia passar para você

Eu comprei também a versão do iTunes a qualidade do iTunes é a mesma qualidade do blu-ray (talvez até melhor que o blu-ray)
Eu gostei muito da versão do iTunes por que tem o áudio em português brasileiro e a versão disponível no iTunes é a versão completa do filme ou seja a Versão do iTunes tem a parte que o Mr. Big vai injetar droga na Katy

OMG thank you for posting this I knew I'd seen it before and was confused that I had never seen it again after. I guess the version I downloaded had it cut but I'm gonna splice it in. lol.

Back